What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Sativas

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Far as i know BOEL never bred anything intentionally, if they really came from a legit BOEL source they are likely descended from either oaxacan, nayarit, or zacatecas seeds that came from loads my granddad was smuggling out of mexico.
They didn't take much care to separate things in those days so everything got kind of mixed up.
I can ask some of the brothers again more specifics about what they were growing in HI

That would be excellent if you could reach out, yeah.
Thank you.

After going through Oaxaca 79 threads here on IC, I see those leaves in many of the plants Ive grown out so far, especially in my F3s.
I was referring to oaxaca boel and other things that also run on social media, not you. :)
Peace
Oh yeah, ive been seeing that a lot myself. Just out of nowhere people slapping that moniker on their lines.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Here's a few pics
Screenshot_20220908-054457-809.png
Screenshot_20220908-054213-327.png
Screenshot_20220908-054801-476.png
Screenshot_20220908-054913-131.png

RobFromTX

Does anyone here know of a seedbank that carries hawaiian strains? I grew out the mountain gold from GMG, which had federations version, but id love to find some new landrace genetics. I know theyre out there

romanoweed

yes, there should be lots of Sativa Mexican Jamiacan in this 90s Hawaiian. I just have seen to few Pics of a realdeal 70s Mexican to even be able to spot anythign like that, i beleive i saw somethng that again i cant really distinguish, but think it may be mexi Jamaican, African. Rather than Columbian or Panamese..

I see slight hempy tendencies in almost any Landrace, also the ones i personally adore. This looks mostly nice, nice sativa and better than any modern collected one IMHO, NO CLAIM, specualtion pure. Its not PURE Hemp at all, just tendencies.. mexican Hemp/multipurposal. mixed with super sativa

RobFromTX

yes, there should be lots of Sativa Mexican Jamiacan in this 90s Hawaiian. I just have seen to few Pics of a realdeal 70s Mexican to even be able to spot anythign like that, i beleive i saw somethng that again i cant really distinguish, but think it may be mexi Jamaican, African. Rather than Columbian or Panamese..

I see slight hempy tendencies in almost any Landrace, also the ones i personally adore. This looks mostly nice, nice sativa and better than any modern collected one IMHO, NO CLAIM, specualtion pure. Its not PURE Hemp at all, just tendencies.. mexican Hemp/multipurposal. mixed with super sativa
Hempy tendencies? How do you mean that?

romanoweed

@RobFromTX

Its widely specualted that Hawaiian Strains may be just from newly imported Genetics (Mexican, Thai, some Afghanis later, Lebanese,, often you get a mix).

i know someone that believes he has a pure Hawaiian cause on Phylos it didnt show any close relations . Not shure if its the elusive true HAwaiian.. not bad looking, he says its like Mushrooms.. middle fat plants, not thin, not fat.
It reminded me of another HAwaiian i once saw, but yeah,, true hawaiian? who can really tell..

Not the ONE tendencies.. Thats how i mean hempy tendencies .. I mean we dont know so exactly how they all selected and used their Strains, right? And acording believes, some grew it for Fiber, or a similar thing: they sometimes didnt select very well, thats what i mean with hempy. I DONT mean SPECIFICALLY Hemp from China, or hemp from Europe.. I mean just slightly subopimal selections in therms of Effect in the Heritage.

RobFromTX

@RobFromTX

Its widely specualted that Hawaiian Strains may be just from newly imported Genetics (Mexican, Thai, some Afghanis later, Lebanese,, often you get a mix).

i know someone that believes he has a pure Hawaiian cause on Phylos it didnt show any close relations . Not shure if its the elusive true HAwaiian.. not bad looking, he says its like Mushrooms.. middle fat plants, not thin, not fat.
It reminded me of another HAwaiian i once saw, but yeah,, true hawaiian? who can really tell
thats describes the federation version pretty well. medium fat plants with huge colas that dont need weight support. Kind of like a cactus really

romanoweed

federation Sativa, yes, might be, i dig your Choice of words here. But probably its just Mexican? .
The color of the alleged "true Hawaiian" is slightly poisenous green, but a dark green, plus poisenous, neon`ish.. it matches with federations sativa slightly, however why should we assume federation is a true Hawaiian.. Its just one that cursates since a long time

RobFromTX

There's this one Hawaiian seedbank at least:

Dunno how legit they are but seems like they have a brick and mortar store in Honolulu.
Wow im definitely gonna research these guys

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
There's this one Hawaiian seedbank at least:

Dunno how legit they are but seems like they have a brick and mortar store in Honolulu.
From what little I know it is from a former user here who has spammed everywhere, inventing a sea of bs to advertise, in other words fake hawaiian (if I'm not mistaken there is something in this tread too)

RobFromTX

From what little I know it is from a former user here who has spammed everywhere, inventing a sea of bs to advertise, in other words fake hawaiian (if I'm not mistaken there is something in this tread too)
yeah thats kind of the conclusion ive reached after going through the webpage

goingrey

Interesting. By fake Hawaiian you mean the pedigree of the famous name strains is not true or that they are importing seed?

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Thread 'Hawaiian Pakalōlō Roots: Hawaiian History 420' https://www.icmag.com/threads/hawaiian-pakalolo-roots-hawaiian-history-420.359585/

I have no idea how i can quote a post in another thread ....
Anyway, the guy spammed all the forums(not just icmag) with a lot of bs, and apparently he's not even Hawaiian, he just lived on one of the islands for a while, just to learn something to spruce up his fairy tales. ....

Thcvhunter

Veteran

Im pretty sure thats the same guy who got kicked off the islands and ran away to oaklahoma to set up seed/clone business
He used to be quite fanatical on the forums, too

Thcvhunter

Veteran
federation Sativa, yes, might be, i dig your Choice of words here. But probably its just Mexican? .
The color of the alleged "true Hawaiian" is slightly poisenous green, but a dark green, plus poisenous, neon`ish.. it matches with federations sativa slightly, however why should we assume federation is a true Hawaiian.. Its just one that cursates since a long time

Yup, just like this, and this is an outcross I made with BOEL hawaiian f2
Screenshot_20220908-190310-132.png

Thcvhunter

Veteran

Right.
In California, Colombia worked real well.
But when they went to Hawaii, Colombian didnt fit in well with the seasons of Hawaii. So they used Mexican.

The original line is (Swazi x Thai) x Jamaican x (Mexican x Afghan)
The Affy was collected between '66-'68

In the F2's, the Thai and Mexican were predominant, and found a creeper Swazi (stayed under 3ft and sprawaled along the ground.
Affy didnt show up til F3 when I line bred for it.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
@Thcvhunter is this the eact Lineage of the 90s Hawaiian?
But why did this Grower ask us if you knew Lineage already,:sneaky: confusing
Lineage of the late 1960s Hawaiian

90s Hawaiian is HP13, which isnt hashplant g13, but instead a strain from high altitude colorado that my buddy brought to the islands.

I dont understand your 2nd question

Last edited: