Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Does Seed Size Mean Anything?

Thread Title Search
Does Seed Size Mean Anything? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2018, 03:45 AM #31
lagoutche.

lagoutche. has a spectacular aura aboutlagoutche. has a spectacular aura aboutlagoutche. has a spectacular aura aboutlagoutche. has a spectacular aura about
In ecology, r/K selection theory relates to the selection of combinations of traits in an organism that trade off between quantity and quality of offspring. The focus upon either increased quantity of offspring at the expense of individual parental investment of r-strategists, or reduced quantity of offspring with a corresponding increased parental investment of K-strategists, varies widely, seemingly to promote success in particular environments.
lagoutche. is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 04:23 AM #32
Kankakee

Kankakee is a jewel in the roughKankakee is a jewel in the roughKankakee is a jewel in the roughKankakee is a jewel in the roughKankakee is a jewel in the roughKankakee is a jewel in the roughKankakee is a jewel in the rough
well one of the greatest breeders of all time luther burbank not well studied in academia ...

he used massive selection theory upon his task. made most advancement off runts and outlier plants quickening the evolution process. it's very difficult to select for multiple traits without untrained eye as mr burbank would run thousands of test upon 2,000 or more plant species at one time. i'd bet without his knowledge most could not select for more than one trait per generation as many white paper theories never transfer into real world results.

look towards fukushima and the bleeding of isotopes uncontrolled into biosphere as thousands of phd's, masters of science can't control pandora once outside containment. but they had all the answers beforehand but collective silence is deafening with solution for bioaccumulation quickening towards mammals themselves ....

theory is a high priced assumption.

Last edited by Kankakee; 03-06-2018 at 04:35 AM..
Kankakee is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 11:02 AM #33
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
lagtouche!

this is what I've been saying!

I'll take my big seed with enhanced survivability anyday of the week!

I know the sativas have this hormone in them! I'm serious, it's a genetic unlock! Autoflowers might have it!

People have good outcomes with a 6 month sativa or somma dat shit.

I'd like to see a 55 day total plant with some yield and resin instead.

I have a feeling though. these traits are in genetic size of plant, and then only then do hormones come out.

Oh I have an idea. Take clones and hook them up to a small plant about when it's going to throw pistils (this way it makes it think it's a bigger plant that somehow is there)

then it will learn! (just an idea though. I don't know if you're tying in the hormones and everything and the dwarf gene)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:42 AM #34
Spaventa

Spaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant future
The plants I wish I still had 15 years later came from small seeds.. small GHS Neville's Haze regular seeds. Bigger isn't always better. It is most of the time though lol

Delicious Critical Jack Herer ACE Panama Haze
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349398
Spaventa is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 07:40 PM #35
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
I only have feeling it'd help outdoors people and new growers too.

The problem is the hormone. It needs vigor. Auto breeding hard to breed for da too. As it's life cycle is so small. why'd the plant want to be big? It just wants to create seeds dat betch. Ya mean?