What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Molasses

OG_TGR

Can someone please clarify this for me:

I find the same mixture ratio (21g/1T per Gal/4000ml) but I can't seem to nail down when/how to administer.

This mixture, does it go directly into the reservoir or do you feed it individually to each site?

I am currently running DTW in Coco.

Thanks in advance.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Can someone please clarify this for me:

I find the same mixture ratio (21g/1T per Gal/4000ml) but I can't seem to nail down when/how to administer.

This mixture, does it go directly into the reservoir or do you feed it individually to each site?

I am currently running DTW in Coco.

Thanks in advance.

Hydro, goes right in Rez.
Soil/soiless topfeed when watering.

Peace; 1TT

OG_TGR

I ran 50ml/20 gallons the other day with no problem so this time I stepped it up a bit! (this is for 25 gallons)

12_zps2fd3b8f8.jpg

sergiana

I wasn't aware of the nitrogen tox potential from using too much guess I gotta watch out for that. Been using about a table spoon per gallon for autos and they do ok with it.

Love the stuff; I read it helps use turn excess salts into usable nutrients. Anyone have anymore information on the nitrogen problems? I always use 1 tsp/g, skipping every water or two, in mid flower through the end. Anything in excess can be bad...

OG_TGR

Yeah tsp/gal is about the max I've read. This last application was just under that, I'd certainly rather have too little than too much!
I have two systems literally going side by side, exact same conditions. Oddly enough, I've noticed the system with the MO to be more pH stable.
I've been fighting pH for some time now, with buffers slowing the drift but not eliminating it. I'm not worried about a small drift as that allows for differential uptakes but sometime this is like, 1.5-2pts in 24-36hrs.
W/o the MO and buffer I got about -.5-.75pt/24hrs, the system with the MO was ~+.2-.4/24hrs.

EducatedHippy

Love the stuff; I read it helps use turn excess salts into usable nutrients. Anyone have anymore information on the nitrogen problems? I always use 1 tsp/g, skipping every water or two, in mid flower through the end. Anything in excess can be bad...

i can get away with 2 tbs depends house much im brewing :biggrin:

OG_TGR

Miscalculated and put in 6ml/gal.....it only took a day to see my mistake!!

6_zpsbcc0cb90.jpg

5_zpsedfef85c.jpg

Drained and started over, all good @ 5ml/gal!

jwm

Veteran
Organic or reg molasses, any real difference? I'm using super soil in a greenhouse, plants are thriving.
It's July and plants (original blueberry) are starting to thicken.
I've read the threads, pros and cons as to when / if to use it at all...
thoughts?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Organic or reg molasses, any real difference? I'm using super soil in a greenhouse, plants are thriving.
It's July and plants (original blueberry) are starting to thicken.
I've read the threads, pros and cons as to when / if to use it at all...
thoughts?

Food grade blackstrap non sulfured molasses. Organic is just a buzz word right now with no governing oversight body.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
I have been told to not use it in a DWC because of bacterial blooms, I was going to use it in my DWC with Great White until I was told not to.