Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

Thread Title Search
Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2018, 01:25 PM #1521
PhenoMenal
Hairdresser

PhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud of
Big Nasty, colloidal silver should never look "yellow", so my first guess is your distilled water isn't as pure as it should be, or the silver you're using isn't pure silver (... there's not too many other parameters eheh ). Also keep the alligator clips (if youre using them) out of the water. btw just as a random guess, yellow might indicate sulphur/sulphates?
My DIY Thin Layer Chromatography @ home [link]
PhenoMenal is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 04:02 PM #1522
Big Nasty

Big Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenoMenal View Post
Big Nasty, colloidal silver should never look "yellow", so my first guess is your distilled water isn't as pure as it should be, or the silver you're using isn't pure silver (... there's not too many other parameters eheh ). Also keep the alligator clips (if youre using them) out of the water. btw just as a random guess, yellow might indicate sulphur/sulphates?
Well,it's not really yellow,it's more like wine and then it gets darker,like tea,in a couple of days.The water is the one for car battery and silver is supposed to be 999.It seems to have some kind of effect on the plant and i think in a week or so i'll know if it's working or not,i'll update here.Photos.https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment....1&d=1518620278 https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment....1&d=1518620278 https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment....1&d=1518620278 https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment....1&d=1518620324 I store it in a closet at room temp,no lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1017.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	446211 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1031.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	446212 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1032.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	446213 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1033.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	446214 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1025.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	446215

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1029.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	446216 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1030.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	446217

Last edited by Big Nasty; 02-14-2018 at 04:19 PM..
Big Nasty is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2018, 12:54 PM #1523
PhenoMenal
Hairdresser

PhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
The water is the one for car battery and silver is supposed to be 999.
Easiest and cheapest thing to test first would be simply go to your local supermarket/grocery store and buy a FRESH/NEW bottle of distilled water (don't need much as you know), that would help rule out your 'car battery water' as a problem, and more often than not it will be impure water causing problems like a yellowing or "wine" or "tealike" composition of the water.

Afterall, if your .999 silver really is that pure then the 0.001% impurity shouldn't be large enough to cause an issue, and .999 is what myself and many here have always used (there is no need for the extra expense of .9999).

It really needs to be just pure distilled water though because you don't want any other silver compounds being created via the electrolysis ... if you use tap water for example you could end up with silver chloride and silver fluoride (etc) ... probably not good for the plant, and probably not good if somebody ends up smoking any of that plant.

I'm not a chemist, I'm erring on the side of caution. I consider any plant sprayed with CS (even if just one branch) to be a "non-consumable write-off" -- all i want from it is the feminised pollen.

Distilled water is cheap (not quite as cheap as drinking water but we don't need much of it) and easily accessible so there's no need to gamble wasting your time with anything else.
My DIY Thin Layer Chromatography @ home [link]
PhenoMenal is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2018, 05:33 PM #1524
Big Nasty

Big Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the roughBig Nasty is a jewel in the rough
ok,i'll buy distilled water then,i just hope it's not too late.Thank you Pheno.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:47 PM #1525
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to behold
What is the shelf life of the colloidal silver? I'm assuming that if it isn't exposed to sunlight it can last for quite a while without deteriorating?
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2018, 10:06 AM #1526
Big Nasty

Hi everybody,finally i can clearly see some tiny balls forming at every node,i suspended the cs 2 days ago and i think the growth is faster now.Is it better to spray for another week or i should stop in order to get a fair amount of pollen?I don't know if the cs can damage the flowers.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:21 AM #1527
Big Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
What is the shelf life of the colloidal silver? I'm assuming that if it isn't exposed to sunlight it can last for quite a while without deteriorating?
I'm no expert at all but i prefer to make small batches as needed,one bowl of mine lasts a week or so.CS has indeed a long enough shelf life as they sell it but i think there's no point in using an old stock for our purpose.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:46 PM #1528
jump117

jump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenoMenal View Post
, colloidal silver should never look "yellow",
Not true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jump117 View Post
Solutions with the same concentration of ions can look very different.
Depending on the size of the colloidal particles and their concentrations, it can be a clear colorless water, yellow, pink, purple opalescent solution, or muddy color suspension, not sinking to the bottom in three months.

jump117 is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:19 AM #1529
Big Nasty

I harvested some bananas with tweezers and today i'm gonna trying to pollenate for the first time,i hope it works!

Old 03-14-2018, 10:35 AM #1530
Big Nasty

Ok,done.There was a little pollen(i hope it's viable) but i'm happy with that and i'll try again in 2-3 days since there are other bananas opening.I can't wait to know if it's working