What's new

Ace recommendations.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
High everyone!
I'm going to order from Ace this week and was hoping you all could help me out.

MY NEEDS:
finish early: I'm in VA. So usually we set out around 4/20 and first frost is in mid to late October.

Resistant to rot: last year was horrible with the rains and floods, and it doesn't look like it will be much better this year. Everything (cannabis or not) had some fungal/rot issue.

Indoor and outdoor: I of course want to also grow it inside as well.

Highly Mite resistant: I hate those bastards indoors

WANTS: "Sativa high"- I have never (in my over 20 years of smoking) got paranoid from a strain. That's probably because I've never had a true sativa. Would love a ultra potent trippy uplifting buzz. Opposite of couch lock is what I want!

Colorful: I love color so something out of the ordinary would be great.

Taste: I'm open to almost anything here. I like fruity, floral, fuel. Never really had a spicy strain.

So I'm thinking Purple Satellite and Malawi x Panama. Did I pick well?
Any issues with those? Are they easy or hard to grow?

What does everyone recommend?

What's Ace's most "sativa buzz" plant?

The most psychedelic/trippy?

Back to Ace site till I get this figured out

Koondense

Veteran
My guess for trippy is Zamaldelica but will be very hard to finish her in your part of the world.
Maybe Bangi haze would do the trick, along with purple satellite male you can make some seeds for next year.
I think I'd do that.

Cheers

40degsouth

Hey CannaRed,
this is my first year with Ace but all the plants I've grown have done really well and are solid and hardy. I've written up my experiences if you want to check it out.
I've been researching all the Ace strains, for outdoors, at my latitude and where you are sounds similar.
Although l'm hesitant to recommend any strains to you, mostly because l have no practical experience with many of the strains, l can tell you the ones that are exciting me most for outdoors next year are the Malowie~Pck and the Zammal Bliss.
I can also tell you that the strain descriptions are true and Dubi and the Ace team pride themselves in that fact......well maybe not the Kali China femmed.....mines at nine feet tall now and could have easily gone 12 plus if l hadn't retarded early development due to grower error; l don't think from the description they're supposed to get that big....are they.
Cheers 40

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My guess for trippy is Zamaldelica but will be very hard to finish her in your part of the world.
Maybe Bangi haze would do the trick, along with purple satellite male you can make some seeds for next year.
I think I'd do that.

Cheers

Bangi Haze does sound excellent. It's description checks all the boxes.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Peyote Purple fo damn sho!

I have grown it and it matches what you desire for the most part.
Only thing I would worry about is the mold... it makes decent sized buds that have the potential to be heavy.

Also... It is not an NLD. It is a hybrid variety.
Check the big PP thread in the CBG forum.

M

Mr D

Violeta meets all your requirements except it produces more of a balanced hybrid type high.

Zamaldelica would probably have start flowering in late July in order to finish on time.

Take a look at Zamal Bliss.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
So I think we decided. I'm going bangi Haze and purple sat, and my buddy Panama and Caribe.

It might change again, buy these will be our outdoor. Would like to get a zamaldelica for inside.. I need a couple more tents

Ncali

Veteran
Check out orient express, too. Panama hybrids are cool, some of them may run long. Chai thai or zamal crosses/hybrids are worth a look.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi CannaRed,

Thanks for your interest in our genetics for your upcoming indoor and outdoor grows, much appreciated.

Not sure what VA means for, but i will try to recommend you the most suitable sativa strains for your requirements.

For outdoor growing in your conditions i would highly recommend you Purple Satellite from Green Mountain Seeds/Vermontman. Purple Satellite finishes in mid-late Sept, has great quality, mold and pest resistance and beautiful colors too.

ACE strains like Bangi Congo x Panama, Bangi Haze, Nepal Jam and Red Sapphire are also great choices for your climate. And of course, i would also consider autoflowering genetics (Auto Malawi x NL and the new Auto Zamaldelica) to make sure you have a successful harvest at your latitude.

If you want remarkable beautiful colorful plants then i would recommend you to check Pakistan Chitral Kush and its hybrids although these contain PCK indica genetics.

Topic on most potent, uplifting and trippy ACE sativa strains has been discussed many times here in this room, although the most potent ones won't be able to finish in your climate so i would consider those for indoor growing, strains like: Golden Tiger, Panama x Malawi, Panama Haze, Panama x Bangi Haze, Purple Haze x Malawi, Super Malawi Haze, Tikal and Zamaldelica, and if you are also interested in more kinder sativa effects then Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Honduras Breeze, Orient Express regular version and Thai Chi.

