What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dud Identification Collective Knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyjoe

Veteran
You would be way wrong calling BS. There are people growing huge amounts of weed and SS is most likely one of them.

I posted some stuff and nobody cared or commented. I was going to post about how to take that red colored powderized crab and lobster shell which is not water soluble and turn it into a useable chitosan solution but because the group as a whole tolerates Retro Grow and Retro Grow ruins every thread he joins you people can go figure it out yourselves.

Making some seeds like Chimera and growing a huge 200 light warehouse of salable buds like some members on here are 2 way different accomplishments.

Does your tech involve enzymes or an acid/base reaction? I would be curious what you have to say.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Basically, plants smell like hay after about the 5th or 6th week of smelling normal. Trichomes disappear, pistils gone/discolored. In short: garbage, that went downhill suddenly and rapidly, late in flower.
this is the type of dudding that i have never seen but is obviously an effect probably caused by mites. if these duds are looking normal til the fifth week its either completely different in cause than the the sour dub type dudding (obviously) or its the same type of toxin as has been stated but it gets delivered later and the course of the pathology simply plays out on a different timeline. when the type of dud that i have seen happens one familiar with it could spot it during stretch. it is very particular in the way the side branching starts forming early on. it will look dwarfed from the word "go" in flower. those side ways growing branches will dominate and you could snap them at the joint by week 1 or two just by sneezing near them.

the few times i saw them (long before id even heard the term "dudd")
it was a mess of broken spindly limbs that snapped every time id inspect them to understand why they looked so differnt. they didnt go from smelling normal to stopping producing trichs. instead they never began to smell at all. hemp flowers as soon as they started.

at the time, had i known it wasnt grower error and that it would pop up again i wouldve wanted to get testing. at the time though there was no lab testing being done of cannabis that i knew of that would be available to the general public. i think thats the case for the majority of growers outside of california. now that there are known labs willing to test (retro has posted at least 1 labs contact info repeatedly) it would be wise for growers outside of california to network with members inside of california to do a kind of relay by mail to the labs. an alley oop if you will. mail it to your buddy so he/she can deliver it by hand or mail with a cali return address.

until the labs can confirm, these treads will just continue to devolve into arguments over speculation and disagreement on theories. ill repeat what i and others said earlier. if you have no way to network here to get duds into cali labs friendly with cannabis then you can submit in your area by simply labeling them as another plant entirely.
they wont blink. i talked to one lab tech who stated that when cannabis was detected during a screening they had to intentionally omit that in the report for liability reasons and as a policy would not comment on the presence of cannabis in a sample.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Apparently this subject has been beaten to death... and needs to be closed as there seems to be no consensus as to the cause or any cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts