What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

SolarLogos

From what I have read if you are looking for the super clear headed sativa type high Malawi is not the one. I do not believe it has anything to do with quality or potency.
That is a good way to put it BTF and I agree. Also, I think they effect people differently. I've grown 1/2 dozen Malawi and GT, both indoors, outdoors, early harvest, late harvest and still, when I read others reports on their experiences with these strains, I always wish it would work on me like that.
Central and South American grass does it for me. I love the clear, expanded mind. I enjoy contemplation and they are wonderful for that. At night, I use Malawi to shut down my mind and it puts me right to sleep. Unlike C&S American grass, I can't think well on Malawi, it empties my head.

I do like outcrossing Malawi, but I don't look for Malawi phenos. My Honduran x Malawi is one of the best smokes in my possession, but I choose the Honduran pheno and this one, shows no Malawi influence except harder nugs and a lot more resin.

I'm super excited about the Malawi x GG4 and Malawi x Royal Highness I made and have in flower. Picks of those will be coming soon:)

Peace, God bless

H

hard rain

@ yesum and hard rain, what is it about malawi that you don't like?

i have never had it alone, but i have had both purple oth x malawi and also golden tiger... they both are great (i absolutely love the p-haze x malawi). is there some aspect of the malawi effect that is less-than-ideal?
It looked great, covered in trichomes but I just didn't like the effect. I thought Malawi would be intense and trippy but it wasn't really. To me it had a slightly annoying high and I also didn't find it that strong. There was some that I cobbed that improved after about a year but still not what I was after. Maybe Malawi crosses are good. Personally I didn't like it, but obviously a lot of people do.

I have grown a few Ace varieties now and this was my least favourite. So far have loved the OTH, Ethiopian, and the Congo was reasonably good. I may try some Malawi crosses but I am a bit wary as I grow for personal use and having a whole plant that you don't really like and can only get rid of by consuming it yourself is not great. I have limited space too so I need to choose varieties that I will likely enjoy.

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
thanks for the replies! the g.t. and the oth x malawi did both share one thing: they got me high af for a good long while, but then i started to feel a bit dazed. they were good for an evening smoke, as opposed to morning or bedtime.

i really really love that type of smoke for a good head-trip walk at night, but i also am on the hunt for clear-headed expanded mind highs like solarlogos mentioned.

im also looking at those panama and honduras crosses...

anyway, a bit off topic.

this killer a5 does sound great for one of those trippy late-night walks....

Caswellian

Dubi said this wasn't the proper place to talk about it. Email them for any questions.

I have no questions, it's not my first rodeo with Ace seeds.

My 2 big cola phenos of the Killer A5 Haze both smell like the Malawi fems i grew out last year.
Sort of a vegetable and grapish combo of smells.
I assume they are Malawi leaning, but their size dwarves the Malawi I grew.
I'm expecting baseball bat size colas from these. They are already almost there @ week 9.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I suppose, that hybrid of NLhaze and ace Malawi will be heady and psychoactive, but in same time very heavy and bit narcotic, simply heavy hitter - dont forget northern lights in it, while the effect of OTH is clear headed and more etheric, there is no raw power of modern hybrid in OTH.

JimMuscles

I have no questions, it's not my first rodeo with Ace seeds.

My 2 big cola phenos of the Killer A5 Haze both smell like the Malawi fems i grew out last year.
Sort of a vegetable and grapish combo of smells.
I assume they are Malawi leaning, but their size dwarves the Malawi I grew.
I'm expecting baseball bat size colas from these. They are already almost there @ week 9.

That sounds so perfect for me! Im gonna do a SoG with clones, one cola is the goal, and the fact theyre finishing that fast is like icing on the cake!

Caswellian

That sounds so perfect for me! Im gonna do a SoG with clones, one cola is the goal, and the fact theyre finishing that fast is like icing on the cake!

I wouldn't be surprised if the two Malawi leaners finish in 12 weeks. The more Haze leaning phenos are looking like they'll go longer.
I run my Sativas under 10 hours of lights on and 14 hours off.

JimMuscles

I wouldn't be surprised if the two Malawi leaners finish in 12 weeks. The more Haze leaning phenos are looking like they'll go longer.
I run my Sativas under 10 hours of lights on and 14 hours off.

Ohh i see. Yeah i got a lil excited lol well im gonna grow three and pick a mom, but im hoping for a malawi leaner. The silver pheno, sounds like the best one to me. Any tips for my SoG? I swear i havnt seen anyone in these forums do clones with an Ace Strain... Or an Ace sativa to be specific. Just grew panama and im super impressed with the yield. Quality too, but man it makes growing some poor kush just like...it aint worth it lol. Panama has a huge yield, and dubi compared them so its gonna be awesome either way. :)

Caswellian

Ohh i see. Yeah i got a lil excited lol well im gonna grow three and pick a mom, but im hoping for a malawi leaner. The silver pheno, sounds like the best one to me. Any tips for my SoG? I swear i havnt seen anyone in these forums do clones with an Ace Strain... Or an Ace sativa to be specific. Just grew panama and im super impressed with the yield. Quality too, but man it makes growing some poor kush just like...it aint worth it lol. Panama has a huge yield, and dubi compared them so its gonna be awesome either way. :)
I'd give your post a like, but i must need to post more, before this is an option for me. :dunno:
I've got thousands of posts on another site, but i come here for the Ace.

