What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I am about to start my first Sativa grow

I

izzypog

Okay I went ahead and planted my seeds, I have enough room to get them started, I am going to grow all three out, that way I can know what I like and what I do not, plus, I am about to harvest a few plants from my tent, this would be the best time to start.

M

Mr D

@Shooters @Mr D , I have a 4X4X7 tent, 570 actual watt LED lamp, my actual height though is only about six and a half foot, is a topping regemin feasible? I really do not like my plants to go over three and a half foot.

I'm using LED's and depending on the type you are using, light penetration can be an issue. So it's better to flower smaller plants or do some defoliating unless you are using COB's. I've never grown in a tent.

Topping and even some training are good tools to keep some strains from over growing your tent.

I have 2 Killer A5 Haze plants in flower. One was topped and is only about 3' tall the other un-topped is 6' 2" tall. Both were about 3' tall when they went in to flower.

I

izzypog

Impressive @Mr D , I am so glad that topping is an option, I prefer to keep my plants a certain height, my LED's are not cobs, they are efficient and produce enough light for yields that would rival an hps at 600 watts. Is the three foot tall bushy? How much longer on the flower period do you have left?

M

Mr D

Impressive @Mr D , I am so glad that topping is an option, I prefer to keep my plants a certain height, my LED's are not cobs, they are efficient and produce enough light for yields that would rival an hps at 600 watts. Is the three foot tall bushy? How much longer on the flower period do you have left?

How bushy a plant is at 3' tall depends on the strain. My Killer A5 haze that is topped is not nearly as bushy as a panama haze that is topped. You can learn a lot by reading the threads here about SOG style growing and what some of the cabinet growers are doing to manage height.

I don't keep any kind of records I rely on the plant to tell me what it needs and when it's ready to harvest. I'd estimate that Killer A5 Haze are just about the 1/2 way mark in to flower.

I

izzypog

@ Mr D , I get the idea, it is a bit of uncharted waters for me, like you, I "feel" my way through a grow. I like to anticipate what I may or may not have to do. Most hybrids I grow are like indica, except two, lemon haze and jack herrer. Those two really grew like "sativas", it was not even the height, the bud structure as well, especially for the lemon haze(which is my all time favorite).

I

izzypog

How bushy a plant is at 3' tall depends on the strain. My Killer A5 haze that is topped is not nearly as bushy as a panama haze that is topped. You can learn a lot by reading the threads here about SOG style growing and what some of the cabinet growers are doing to manage height.

I don't keep any kind of records I rely on the plant to tell me what it needs and when it's ready to harvest. I'd estimate that Killer A5 Haze are just about the 1/2 way mark in to flower.
By the way, I find it refreshing that you do not rely on breeders time. Breeders times are usually, yet, not always, unreliable.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi izzypog,

Thanks for supporting our work and for your interest in our genetics. :)

The Tropical Mix fem has more tamed Panama, Malawi and Tikal hybrids so you can expect easy to grow, high quality and high yielding sativa hybrids of moderate flowering times, which will flower well with a classic 12/12 photoperiod, and can also be grown in the same conditions along with pure Malawi. On the other hand, Tropical Mix standard/regular contains much more raw, less tamed and much more extremely tropical sativas that prefer 11/13 flowering photoperiods and a much more gentle feeding.

Your Tropical Mix feminized plants will be probably accept well high levels of nutrients when plants are well established, in flowering stage and especially if you find Panama hybrids. You can post pics of your Tropical Mix plants here in your thread, and i will do my best try to identify their genetic background and give you growing tips in case it is necessary. Best wishes!

I

izzypog

Hi izzypog,

Thanks for supporting our work and for your interest in our genetics. :)

The Tropical Mix fem has more tamed Panama, Malawi and Tikal hybrids so you can expect easy to grow, high quality and high yielding sativa hybrids of moderate flowering times, which will flower well with a classic 12/12 photoperiod, and can also be grown in the same conditions along with pure Malawi. On the other hand, Tropical Mix standard/regular contains much more raw, less tamed and much more extremely tropical sativas that prefer 11/13 flowering photoperiods and a much more gentle feeding.

