What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unusual runoffs

My plants look like they're overwatered.

Runoffs are low EC (I feed at 1.5ec Runoffs at 0.9ec) and my pH is unusually low (Runoffs at 5.3, feed at 6.1)

What's going on here?

Day 10, coco 3 gal, water once per day

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are your plants overwatered?

Do you add H2O2 to your water?
It doesn't take much.

Overwatering causes anaerobic conditions in your medium. H2O2 may help to mitigate it.

My plants look like they're overwatered.

Runoffs are low EC (I feed at 1.5ec Runoffs at 0.9ec) and my pH is unusually low (Runoffs at 5.3, feed at 6.1)

What's going on here?

Day 10, coco 3 gal, water once per day

a picture would have been great, Checking runoff on a day10 plant in a 3gal pot will not give you correct results. Runoff will be acc when rootzone is nicely established in relation to cocomass only..

Feeding daily a young seedling in a 3gal coco might get your plant overwatered if you saturate too much, at this phase with this potsize once in 2-3days would get you going on the safe side.

Daily 1.5EC on a 10day seedling is way over board you should pull it back

DunHav`nFun

First off.....10 day Veg or 10 day Flower ?.....I saw no mention of them being 10 day seedlings and as stated if they are , 750 ppms/1.5 ec is too high for the feed sequence.....now....

Rule of thumb for coco has always been if shit goes sideways , flush with 1/2 strength ph`ed nutrient solution so as to not mess up coco`s CEC and get the rootmass back in proper ph parameters....As the plants eat , ph gradually rises and ppm`s lower in a dialed setup , so with your ppm`s dropping as well as the ph , you have anaerobic conditions that most likely came from too high ppm`s , the plants not eating , medium staying too wet and depleting oxygen to the rootzone....and it really depends on how well the rootmass is developed as well.....

I`ve been wrong before but flush and recharge then start over …..hopefully you`ll be back on track.....Good luck and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:

First off.....10 day Veg or 10 day Flower ?.....I saw no mention of them being 10 day seedlings and as stated if they are , 750 ppms/1.5 ec is too high for the feed sequence.....now....

Rule of thumb for coco has always been if shit goes sideways , flush with 1/2 strength ph`ed nutrient solution so as to not mess up coco`s CEC and get the rootmass back in proper ph parameters....As the plants eat , ph gradually rises and ppm`s lower in a dialed setup , so with your ppm`s dropping as well as the ph , you have anaerobic conditions that most likely came from too high ppm`s , the plants not eating , medium staying too wet and depleting oxygen to the rootzone....and it really depends on how well the rootmass is developed as well.....

I`ve been wrong before but flush and recharge then start over …..hopefully you`ll be back on track.....Good luck and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:

Yes , day 10 of flower. What's odd is that the pots are wet, but with overwatering I expect to see root damage/ brown roots. These roots look white and heathy. I'm trying to flush but I'm seeing no results.

pH/EC into the pots is 6.3/5.9
pH/ EC coming out is 5.6/1.3

I'm running a ton of water through these pots and I'm seeing no change.

What's the best way to raise both my pH and EC? Flush with high solution of both?