You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > *The K.I.S.S. Method*

Thread Title Search
-
*The K.I.S.S. Method* Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2019, 11:45 AM #3811
DoDad

DoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronosync View Post
Ive never really felt the need to supplement Mg but thats what people always suggest when they see a strictly Mg deficient plant. Foliar first to see if it corrects the problem, then possibly add some in the feed.

the reason for trying foliar first is that Ca and Mg have a direct relationship in soil and growing media so that too much of one will inhibit uptake of the other, by keeping extra mg out of the pots you avoid that.

The few times ive supplemented mg is by epsom salt solution in the feed aiming to add around 30-50ppm

foliar you should be able to go pretty strong as I doubt you will OD them on Mg but theres no reason to go over a few teaspoons per gallon, one is probably.. you could try searching "epsom foliar ppm" ?

Thanks I'll try that. I did a flush and fed at 4g per gallon and had a growth spurt overnight. Leaves are still variegated.

It could be my nute lock out was from doing 7 grams a gallon. I'll do some spray and will report back.
DoDad is offline Quote

Old 04-22-2019, 10:28 PM #3812
mexweed

mexweed has a spectacular aura aboutmexweed has a spectacular aura aboutmexweed has a spectacular aura aboutmexweed has a spectacular aura about
thinking of doing an organic run on a couple clones with only the buffaloam original potting soil and their 1-1-1 loose tea
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2019, 02:04 AM #3813
chronosync
croppin' leaf

chronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoDad View Post
Thanks I'll try that. I did a flush and fed at 4g per gallon and had a growth spurt overnight. Leaves are still variegated.

It could be my nute lock out was from doing 7 grams a gallon. I'll do some spray and will report back.

it could be that 7 grams is driving your pH too far down?
most nutrients ive used do that once i start feeding heavy
chronosync is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2019, 07:22 PM #3814
DoDad

DoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronosync View Post
it could be that 7 grams is driving your pH too far down?

Yes, I wondered that too and just as likely it's a build up of nutes. My run off at one time was north of 1400 but under 950 going in.

I also think it's got something to do with my media. I think I'll try a run with coco.

Btw, my experiment with the 1/2 tsp Epsom to 16 oz water foliage spray was a fail. My plants drooped for about day then started growing a little a day after but there has been no change to the variegation in my leaves.

My plants still grow and bloom and chop and smoke just fine and I have a satisfactory amount of harvest for me.

I just know something is not optimal because my leaves are not solid green run after run.

I've been running like this for a few years and haven't been able to find all the problems. There was more than one but the thing I haven't adjust is the media.

At least I know 4-5 grams per gallon of Maxigrow or Maxibloom seem to be the sweet spot. If I feed those strengths at PH 6 and still have problems it's not food.
DoDad is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:53 PM #3815
chronosync
croppin' leaf

chronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to all
I like to feed as low as possible and have found that plants do best if they are getting what they need and not much more, the biggest thing I look for if my plants arent doing well is the environment ... temps, air exchange, etc.

good luck!
chronosync is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 09:24 PM #3816
kookied

kookied will become famous soon enoughkookied will become famous soon enough
Why is this not pinned?
kookied is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:03 PM #3817
Gazoo31

Gazoo31 has a spectacular aura aboutGazoo31 has a spectacular aura aboutGazoo31 has a spectacular aura aboutGazoo31 has a spectacular aura aboutGazoo31 has a spectacular aura about
It should be pinned. Massive thread. I like kiss, although I have been using maxigro for veg. It's not working great so maybe it's time to go back to KISS...
Gazoo31 is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2019, 07:10 PM #3818
99problems

99problems has a spectacular aura about99problems has a spectacular aura about99problems has a spectacular aura about99problems has a spectacular aura about
Been doing my run now with only maxibloom and the plants seem to enjoy it and it's easy and cheap,gotta love the kiss method!
99problems is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2019, 07:28 PM #3819
SandyFantasyman

Location: Painted Hawaii, on the edge of the volcano (but when forced into reality: Canada)
SandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99problems View Post
Been doing my run now with only maxibloom and the plants seem to enjoy it and it's easy and cheap,gotta love the kiss method!
Absolutely.
Between running MaxiBloom as the main feed and using screw-in LEDs, it's possible to grow fantastic flowers for very little cost.
SandyFantasyman is online now Quote