What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

methyl-jasmonate (MJ) orprohydrojasmon (PHJ), they might have similar efficacy.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Spray-able methyl-jasmonate (MJ) increased anthocyanin accumulation
but it is expensive and has low stability. Synthetically produced analogue,
prohydrojasmon (PHJ), might have similar efficacy.

geoffo

ive got some hedione here essential oil which is methyl dihydrojasmonate whats the application rates PPM il test it on one plant, need a reply quick though
If its a chemical stress response im not sure if i could just rub it on the stem and itll absorb. Il try it on a branch.
From what i recall its 7-10days for a noticeable response?

geoffo

Yep you could, I have used a paint brush.

What results did you get, was they as expected? did you just apply it neat to thw stem or dilute the concentration down please?

What i read the jasmonate in research it was applied as a foliar but thats a definate no no for me at this point in flower as i think itd leave residues and foul the taste.
I did try apply a tiny amount earlier and coincidence perhaps i had a weird response from the plant i tested, but il have to repeat to confirm the result, as it wasnt as expected. Potassium defiency showed buds swelled prematurely trichomes was enchanced. Plant then stalled.

Ive a 55w 12%uvb 4ft t5 for my other plants to try elicit a positive response in terpenes. My main tests this grow aside from the triacontanol + ccc have been to try boost the terpene/thc content of the finished buds. That is without sacrificing the yield The UVB il run 20 minutes initially harden the plants over several days. If all it does is kill pathogens and prevent mold thats a win for me. Ive large dense tightly packed buds and not much wiggle room

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Hi Geoffo and Shaggyballs.

Super interested in this! Been reading up on papers regarding this.
Additionally even found a US patent (pending still) for a product using abscisic acid, methyl jasmonate, glucose, fructose, and sacarose (ie sugar). US20180279611A1

What have you guys noticed with the applications?
Any new Information on this?

Cheers !
Fellow biochem nerd ?

ive got some hedione here essential oil which is methyl dihydrojasmonate whats the application rates PPM il test it on one plant, need a reply quick though
If its a chemical stress response im not sure if i could just rub it on the stem and itll absorb. Il try it on a branch.
From what i recall its 7-10days for a noticeable response?

There is another jasmonic acid thread on here. I'll look for it. But I believe someone on there did a methyl jasmonate/methyl dihydrojasmonate side by side and found negative effects from the latter but not the former.

Also I think, if I remember correctly, the most successful applications were halfway to 3/4 of the way through flower. Basically once the buds have been formed, you can't lose yield and the plant basically is just pushing out resin/THC/terpenes at a certain point. If I remember correctly the application rate was like 75 ppm at like week 5 of flower being the most successful practice, but they only did like one or two uncontrolled trials. Also I think they used an alcohol preperation to help it solubilize in water and not just volitalize off.

MindEater

Additionally even found a US patent (pending still) for a product using abscisic acid, methyl jasmonate, glucose, fructose, and sacarose (ie sugar). US20180279611A1

Cheers !
Fellow biochem nerd ?

I noticed that allowing the plant to create these substances at the right times creates superior results in comparison to adulterating with foreign substances.

geoffo

Cheers !
Fellow biochem nerd ?

Im waiting for results to show on the plant i tested but to be honest my plants are absolutely dripping in thc as it is, maybe the only difference will be the plant i applied the jasmonate too the trichomes will be longer and more developed.

Im pig sick my uvb light arrived broken i desperately wanted comparative results as id rather use UVB to achieve the same result if i can than add more chemicals. I dont know if the replacement will arrive before my grows finished.
The other positive to UVB is it kills mold and pathogens, that last week of flower is always nerve wracking especially when your plants are thc laden and most prone to mold or rot.

I was prewarned by someone using jasmonate can affect the taste and while the result looks amazing the taste may diminish the overall quality, its made me cautious and look for viable alternatives.

Kustom_ax

Veteran
I noticed that allowing the plant to create these substances at the right times creates superior results in comparison to adulterating with foreign substances.

Do you have a method for this? Or are you simply suggesting inaction?

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Hey Geoffo,

Let us know how it turns out!

Oh, bugger, bad luck on the UVB bulb.

Hm... the plants produce Jasmonates themselves, thus Im skeptical as to the extent of adulteration to the taste Jasmonate would have.

UVB does seems like the least "chemical" way to do it, but there are a few organic alternatives such as beta harpin proteins and chitosan oligosaccharides. I did order Methyl Dihydrojasmonate, but won't be able to start a grow for sometime still.

Latest posts

Latest posts