Im waiting to see which plants i like before i regenerate them and take some cuttings. So i fall into the never taken Ace cuttings group.

I think you will have great success growing a SOG with some of the phenos I'm getting off of the 6 plants i recieved.
I grow in coco, drain to waste with 3 feedings daily @ an ec of 1200 under 1000 Hps De Nanolux fixtures, using the Lucas formula.
I grew these out from seed until they were about 8 inches tall and then transplanted into the flower bed.
The 2 more Malawi smelling phenos are almost solid bud from top to bottom with little branching and 3 feet tall.
There is another pheno that is very vigorous @ about 6 feet, and very branchy with long foxtails that are still rather large.
The other 3 are also very tall and lanky with less impressive foxtails, but i will not judge them until i have tried them, because i am looking for something special in the smoke department as well.

corgiu

Likeable Ace variety

Likeable Ace variety

That is a good way to put it BTF and I agree. Also, I think they effect people differently. I've grown 1/2 dozen Malawi and GT, both indoors, outdoors, early harvest, late harvest and still, when I read others reports on their experiences with these strains, I always wish it would work on me like that.
Central and South American grass does it for me. I love the clear, expanded mind. I enjoy contemplation and they are wonderful for that. At night, I use Malawi to shut down my mind and it puts me right to sleep. Unlike C&S American grass, I can't think well on Malawi, it empties my head.

I do like outcrossing Malawi, but I don't look for Malawi phenos. My Honduran x Malawi is one of the best smokes in my possession, but I choose the Honduran pheno and this one, shows no Malawi influence except harder nugs and a lot more resin.

I'm super excited about the Malawi x GG4 and Malawi x Royal Highness I made and have in flower. Picks of those will be coming soon:)

Peace, God bless

Panama Haze is my favorite.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I swear i havnt seen anyone in these forums do clones with an Ace Strain... Or an Ace sativa to be specific.
Then you haven’t been paying attention... I got 6 Ace strains as mother plant (Green Haze x Malawi, Zamaldelica Zamal/thai pheno, 2 phenotypes of Tikal, Malawi X PCK, Snow Moon, Ace mix possibly China Yunnan hybrid). Everything I have been growing/flowering indoor are clones of them, from the very first run with Zamaldelica, my first indoor grow ever. I still have Bangi Haze, Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Kali China, Panama Haze and Guatemala seeds in the fridge which will grow out to be mother one day or another (or rather clones of them).

Pretty sure most of us works that way...

deepwaterdude

Then you haven’t been paying attention... I got 6 Ace strains as mother plant (Green Haze x Malawi, Zamaldelica Zamal/thai pheno, 2 phenotypes of Tikal, Malawi X PCK, Snow Moon, Ace mix possibly China Yunnan hybrid). Everything I have been growing/flowering indoor are clones of them, from the very first run with Zamaldelica, my first indoor grow ever. I still have Bangi Haze, Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Kali China, Panama Haze and Guatemala seeds in the fridge which will grow out to be mother one day or another (or rather clones of them).

Gotta agree; I take clones from every new strain grow from seed, then run those I like in a second round. I've had more than a few Ace strains sprout roots while sitting in a glass of water for weeks on end, let alone in my air cloner, extremely easy.
Tikal, Panama, Zamaldelica x Kali China, NepJam, all got this treatment, to name a few. Since, too many new, amazing strains to try, so less cloning atm:biggrin:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I just wish I had space enough to keep the male as well to play later with. I had a male Zamaldelica which looked pretty much like my female Zamal/Thai pheno and a male Green Haze x Malawi with fat Malawi leaves... Too bad I don't have a baby warehouse handy :biggrin:

JimMuscles

Gotta agree; I take clones from every new strain grow from seed, then run those I like in a second round. I've had more than a few Ace strains sprout roots while sitting in a glass of water for weeks on end, let alone in my air cloner, extremely easy.
Tikal, Panama, Zamaldelica x Kali China, NepJam, all got this treatment, to name a few. Since, too many new, amazing strains to try, so less cloning atm:biggrin:

Yeah i probably wasnt paying enough attention, though this is my favorite section on icmag. I check the Ace section all the time! Best section on any forum! I have seen your guys grows, I just forgot you used clones. I just have a crappy memory i guess. Ill check you guys out. :biggrin:

jay sus

Your description of the old dutch haze sounds a lot like the -94 sensi nl#5x haze we had way back when. meaty/spicy aroma, and according to Robert connel clarke a clear colombian predominance (a leaf mutation of single or small cluster of flowers on the base of the leaflets). Flowering time was 12-14 weeks, but additional month made huge difference in yield and strenght. It reflowered at that point too. What I understand the first batch of that nl#5xhaze was nevils stock and it was superior to later vintages.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Oh geez, they got stuff discontinued on Ace website (pure purple haze and their thai hybrids).

Edit: nevermind, they just show the prices and the pack choices but nothing else :( ...

Latest posts

Latest posts