What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Satellite

Max Q

Hello all, I also picked up 4 packs of these. I will run 3 or 4 this season in my greenhouse. I definitely will be chucking pollen. Maybe not chucking but at least one plant will be seeded.
To say the least I'm excited about this strain. I hope my high hope's and expectations are met. I will start a thread for 2019 in April.
Peace. MedDakotabis

I will be watching for your results, with your skills it should be a representation of the best that can be done!..... I'm psyched and will do a couple outside on my deck this summer.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
ThermalRider, I'm with you on those memories. I'm sure this has added to my excitement.

Max Q, thank you for your vote of confidence. I am and all genetics are limited to their environment. While some may flourish in my greenhouse. Like the Acapulco Gold didn't work at all in there. My Oaxacan from another breeder did well. With the addition of the Baglung Nepalese and a shorter flowering cycle. I do expect these genetics to adjust well.
I will certainly do everything I can to ensure each strains best cares. When I start my thread I encourage you all to post pictures in my thread. We can compare notes and hopefully everyone benefits with better plants and higher quality.
Peace. MedDakotabis.

dugzy

Chuffed to bits to get some of these seeds, I really am!

Vermontman and ACE, my thanks go to both of you for getting these to people. I will be gifting to my long time mate who does a plant or two in a difficult microclimate so it will be interesting to compare notes with others.

Good luck to all.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hey all, the temperature is up 30f ! It has been-20 to-50f the last several weeks. It's 7f today, I'm almost sweating it feels so nice outside today.
The genetics I have planned are really calling for me now. Spring is just a month and a half away. I look forward to pulling rootballs and mixing in amendments into the soil again. For us outdoor and greenhouse growers, we are almost there.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Lost in a SOG, do you have any genetics picked out yet? I have never done a SOG grow myself. Something to think about I guess?
Peace

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Not yet.. My purple satellite/s will either be outside or in a greenhouse au natural trees.. i might do light dep this year.. :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi,

Yes, indeed the new Purple Satellite available this year at our website has been bred by Vermontman from Green Mountain Seeds. It's a pleasure for ACE to have the chance to help Vermontman with the distribution of his work in seed form. He is really a kind and passionate person and an amazing sativa breeder and connoisseur. :huggg:

His Purple Satellite is probably one of the most interesting early flowering pure sativa hybrids for northern latitudes currently available on the market and many growers have shown plenty of interest for Purple Satellite and his work. He has posted plenty of great Purple Satellite pics at RUST thread.

He is now working on new strains and to re stock also his PineApple Banana strain too so hopefully more of his work will be available in the future in seed form at our website.

Hi,

Yes, indeed the new Purple Satellite available this year at our website has been bred by Vermontman from Green Mountain Seeds. It's a pleasure for ACE to have the chance to help Vermontman with the distribution of his work in seed form. He is really a kind and passionate person and an amazing sativa breeder and connoisseur. :huggg:

His Purple Satellite is probably one of the most interesting early flowering pure sativa hybrids for northern latitudes currently available on the market and many growers have shown plenty of interest for Purple Satellite and his work. He has posted plenty of great Purple Satellite pics at RUST thread.

He is now working on new strains and to re stock also his PineApple Banana strain too so hopefully more of his work will be available in the future in seed form at our website.

WE LOVE YU DUBI THANKS FOR ALL YU DOING FOR THE COMMUNITY. FOR ME ACE IS THE TRUE SUPER SATIVA SEEDS CLUB.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi horsemen97,

Thanks for your kind words! All the praise in this case goes to vermontman for his great job on the breeding of Purple Satellite.
And i have the biggest respects for what Karel did with his Super Sativa Seed Club in the late 80s, he was really a pioneer and he is also a very cool cat and very kind person :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Got my purple Satellite in mail yesterday.
Gonna try to get around to sprouting in the next few days.

therevverend

Veteran
Off to a good start with the Purple Satellite. Hasn't shown exceptional vigor yet, one is proceeding at a faster pace then the others. Very uniform in shape and size meaning the strain is showing stability. I'm growing a lot of purple this year, seen quite a range of color so far but the Satellite is standing out. Here's a picture from 2.5 weeks ago.

picture.php

We'd had lots of rainy cool weather up to that point, they weren't stunted by it just chugging along at their own pace. You can see the purple highlights, they've gotten more intense. Here's a new pic:

picture.php

That's one of the most purplie purple seedlings I've seen. Usually a bit of pinkish purple is enough to draw comments, that's taking it all the way. So far high marks as an ornamental but we'll be expecting more then that. Now that it's warmed up and the sun has returned I'm seeing a boost in vigor. I should learn a lot in the next two weeks to a month as they move through their childhood towards adolescence.

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
I noticed I botched the posting of my Purple Satellite photos a couple days ago. Fixed it and I'll post an updated one showing the new growth. The seedling was about 3.5 weeks old in the above picture, the new picture it's 5.5 weeks old. They're hitting their first real growth spurt, loving the new nutrient rich soil I tranplanted them into. There's a couple that are showing vigor. They all still have the beautiful purple stems.

picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
It's only been a week and the plants have gone through a growth spurt, bigger then in the pics above. They don't look different, just a larger version of what you see. I understand why Ace recommends pinching, no branching at all. Compared to my other hybrids it looks naked, just a stalk with a few leaves sticking out of it. Probably won't be bushy at all.

The smell is developing. Enticing tropical fruitiness. The stalks are still purple but fading a bit as the weather heats up. Two of them are getting tall, if I was indoors or worried about height I'd pinch, it may increase yield too. This is my first time, I'm going to let it go to learn about the plant type and structure.

SolarLogos

It's only been a week and the plants have gone through a growth spurt, bigger then in the pics above. They don't look different, just a larger version of what you see. I understand why Ace recommends pinching, no branching at all. Compared to my other hybrids it looks naked, just a stalk with a few leaves sticking out of it. Probably won't be bushy at all.

The smell is developing. Enticing tropical fruitiness. The stalks are still purple but fading a bit as the weather heats up. Two of them are getting tall, if I was indoors or worried about height I'd pinch, it may increase yield too. This is my first time, I'm going to let it go to learn about the plant type and structure.
All 7 of mine have grown tall with no branching, similar to OTH. The bottom two nodes on all of mine were so small they were not worth keeping. The third node and up will be the healthiest branches. All have either all purple stalks and petioles or deep purple stripes. Hope that gives you an idea where they are most likely headed my friend.
Peace, God bless

I generally top after the second node as it provides the best chance IMO to get 4 tops just personal preference...

The bottom row are all females the second row still waiting on signs. Two in the back are confirmed Males...

picture.php
[/IMG]

Definitely getting a berry wine nose of these young girls...

picture.php
[/IMG]

Here's the larger dominant male..

picture.php
[/IMG]

TOPPED after the second true set of leaves...

picture.php

Last edited:

SolarLogos

I generally top after the second node as it provides the best change IMO to get 4 tops just personal preference...

The bottom row are all females the second row still waiting on signs. Two in the back are confirmed Males...

View Image]View Image[/url]

Definitely getting a berry wine nose of these young girls...

Here's the larger dominant male..

TOPPED after the second true set of leaves...

View Image
Those are coming along nice Thermal. Love those dark purple stalks. Do you have any that are all green or with only a little striping in them? The greener one's in my garden seem to be the largest, very thick stalks and long wide leaves. The dark purple ones are the smallest of them all.
Yours are a lot more mature than mine. They're looking great. I'm interested in how your PS's mature and what's working for them.
Peace, God bless