What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jackass destroyer SCROG 600W COB

unnamedmike

Thats Great, can you use the poop as fertilizer?

I usually feed the worms with the poop and straw (not all the hay is eaten, only the part that the lord likes) I dont know if it could be used fresh, but composted sure. Guinea pig poop is dry and dont smell.

unnamedmike

mh-z19 co2 sensor is in his way :D

picture.php

Last edited:
G

Sweet. I have a sensor but I run extraction almost constant for stealth so can't use it

unnamedmike

Sweet. I have a sensor but I run extraction almost constant for stealth so can't use it

Thanks :) I prefer by stealth to seal the room instead of run ventilation 24/7.
I suffered stress with the spacemonkey, I never had planted something so stinky, the carbon filter was useless and my neighbors are social networks xD Your sensor is autonomous or needs a micro controller?

My Co2 sensor is arduino based. Its the first of some improvements that I want to make to my current controller. Now it measures temperature in two points, humidity in two points, it has 8 relay output 110/220C AC, detects if the room is illuminated, a warning buzzer, 3 outputs 12/24v DC, calendar clock, radio communication with PC and a 128x64 screen.
The screen broke a year ago and I dont know if it was my imagination, but the radio connection with the PC gave me a headache. I want to buy a 7 " capacitive touchscreen and I don't use the radio function, now the connections are via cable usb with a Laptop.
In the thread of my signature Im documenting the updates to my "rooms", including the controller.

Actual arduino Shield

picture.php

picture.php

my future touchscreen
picture.php

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's pretty nifty.

Do you have a better shot of the relay board you're using? Looks like circuit breakers mounted on the top DIN rail and relays on the bottom?

I was going to eventually do the same thing for my grow room when I get to that point a couple years down the road. I've been learning about HVAC control systems at work and figuring out ways I could increase the efficiencies and correct deficiencies in my own house while incorporating the grow room HVAC into the entire system. Basically turning the entire house into a lung room.

What I'm trying to figure out now is how to give the grow room positive pressure yet maintain odor control. Damn cat fuzz gets everywhere.

unnamedmike

That's pretty nifty.
Do you have a better shot of the relay board you're using? Looks like circuit breakers mounted on the top DIN rail and relays on the bottom?
I was going to eventually do the same thing for my grow room when I get to that point a couple years down the road. I've been learning about HVAC control systems at work and figuring out ways I could increase the efficiencies and correct deficiencies in my own house while incorporating the grow room HVAC into the entire system. Basically turning the entire house into a lung room.
What I'm trying to figure out now is how to give the grow room positive pressure yet maintain odor control. Damn cat fuzz gets everywhere.

Thanks GOT_BUD :thank you:
Very good idea use the grow room as a home lung. May be an irobot cleaner can help with the fuzz thing. We live with 2 big dogs and two cats inside, and the vacuum help a lot.
Im lost in odor control too, any advice is welcomed. O3 is a strong oxidation gas, not a option for my, and carbon filtering go to electricity bill.

2 years back i said "is only a prototype, you can finish that thing other day" (sorry about wiring)
picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

In theory, the cococoir and some mycorrhizae arrive tomorrow (Glomus fasciculatum, Glomus constrictum, Glomus tortuosum, Glomus geosporum, Glomus intraradices)
picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

They are 48 (from 50 seedlings) bagged plants over the tray and laying under the COBs . I got already recycled 2 males. Mycorrhizae dont arrive and the minisplit is not installed yet. The plants are getting bigger, there are many plants and the jars from previous harvest start emptying, but i dont gonna flip to 12/12 without a good root system.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

unnamedmike

I promised not to buy more seeds but ... I got 10 Northern Light reg in the refrigerator. The mailman brings me 25 seedsman cheese fem today or tomorrow, and 15 seedsman white widow fem that seedsman has kindly given me, just got arrived to mexico
I hope to finish the keepers/cuttings closet soon, now I waste time growing in the blooming room. At least 2.5 months of flowering for each variety + the 3 months left to harvest the 13 Monkeys. I got the room full until June 2020, and I would like to try some sativas rich in THCV or be able to plant 6 huge selected cuttings instead of 50 unproved plants ...

