What's new

AC Infinity T8 Inline Duct Fan

Katsu

Veteran
The AC Infinity T8 Inline Duct fan is now installed and running! I’ve had a chance to play with it for a few days and I’m ready to share my thoughts 😊. Many thanks to @acinfinityinc for sending me the fan to test. Here is my honest review of the product.
The T8 is a much nicer piece of equipment than the $70 IPower fan I purchased on Amazon but it also comes with a stiff $199 price tag. So the question, of course, is “is it worth the extra $$$$?”
From an aesthetic standpoint there is really no contest. My “handyman” skills notwithstanding, the T8 is sleek and feels a lot more solid in my hands, and with the digital controller it looks really cool installed.
The installation was simple (even for me). I attached a ¾” piece of hardwood to the wall and then put a 2” cork/rubber block in between the fan and the hardwood to act as a dampener. The ducting is temporary as I’m going to move the 5x10 tent after this grow so the ventilation is more “straight-line”.
The T8 is a MUCH quieter fan than the less expensive IPower, so if noise is an issue you’ll definitely want to take a look at the AC Infinity line. That being said, however, the noise of 750CFM of air going through ductwork is loud on both units. This is where the digital controller can make things nice for you 😊
The T8 comes with a digital controller that not only allows you to manually adjust the fan speed (it’s WAY quieter even adjusting the fan power from 10 to 8) but also has a thermostat with an attached sensor that goes in the grow area so that you can automatically adjust fan speed based on humidity levels and temperature. The controller also has a timer so that you can adjust the fan speed according to a predetermined schedule.
In conclusion, there’s no comparison between the quality of the two units. The T8 is a beauty, it’s quiet, and it’s got a really nice temperature and humidity controller. If you’ve got the extra coin, it’s a really nice unit with some cool features and a very quiet motor – if you can afford it, go for it. On the other hand, if you’re on a budget, the IPower pushes the same 750CFM albeit louder and without any control of fan speed, automated or otherwise.

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 36
I have no need for such a big unit, but I gotta say I am loving my T4's.

Another shoutout to @ACinfinityinc from a satisfied customer. One of my controllers backlighting had become so dim that I could not see it unless I was standing right in front of it, and a quick email and some verification later, they let me know they had dispatched a replacement controller.

A couple days later, my box from ACI arrived, and boy was I surprised. I got the most recent revision of the controller, complete with the fancy temp/humidity sensor.

I must say, I will be a life long customer. I noticed they are making carbon filters now, perhaps I will purchase one of those since they are designed with their units in mind, I find the T4 a little anemic when used with "ipower" carbon filters.

Thanks for the review Katsu.

Jelly

Katsu

Veteran
Hey Jelly. I like running the bigger units and reducing the fan speed so they're nice and quiet. Also, it leaves plenty of power if you add a big filter or something inline to dampen the sound of the air moving :)

Sunshineinabag

If I needed online fans I'd 1. Need a SOLID WARRANTY
2.Whisper tunnel blue inline fan lasted me 12 years! If this can compete with that kind of reliability the price is worth it!

Latest posts

Latest posts