What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

damien50

Hi Tekvitamik, glad to hear you have had almost perfect germination rate with your Malawi x Panama regular seeds :yes:

To have twins from a single seed is rare but not impossible. My experience with twins is that they grow differently, usually one is much more vigorous and the other stays somewhat like a runt. My guess is both are not genetically identical, although only genetic analyses will be able to confirm it.

I had twins from the MxP that both grow vigorously in my SCROG. Two in a 3 gallon pot of Coco was one of my biggest yields in years.

Tekvitamik

hi, no unfortunately my twins are completely different. I tried to make them grow since it had never happened to me, but one is a very beautiful and vigorous plant, while the other remained dwarf, it will be just over ten cm tall. however apart from that the others grow great and are really beautiful, even if I struggle at really low temperatures. today I was under 20 degrees with the lamp on. today I finished the third week of flowering, the first at 12/12 and the third at 11/13 but you still can't see the shadow of a flower, they continue to grow ... is it too cold?

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IMG_20210424_062036723_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210424_062026751_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210424_061842322_HDR.jpg

Mal x Pan, 2 females, 8 Weeks. 4 inch pot/coco. Jacks. SF1000 LED panel. Light CO2 supplementation.
Love the smells coming off these. Indescribable at the moment but it is bright and not hashy at all. I can probably only take these another 2 weeks logistically because of apartment lease stuff coming up at the end of the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_20210424_062036723_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210424_062036723_HDR.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20210424_062026751_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210424_062026751_HDR.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20210424_061842322_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210424_061842322_HDR.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 75

angelhead

Hi dubi and everyone!

I just got my hands on this cross (fem), as well as the GTxP fem and the Panama fem. I was wondering if these lines would be suitable in a higher humidity environment?

Thank you!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
IMG_20210501_123809031.jpg
Chopped the MalPans yesterday at a lil over 13 weeks. They needed another week or two, but power went out for 13 hours and budrot took over. Humidity got up higher than temperature,I've never seen that before.

​​​​​​I Had two MalPans in the tent. One molded and I probably lost an ounce or so of dried. The other MalPan didn't have any spot of mold at all, but I wasn't going to risk it, so I chopped.

Smells excellent! Bangi Haze and Original Haze weren't my thing (or I didn't pop enough yet to find one I liked). But to me this smells way better.
It's definitely the greasiest stickiest resin plants I have right now. I brushed my arm against it while chopping, all the hairs were plastered to my arm. Greasy! Can't wait to try it. I really wish I could have properly finished them, but if they are this good with much white hairs, I gotta run it again!
I Got 2 females and a male.

When would she start to flower and when would she finish at 38°?

IMG_20210501_132038092.jpg
IMG_20210501_182322944.jpg
IMG_20210501_182327269.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest CannaRed :tiphat: Sorry to hear you lost a bit due to botrytis, such big and dense colas are susceptible to mold unless you can control very well the environment with correct low moisture at the end of flowering, slighly low temps and proper air flow and renovation.

Glad you are so far satisfied with the resin, yield and aromas of your harvest ;) Please, let us know your opinion after a good cure. Enjoy!

PD: Malawi x Panama finishes late October-early November at 38ºN latitude.

Hi bsgospel, i see burnt tips in your leafs, usually a sign of overfeeding. How are the ph and ec in your watering and feedings ?

Hope they can reach a good moment of ripeness before you need to chop them, undesired visits in late flowering are a pain in the ....

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
The EC is typically between 1.6-1.8. Unsure of the pH, when I've done the Jacks combo in the past it usually balances out at about 6.0-6.2.
I'll drop the EC though in these final weeks, maybe keep them closer to 1.2? Is that what you'd recommend?

The other issue is the pot size. These were born and went into flower in 4-inch qt. pots. I didn't have the space to up-pot these this time. When I run them in the future, I'll give them plenty more room.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi bsgospel, if the ph is correct, EC between 1.6-1.8 is fine for this hungry hybrid at this point of strong flower production.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I weighed up the last harvest from the 315 tent. best gram per watt I've had yet!
blue dream got 140
Critical Mass got 136
one MalPan got 141
And one MalPan came in at 254!
For a grand total of 671 from 315 watts!
2.13 grams per watt! All from a 3x3
Phillips 3100k bulb, sunsystems hood, remote ballast by prism lighting Science

395 grams from just 2 phenos of MalPan

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's a great score CannaRed :trampoline: I'm sure the quality of the Malawi x Panamas will be on par with the high yield.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The EC is typically between 1.6-1.8. Unsure of the pH, when I've done the Jacks combo in the past it usually balances out at about 6.0-6.2.
I'll drop the EC though in these final weeks, maybe keep them closer to 1.2? Is that what you'd recommend?

The other issue is the pot size. These were born and went into flower in 4-inch qt. pots. I didn't have the space to up-pot these this time. When I run them in the future, I'll give them plenty more room.

I think that weight you pulled from such small pots makes me change my way of thinking.