If you want to consider some good indica strains then you cannot wrong with Violeta and Kali China. Hope it helps! :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Hi CannaRed,

Thanks for your interest in our genetics for your upcoming indoor and outdoor grows, much appreciated.

Not sure what VA means for, but i will try to recommend you the most suitable sativa strains for your requirements.

For outdoor growing in your conditions i would highly recommend you Purple Satellite from Green Mountain Seeds/Vermontman. Purple Satellite finishes in mid-late Sept, has great quality, mold and pest resistance and beautiful colors too.

ACE strains like Bangi Congo x Panama, Bangi Haze, Nepal Jam and Red Sapphire are also great choices for your climate. And of course, i would also consider autoflowering genetics (Auto Malawi x NL and the new Auto Zamaldelica) to make sure you have a successful harvest at your latitude.

If you want remarkable beautiful colorful plants then i would recommend you to check Pakistan Chitral Kush and its hybrids although these contain PCK indica genetics.

Topic on most potent, uplifting and trippy ACE sativa strains has been discussed many times here in this room, although the most potent ones won't be able to finish in your climate so i would consider those for indoor growing, strains like: Golden Tiger, Panama x Malawi, Panama Haze, Panama x Bangi Haze, Purple Haze x Malawi, Super Malawi Haze, Tikal and Zamaldelica, and if you are also interested in more kinder sativa effects then Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Honduras Breeze, Orient Express regular version and Thai Chi.

If you want to consider some good indica strains then you cannot wrong with Violeta and Kali China. Hope it helps! :)

Thanks Dubi. We ordered purple satellite, bangi Haze, hashplant s1, Nepal jam, Panama, Malawi x Panama, and Caribe.
So excited to play with real sativa (NLD) plants.
I definitely want to play with pck. I have a short slow purple plant, that you said looks like it could be a pck hybrid. I would love to see the differences and similarities between the two. I will order that for inside, this fall.

G

GatorGumbo

I wouldn't run Panama outdoors in VA, doubt they would finish in time unless you started them flowering early inside. It's possible, they'd probably turn out giving you some decent buds, but it's not a short flower strain in any climate. Malawi x Panama flowers even longer.

Nepal Jam would probably be the winner for everything you are looking for and the flowering window, but I have no personal experience with it.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I wouldn't run Panama outdoors in VA, doubt they would finish in time unless you started them flowering early inside. It's possible, they'd probably turn out giving you some decent buds, but it's not a short flower strain in any climate. Malawi x Panama flowers even longer.

Nepal Jam would probably be the winner for everything you are looking for and the flowering window, but I have no personal experience with it.

Damn. I was going by their description.

"Outdoors, it is also a very adaptable plant that has been successfully grown for years in temperate latitudes, and even in cold climates such as in southern France or Eastern Europe."
9-12 weeks finishing third week of October between 0-45° latitude.

Hope you're not correct, but even if you are, sounds like it will make great indoor plant.

The Malawi x Panama will be for inside. I have never had true sativa. I'm so excited.

G

GatorGumbo

If Ace or Dubi says they work then no doubt they will, give it a shot. I've never run Ace Panama myself, so feel free to take my input with a grain of salt.

In my limited experience with running tropical sativas outdoor, specifically Panama (unknown if Ace) they kept running too long and were bland. I haven't run them all indoor, but I've had the same Panama seeds grown outdoor in Cali and it was much stronger in effect and smell. It could have been many things, heat and humidity being big ones I think. You can get good bud, but it might not really a perfect fit for the strain is all I'm saying. With outdoor it can really depend on the tone of the season instead of the length. Summers there can be no joke.

I've smoked Ace's Panama and it is some darn good shit, decidedly some of the best weed I've ever had. I don't mean to put you off the idea of running it at all, just a heads up that long flowering sativas around that area can be a handful. Good luck.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Appreciate it. If it doesn't work outside it'll work inside. The Malawi x Panama most def has to be inside for me.

G

GatorGumbo

I've had great luck with anything Jamaican. Probably what brings the flowering time down in Nep Jam, but I'm guessing. Amnesia Haze did really well, needed some supporting though.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for chime in GatorGumbo :)

Glad you enjoyed with our Panama. :yes:

It's the highly worked Nepalese highland which brings down the flowering time of the Jamaican in Nepal Jam hybrid.

I've smoked Ace's Panama and it is some darn good shit, decidedly some of the best weed I've ever had. I don't mean to put you off the idea of running it at all, just a heads up that long flowering sativas around that area can be a handful. Good luck.

I've had great luck with anything Jamaican. Probably what brings the flowering time down in Nep Jam, but I'm guessing.

Latest posts

Latest posts