What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Solo Coco

Deprivation

I did a res change on the bubble bucket. Also started spraying CS on my "trans pollinator" solo#5 and a shot of my CS gen.

A few pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Deprivation

So I am killing off 2 keeping 2 as I have a preference in structure. I have seen both phenos before, The fast/early flower tight nodes and loads of pistols are the 2 keepers the other takes 14 weeks to finish, I am going to kill off the one I started spraying to as it is the second pheno as well. I will hit a branch on each with some stored pollen.

As This thread doesn't generate any interest I may just abandon it.

Regards,

Fiddynut

Don't stop now

Don't stop now

Greetings Deprivation.

I'm fiddynut and I've been growing about a year now. I've had mixed results but I've been learning and having fun. Just stumbled across this thread. I just entered the party cup challenge and I'm looking for strategies to grow autos in 16 oz cups. You look like you have a good handle growing in these cups. I have no experience at this but want to give it a try.

Are those hempy cups? If so how deep is the res at the bottom? How often do you water? I'm going to need all the help I can get to keep a plant happy and healthy in a beer cup so if I could ask a few questions here and there that would be great.

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddy,

Its coco and and drain to waste not hempy. In flower it will need watering 2x / day

hope this helps
Good afternoon Deprivation.

Thanks for responding brother. I'm going to be way out of my league growing in these cups. I think I could handle watering twice a day. I'm still deciding on a method and researching grow methods.

Have you ever tried hempy cups? I'd like to space out the waterings a little if I could so I'm not a slave to my grow as much. During the week I'm checking and maintaining my plants twice a day but I like to get away on the weekends sometimes. I might have to make a sacrifice for this challenge though.

Do you think you'd be interested in the challenge? You seem to know how to grow in cups well. Here is the link if you want to find out more.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344673

gorilla ganja

Keep the thread going Deprivation. I have been lurking since the beginning, as I'm sure others have been.
Looking forward to see the progress. I am impressed with your grow methods in a solo cup.
Perfect idea for breeding on a small scale. Do you ever have problems with hermi's with being so root bound in small cups?

Peace GG

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That's a crazy impressive solo cup man!:plant grow: 30 grams off that beast. Now I'm gonna be hella disappointed in myself when I pull less than that off a large plant. :cry:

Deprivation

Ah there is life in the autoflower section after all.. I seen some views but one never knows if its guests or not.

@Fiddy I hear you, the thing I found with solo hempys is they stay to wet during seedling phase and after with drain to waste i just feed with the 20% run off then put another solo under with no hole and top up to the rim but thats after the roots are well established.

@Gorilla good to know some are looking in, these should give up a zip+ each again. Pop in anytime.

@APH I been in coco for a long time and the solos enable me to have some fun and run out a few seeds, do a bit of pollen chucking. Find a strain and grow it a few times in a row or offset your plants 30 days apart that way you can make corrections on the next plant and use a faster learning curve.

Peace

Deprivation

Here we are like day 35ish with my favorite pheno I got 2 of these. I will drop 6 more seed and I killed off the other slow phenos. This pheno has great drought resistance and can go all the way down to 120g from 450g and still look happy the other pheno has every leaf hanging @ 200g.

Topped and supper cropped to get 4 mains going for bigger nugs this time with 4 instead of 6.

Still spraying cs on one plant although it's not the pheno I wanted.

picture.php
picture.php

Deprivation

I have been looking for a short tote to fit into my grow space as I would love to run a pump and drippers dtw. Finding the airpots up here is a challenge.

Do you run drippers in .7 gallon Airpots?

If you can get that in solo cups, you would do even better in .7 gallon airpots, if you can feed 3 or 4 times a day, or automate feeds. You should get at least one to compare.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Superoots-Air-Pot-0-3-Gallon-1L-Garden-Propagation-Pot-Planter-Containers-/391296165388?hash=item5b1b11a60c:g:UNsAAOSw5ZBWIVn5

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have been looking for a short tote to fit into my grow space as I would love to run a pump and drippers dtw. Finding the airpots up here is a challenge.

Do you run drippers in .7 gallon Airpots?

According to that ad, they are 1 liter. Could have sworn they said .7. I use them for first pot, from rockwool cubes. I go by DJM's coco tree's thread. He says to let them get a little dry on top before watering, until flower. The more feeds they need a day the better. I go to 1 gallon root routers, then 3 gallon airpots, which are really a little over 2 gallons.

The big advantage is air pruning of roots. Prevents root circling. The idea is when root reaches side, and air, it stops and you get side roots off main.

What do you get in way of dry, trimmed grams per watt? What kind of light?

Deprivation

DJM has a great thread. I have one Citi Cob 3000k driven @ 55w hung up, but I have 1 more on hand. The other side has 70w 6500k led shoplight for early veg seems to help the % of fems from reg seed. The space is 22"wide x 19" deep each side. G/w is tough as I never fill my space right up, I got 63g in the cure jars from 2 solo cup plants under 55w but had room for 4. Last run I grew a 90g in 1gallon coco dry and manicured. It wasn't trained much and didn't fill the space either, just some defol and I pulled the satellite branching out a bit to get better penetration and that is 1.63g/w....

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
The big advantage is air pruning of roots. Prevents root circling. The idea is when root reaches side, and air, it stops and you get side roots off main. /quote]

This my first grow, but I'm using the air pots, and holy crap, the fibrous root mat is insane. I think the only "great" pictures I will get this grow is of the roots. I would love to see what Depriviation could grow in those things man. If that big in a solo they would literally be ginormous.

Deprivation

I missed the part about hermies. I have not had any issue with hermies, the roots fully encircle the bottom of the cup and are white and healthy. The key to this imho is getting the plants root bound in coco and doing multiple feeds a day.

Keep the thread going Deprivation. I have been lurking since the beginning, as I'm sure others have been.
Looking forward to see the progress. I am impressed with your grow methods in a solo cup.
Perfect idea for breeding on a small scale. Do you ever have problems with hermi's with being so root bound in small cups?

Peace GG

Deprivation

So I decided to join the 2017 Party Cup Challenge (thanks Fiddy) but with a different set of genetics.
Same program coco dtw with bennies and GH lucas formula.:plant grow:

Four Beans in the drink

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
So I decided to join the 2017 beer cup challenge (thanks Fiddy) but with a different set of genetics.
Same program coco dtw with bennies and GH lucas formula.:plant grow:

Four Beans in the drink

View Image

Nice, glad to see you decided to join in the fun over there. I'm going to stick around for the rest of this grow show :lurk:

Deprivation

I thought I would post this since root bound stress was mentioned

Here is a root shot, it's the same plant as previously posted. Coco shrinks when dry and as these dry out fast the roots are exposed to air down the sides of the cups and that is my understanding of why the roots are less than bright white. My 1 gallon coco plants always have white roots @ harvest as they never get as dry.

picture.php

And an harvested auto in 1 gallon of coco root shot

picture.php