One of the updates Im doing, is to change the electrical installation from 110 to 220v, in theory, the consumption would be almost half. If so, I gonna add 200 or 300W more of LED light in another tray in the same room. It would not always be in use, but it would help me a lot to select keepers while blooming for production in the current tray.

unnamedmike

Last night all plants were inoculated with VAC mycorrhizae (Glomus fasciculatum, Glomus constrictum, Glomus tortuosum, Glomus geosporum, Glomus intraradices).

I dont know if it was good for they, but not bad. All healthy and growing at a high rate.

I still watering at 543ppm (my RO is 33) and ph 5.7. Today I gonna fumigate them with lactic acid bacteria so not all the micro-life present is fungic. Previously I used "captured" microorganisms in fertile areas or my compost / vermicompost in tea, but all this is paused until I know for sure where my previous nematode infection came from.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

I hung some shitty LEDs where the new irrigation tray will go in the future, and under them, the remaining keepers.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last night all plants were inoculated with VAC mycorrhizae (Glomus fasciculatum, Glomus constrictum, Glomus tortuosum, Glomus geosporum, Glomus intraradices).

I dont know if it was good for they, but not bad. All healthy and growing at a high rate.

I still watering at 543ppm (my RO is 33) and ph 5.7. Today I gonna fumigate them with lactic acid bacteria so not all the micro-life present is fungic. Previously I used "captured" microorganisms in fertile areas or my compost / vermicompost in tea, but all this is paused until I know for sure where my previous nematode infection came from.

I can almost guarantee it came from your compost if it's outside.

Do you have or have access to a microscope?

unnamedmike

I can almost guarantee it came from your compost if it's outside.
Do you have or have access to a microscope?

Hi GOT_BUD :tiphat: thanks for commenting, it helps me in the diagnosis. Next time compost gonna be thermophilic to avoid pests. I also used fresh aloe vera and alfalfa, fresh coconutwater, corn sprouts and more than certain forgetting, so I doubt the real source of infection or if there were several. Compost was from a plastic bin in mi garage. I dont have a microscope yet but it will be one of the next purchases.

unnamedmike

Yesterday i toke cuttings to every keeper, they were already large and healthy enough to give several branches each.

picture.php

First I dipped the tips in a 0.3% IBA solution for a few minutes.
Then I changed them to a mixture of nutrients, mycorrhizae and a portion of the liquid IBA (I diluted again the 0.3% IBA at 1:19 ratio, 50ml of 0.3ml IBA in 950ml of RO water) As I read the first IBA solution It would be an equivalent to commercial CLONEX. The second is a non-exact copy of the roots excelurator (0.3ml/l).
They will be in this mixture 24 hours, and then to sterilized cococoir, they normally go to the aerocloner (I like to see the root progression) but the water pump stopped working.

picture.php

"Cutting the cuttings" I saw, with horror, that the keepers got soil mites. I saw this mite earlier, ate the oat / alfalfa cover crop. They are very boracious, if you touch them you can notice the nibbles on the finger. The funny thing is that they have reappeared after inoculating with mycorrhizae, maybe they eat fungus too. I have also watered each keeper pot with 2l of water + 1ml spirodiclofen to avoid a soil mite apocalypses.

I recycled 4 males 13monkeys, there are 46 plants without sexing. Next crosses will be feminized, my space and resources are quite limited to keep more males and every time I kill a male Im aware that It could been a great male.

Last edited:
G

What do you feed with?

My last lot of clones in coco I used no root hormone and had roots in 8 days, try one for comparison.

I want to build another aero-cloner, i was never succesful with one.
Good to read you homie, ciao.