Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2018, 09:34 PM #731
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
YOUR tap is 7.4. Tap varies greatly. Good luck. -granger

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:31 AM #732
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud of
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
Good one moony, it's a good idea to get your water tested for alkalinity and mineral content from time to time... So you can adjust your nutrient profile accordingly
The gardener I learned from lived in the flats. I no longer remember all the the exact numbers but pH was 8.2, calcium was pushing 300 ppm and iron was pushing 450 ppm. Many others were elevated as well.

My home garden is in the hills and did not do as well using same nutrients and light schedule.
Testing showed 7.1 pH, 175 ppm calcium, 50 ppm magnesium, trace arsenic (among a long list of trace minerals), and no iron.

After adjusting nutrient percentages the garden began producing larger harvests and stronger plants.

Tap water from municipalities should not have that large a variance but it can be large enough to affect plant growth.
Phaeton is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 02:08 AM #733
moonymonkey

moonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Arrow

tap water not changing until i put into empty spring water jugs.now I'm using distilled water jugs,other then that nothing wrong with ph of my water at 7.4 outs the faucet.peace mm/
moonymonkey is offline Quote

Old 03-18-2018, 02:05 PM #734
moonymonkey

moonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Arrow

is there a thread that talks about different ph numbers for different types of soils and how fast they drain also afecting those numbers,and volume buffering .type of soil,drainage,volume.im not worried about it myself but like to know what others are doing,for future reference,to make it go faster....peace mm/amazon and food prices,,

Last edited by moonymonkey; 03-18-2018 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: mistake on spell

Old 03-20-2018, 10:19 PM #735
moonymonkey

ok forgot one other factor above^^^^ DENSITY..of amendments afecting drainage...mm/

Old 03-20-2018, 11:56 PM #736
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
Maybe that topic is its own thread starter Moony?
MrBungle is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:14 AM #737
Andyo

Andyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to all
12/12 rooms back to back

I had 1 big room and heat and humidity in a tropical climate so i partitioned the room ,only 1 AC on the end wall.
set the light timers 12/12 back to back and in and out 6 inch duct fans in the partition wall constant full speed.
I didnt use ac in the separate veg room it ran fine with humidity n high temps with venting in n out to outside tropical.
Strange thing is The quality of flowering plants was way better than when id used bottled c02 in a single flower room.
So i put an ac in the mothers/veg room and linked air circulation to the 12/12 rooms ,veg got much better lights timed 16 hrs on split between the 2 12 hr room timing
Then i noticed the humidity evened out at 65%
Also the greatest increase apart from health increases in plants beyond good occurred ,The cuttings started rooting in 6 days in a unheated basic propagator vents open just lodged between vegging plants and didnt need weaning off propagator humidity in grow atmosphere because they had lid removed at start of dark period and then just slightly shaded by previous cuttings that where vegging
Due to timing i did away with mothers ,and just took cuttings of veg plants a day before moving into flower rooms still getting cuttings rooting in 6/7 days plant quality the best ive had.
So i had enough room for vegging in ex mothers space.
I AM SURE C02 GIVEN OFF BY PLANTS IS SOMEHOW BETTER THAN BOTTLED C02
Plants where all 1 phenotype from 1 original mother.A

Last edited by Andyo; 03-21-2018 at 03:25 AM..
Andyo is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2018, 04:10 AM #738
beta

beta is a splendid one to beholdbeta is a splendid one to beholdbeta is a splendid one to beholdbeta is a splendid one to beholdbeta is a splendid one to beholdbeta is a splendid one to beholdbeta is a splendid one to beholdbeta is a splendid one to beholdbeta is a splendid one to beholdbeta is a splendid one to beholdbeta is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyo View Post
I AM SURE C02 GIVEN OFF BY PLANTS IS SOMEHOW BETTER THAN BOTTLED C02
Plants do not give off C02, they consume C02 and give off oxygen.

You may have had your bottled C02 levels too high, anything over 1200ppm can stunt growth, especially if you aren't venting regularly.
beta is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:21 AM #739
Andyo

Andyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to all
Co2 given off at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Plants do not give off C02, they consume C02 and give off oxygen.

You may have had your bottled C02 levels too high, anything over 1200ppm can stunt growth, especially if you aren't venting regularly.
They give off C02 at night!
I didnt use any bottles of C02.
Its why back to back 12/12 rooms work so well.A

Old 03-21-2018, 06:01 AM #740
Gr33nSanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyo View Post
They give off C02 at night!
I didnt use any bottles of C02.
Its why back to back 12/12 rooms work so well.A
now that is a helpful tip! I have been running back to back forever!