Your Tropical Mix feminized plants will be probably accept well high levels of nutrients when plants are well established, in flowering stage and especially if you find Panama hybrids. You can post pics of your Tropical Mix plants here in your thread, and i will do my best try to identify their genetic background and give you growing tips in case it is necessary. Best wishes!
I am so grateful, it would bug me to death if I could not know what I grow and smoke. I really look forward to this grow, and after this grow I am going to grow Malawi. I am questing for that trippy effect, and have heard nothing but great praise from other growers when it comes to ACE. I sat on these seeds because I could find nothing else like what your company offers and I wanted a very unique grow.

I

izzypog

I am super thrilled, first, I must give credit to @dubi , I am very impressed, these seeds were dated for January 2015, I have had these seeds for two years in a refrigerator crisper, cool and dry. I planted them(seeds), in fox farms happy frog soil,kept soil moist, and all three have popped, the picture is bad, I know, yet you can see one completely out of soil and by the end of the day the other two will follow. So the adventure continues, I just had to cheer the ACE seed company for their awesome seed viability, and look forward to seeing the end result.

Attachments

• 20190406_085403.jpg
    20190406_085403.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 17

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you @troutman and @MrD , I was unsure about schedules, I was really curious to know that. By the way what MJPassion meant by narrow leaf and broad leaf, is that both are actual indicas, it was the change in regions, and as most know, the rapid evolution of plants, caused the variance, the effects are subjective, as what is considered indica, can have an up high instead of a sleepy effect. Same can be said for "sativas".

Wow, does anyone actually know what cannabis actually was like before it was domesticated?
The region in which cannabis has grown has altered it's genetics, as well as cultivation by different societies. I appreciate your respect for knowledge and accuracy, yet, if you are such educated instead of hi jacking my thread like the pompous arrogant jack ass that you are, you might contemplate manners and be a little more humble.

Do you care to explain how you putting words in my mouth and me correcting you is arrogant and/or pompous?

You don't get to speak for me!

I

izzypog

Do you care to explain how you putting words in my mouth and me correcting you is arrogant and/or pompous?

You don't get to speak for me!

If you come on someones posted thread and then try to re direct people from it, and then follow me around you maybe stalking me. I have never had a stalker before. If you think you know more than others and think you can lord over them, that would be arrogant and pompous. Now that we are clear, you can go elsewhere and bother someone else, WE ARE DONE.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Sativa = lots of patience. Rewarding, but lots of patience. Try Jack Herrer for a Sativa, Indica mix that is spot on. I am running Jack Herrer Fast which just sprouted. Supposed to retain the characteristics but finishes in 6 weeks. They are off to a good start. All 10 are uniform, very nice. I am using these for my flowering room now. A dramatic change in the growth of the plants. Never using HPS again.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...grated-LED-Linear-High-Bay-50232161/302456569

I

izzypog

Sativa = lots of patience. Rewarding, but lots of patience. Try Jack Herrer for a Sativa, Indica mix that is spot on. I am running Jack Herrer Fast which just sprouted. Supposed to retain the characteristics but finishes in 6 weeks. They are off to a good start. All 10 are uniform, very nice. I am using these for my flowering room now. A dramatic change in the growth of the plants. Never using HPS again.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...grated-LED-Linear-High-Bay-50232161/302456569
I have run JH twice so far, and in a few months I will reverse one and self it.

I

izzypog

Hi everyone, Happy Easter and belated 4/20 , so far I transplanted and moved my girls to the grow tent under 12/12. Main reason for 12/12 has to do with two other projects finishing up in a week or so. I have seen great growth so far, and no chance of maturing with in the next few weeks.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi izzypog,

Glad to see the 3 seeds germinated perfectly and that they are already growing up.
Best wishes with them!

I

izzypog

My sincere compliments to @dubi and to ACE seeds, this has already started off well. I am amazed at the progress these fine specimens have made. I look forward to the smoke and the next ACE grow. I am extremely impressed and I have no doubts about the quality of ACE seeds.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks izzypog :)

Glad to see your 3 Tropical Mix fem seedlings growing vigorously :yes:

I

izzypog

@dubi , I am very impressed with ace seeds, I have tried other breeders, Ace is one of two I will do business with. Even though these plants are being grown in 12/12, I doubt I will flip over to 18/6, I honestly see no point. The vigor is impressive, today it looks as if they have grown about one inch.