Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > How much stress is normal when switching to flower lights?

Thread Title Search
How much stress is normal when switching to flower lights? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2018, 07:41 PM #1
green54321

green54321 is on a distinguished road
How much stress is normal when switching to flower lights?

I veg. under 150 watt (40 real watts I think?) compact fluorescents, one per plant, generally 24 hour lights on schedule.

I use Sun Systems LEC 315's to flower. I generally keep them in veg. (24 hours lights on) for the first few days or so after moving into my flower tents to let everything fill out a little, get adjusted, etc.

The last couple strains I've done have gotten REALLY stressed out when I'm moved them over to the 315's.

Any thoughts as to why that might be happening?

I move the lights way up so there's a good 2' of space above the plants (as opposed to the 16" I hang it at normally).... Nothing else changes but the lights... All other conditions are pretty much optimal (temps/RH/watering/nute schedule)...

Is it possibly just because some strains can't handle the intense lighting on 24 hours? That's really the only thing I can think of, so I'm going ahead and switching to 18/6.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
green54321 is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2018, 09:37 PM #2
Easy7

Easy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud of
They only need 18 on and actually require some dark to fully process the light.

That cmh is potent compared to tiny and weak cfl. Are you also potting up in the switch? That could also very much stress the plant.
What attachment society has in our estimation of our view of our sense of self, is certainly powerful. To reject societies view is a search for higher meaning in all the chaos and apparent order to our experience. The conclusion will be long after we are gone. It appears much else other than search is but chaos. To say it's found implies attachment. Freedom is not attachment, ye all things are bound. Nothing is without consequence so meditate on reactions obtaining higher understanding of the formations. Less reaction, less consequence. Somewhere there is law, there is karma. To be less of an actor and more of a witness. Just watching the structures do their business.
Easy7 is offline Quote