Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Bovedas 62% giving weird taste to my weed

Thread Title Search
Bovedas 62% giving weird taste to my weed Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2019, 01:45 AM #41
Bgoat

Bgoat will become famous soon enoughBgoat will become famous soon enough
Wouldn’t be hard to do some side by side testing.

I have used them for a couple of years and not noticed any odd tastes or reduced flavours.
Bgoat is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 02:34 AM #42
Imaperson

Imaperson has a spectacular aura aboutImaperson has a spectacular aura aboutImaperson has a spectacular aura aboutImaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Your mileage might have varied if, a blind test was conducted

Never used em myself,,,, I guess I shud at least try😁

I had only went to the dispensary on vacation,,,,,,,u think they just did bad jobs probly with drying
Imaperson is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 02:53 AM #43
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
I use bovedas after drying and haven’t noticed a loss of anything. Once the humidistat in the jar holds 58%-62% for 48hrs without opening the jar, I pop in a boveda62 and pretty much forget about it. Boveda is a 5 star product, imo.
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:59 AM #44
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Same. I can't help thinking it would be easy to make Boveda the scapegoat for poorly grown/dried/cured weed. Which would have tasted like ass anyway.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:06 PM #45
dufous

dufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nice
That's my point. It's not the boveda. There's something else going on.

A sour or vinegary flavor is bacterial. There's enough moisture for bacteria but not for mold or rot. There may be no visible evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Tokar View Post
IMO, Boveda is not meant to do our job of properly drying and curing. Boveda is at it's best when used for long term storage of properly dried and cured bud. Same as the way cigar aficionados use it.
dufous is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 08:40 PM #46
Imaperson

Imaperson has a spectacular aura aboutImaperson has a spectacular aura aboutImaperson has a spectacular aura aboutImaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufous View Post
That's my point. It's not the boveda. There's something else going on.

A sour or vinegary flavor is bacterial. There's enough moisture for bacteria but not for mold or rot. There may be no visible evidence.

What do ya think about
Maybe dried quick and rehydrated with boveda?
Cud cause the weird smells or taste
Imaperson is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 09:00 PM #47
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaperson View Post
What do ya think about
Maybe dried quick and rehydrated with boveda?
Cud cause the weird smells or taste
Patience is a virtue. It is not the destination its a journey! Boveda is there to bring down (slightly, read slightly moist) not re-humidify it. It will keep the jar @ 62% keeping things in balance. e.g currently it is winter here. Humidity is at 23% (common). When you open a jar, ambient air enters said jar. There is no doubt in this mind anyway, that the hygrometer will read lower than 62, by a % or 2 and be at 62% the following day.

drying 7-10 days
curing 6-8 weeks

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:46 PM #48
Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsif View Post
Most growers these days have a flexible reality. Placebo effect rules their daily lives, not reality. Broveda ruins flavor and it's very obvious to real humans with a firm reality.

I see the junk recommended so much, like, damn how can you think it's an improvement or remotely necessary.. Does anyone understand dank anymore? In my experience it turned a delicious UK Cheese into some tasteless vinegary smelling airy poop overnight.

I thought it was just dispensaries growing bullshit these days but looking online it seems everyone has lost the concept of loud sticky delicious dank. Moisture content for a slow burn has become more important than resin content.

Same people who keep their bud with broveda packs use Terpenez for that fake e-cig scent and call it an improvement rather than a ruined tainted harvest. Really shows what kind of garbage they are growing.

Sorry but your growing some really bad product if you use Broveda. Probably hydroponic and pretending moisture content is resin content. They even sell these stupid moisture packs at dispensaries now and people claim it turns dry tasteless unflushed crumble weed into loud sticky dank. Flexible reality of placebo people. Pretty scary honestly. Its ruined quality standards in the southwest.
Your grammar and spelling are as poor as your opinion.
Dirt Bag is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:59 PM #49
THC123

THC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud of
Went to a cannabis expo in Paris, Cannabis Europa and I talked with some producers of swiss CBD herb. They also told me that Boveda influences taste and aroma in a negative way. Boveda contacted them and gave them samples. They tested it and then declined to make orders at boveda for their operation. So I am not the only one. As I see it now, if you want good quality don't use boveda. If you want weed with a perfect moisture content (without skills) then use boveda. I still will do a new documented side by side and post it here as soon as I can grow again. I am not against boveda, I really like the concept. But I also know quality and boveda never gave me quality, it ruined it.
THC123 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:38 PM #50
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
I've had vac bags ruin buds. Not completely, but funky just the same.

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote