What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Topped then flipped

Packer420

So there, i topped then flipped to flower a day or two after I topped... Thinking the stretch would let the new tops shoot up.

It Has been 3 days since flip and 4-5 days after last top and the new shoots/tops arent growing that fast compared to 18/6.

You think i can wait till the tops shoot up or switch to reveg now?

Im thinking there wouldnt any tops �� they are still as small half an ince long

I top thrice most of the time and get 10 tops.

Thank you in advance masters!!
:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
This can depend a lot on genetics imo.

Like with afghan indica like genetics you have to veg them practically to size as the stretch can be as little as 0.5.

With viney kush stuff or sativas they can/will stretch for weeks and topping em at that time isnt the worst.

I dont know your grow sitch but i would top a few weeks before i flipped to get the shape i wanted and to allow more even apical distribution if that makes any sense.

It can also take them a week or so to respond to the change in red:far red and really start stretching.

Also topping stresses em as does flipping the lights and imo you need to give them time between these sorts of events.

Lastly if youre using more blue spectrum lights then that will hinder stretch because the far red:red phytochrome signal is weaker. I hope that kinda answered your question :dunno:

What are you growing??

:smoker:

Packer420

Next time would let them a few weeks after topping before the flip.

Im growing golden tiger X panama and panama feminized both from ACE.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
When you top you need at least 5 to 7 days of new growth before you flip. If not you too colas will not fill in correctly.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Next time would let them a few weeks after topping before the flip.

Im growing golden tiger X panama and panama feminized both from ACE.

Those might stretch like hell on you anyway, the panama phenos will be more columnar and shorter, so its not the worst. They'll probs take 13-15 weeks so the sooner you get them flipped the better really.

Next time just do your shaping a bit earlier..

Happy growing :smokeit:

Enjoy your panamanian tigers!