What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
:) Beautiful purple ErdPurt @moofingaround Highly inbred (almost) pure indicas like ErdPurt are mid-low yielders. Flowers are dense and resinous, medium sized, rounder and more separate from each other than in hybrids or more sativa leaning plants, which are more vigorous, better yielding and tend to make longer colas.

Afghanis like ErdPurt are usually more susceptible against botrytis and powder mildew than other cannabis strains, and although ErdPurt was bred a few generations in cold and wet Northern Europe climate, genetics still performs best in dry environment during flowering like most pure Afghans do.

Please, share some pics of the whole plant if you have the chance.

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
although ErdPurt was bred a few generations in cold and wet Northern Europe climate
My EP Stock is from Esbe. Got them in 2011. Used to have one green/reddish pheno that was the most fragrant herb I had. People on the street were turning their heads when I used it and asked what it was. That never happend to me with any other herb. This strain has something about it. It gives a real nice vibe. Since when does Ace work with the Erdpurt?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your experience with ErdPurt @Fibber_Magees :) some expressions can really stink.
I grew ErdPurt for the first time around 2006 iirc, and started breeding with it a couple of years later and non stop since then.

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
I hope @esbe will be around more often here on icmag @dubi

This is the lovely fragrant pheno I had in 2011. It brought so much happiness

1695104702573.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Is there any percent of high thc / low cbd ,to be found.
Yes, they are, take a look to the first cannabinoid analysis posted in the strain description of our website:

Vallen

I am glad to find a breeder giving so much information about the strains they sell. Dubi, do you have updated photos of the EP parents you are working with? Would be curious to see them. Also, thanks for answering my emails.

I have 10 seeds i just ordered on the way. I am excited to be growing this strain for many reasons. First are those pink pistils. Many years ago i had a "Skunk Red Hair" and just feel in love with the look of it. Second, is the 1:1 ratio of thc:cbd. Want the high, but also hoping it has some good anti-inflammatory effects. With the purple pheno having the higher cbd, i may keep it around for that.

Are there certain physical traits of a male plant to look for that would give it more likelihood to give daughters the pink pistils? Ya, i know i could just feminize a pink female, and may do that, but would rather not.

One last thing. I know this plant is mainly meant for outdoors. I am an indoor hydro grower. So i will let you know how it does. Years ago i grew many different commercial weed seeds in hydro with no issues. That was before all the tents and LEDs available now. So hopefully it goes well. I will keep you updated.

goingrey

Thanks for giving a try to ErdPurt @goingrey please keep us updated!
No thank you dubi for offering all these interesting genetics to the general public.

Not much to update on the ErdPurt. Out of curiosity I have been putting her cold resistance to the test with a couple weeks of about 7c temps (above the plants, possibly even colder below). Stayed alive but was badly stunted and nothing really happened. Perking up a bit now that the temperature is up to about 12c. But next week they might fall again hehe. We'll see.

E.JPG

And before anyone gets upset no I don't recommend growing with such cool temps it's just something I'm doing for fun.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I am glad to find a breeder giving so much information about the strains they sell. Dubi, do you have updated photos of the EP parents you are working with? Would be curious to see them. Also, thanks for answering my emails.

I have 10 seeds i just ordered on the way. I am excited to be growing this strain for many reasons. First are those pink pistils. Many years ago i had a "Skunk Red Hair" and just feel in love with the look of it. Second, is the 1:1 ratio of thc:cbd. Want the high, but also hoping it has some good anti-inflammatory effects. With the purple pheno having the higher cbd, i may keep it around for that.

Are there certain physical traits of a male plant to look for that would give it more likelihood to give daughters the pink pistils? Ya, i know i could just feminize a pink female, and may do that, but would rather not.

One last thing. I know this plant is mainly meant for outdoors. I am an indoor hydro grower. So i will let you know how it does. Years ago i grew many different commercial weed seeds in hydro with no issues. That was before all the tents and LEDs available now. So hopefully it goes well. I will keep you updated.

Welcome to ICMag @Vallen :) thanks for your kind words and support.

That's an interesting question. I don't think you can easily breed for pink pistils by selecting males (unless progeny tested), since in my experience it is not an observable trait in males.

A better-easiest-faster way to do it (as you mention) would be to inter breed females by feminize breeding which clearly show the trait. Other ACE strains that more or less frequently produce pink pistils are Panama and Pakistan Chitral Kush and (their hybrids).

Pink (or red, fuchsia) pistil trait can also be frequently found in American sativa landraces such as Colombian (Punto Rojo), Panama Red, some Mexicans, Peruvians, etc ... in domesticated indica genepool from Central Asia (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kashmir and nearby countries) and also in some North Indian sativas.

Curious to learn how ErdPurt will perform in hydro :yes: please keep us updated!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
No thank you dubi for offering all these interesting genetics to the general public.

Not much to update on the ErdPurt. Out of curiosity I have been putting her cold resistance to the test with a couple weeks of about 7c temps (above the plants, possibly even colder below). Stayed alive but was badly stunted and nothing really happened. Perking up a bit now that the temperature is up to about 12c. But next week they might fall again hehe. We'll see.

View attachment 18948147

And before anyone gets upset no I don't recommend growing with such cool temps it's just something I'm doing for fun.

Hi @goingrey ErdPurt grows much faster under warm-hot temps (like all cannabis genetics).

In case of cloning ErdPurt, high temps are very important factor to be able to reveg ErdPurts or to clone more successfully ErdPurt plants that try to reveg in the mother room. On the other hand, cold temps activate her semi autoflowering tendencies, and prevents proper revegging.

In your case from seed, i would try to provide warm temps since the beginning to maximize growth, since being an inbred indica, ErdPurt doesn't have an explosive growth like sativas or hybrids do.

goingrey

Hi @goingrey ErdPurt grows much faster under warm-hot temps (like all cannabis genetics).

In case of cloning ErdPurt, high temps are very important factor to be able to reveg ErdPurts or to clone more successfully ErdPurt plants that try to reveg in the mother room. On the other hand, cold temps activate her semi autoflowering tendencies, and prevents proper revegging.

In your case from seed, i would try to provide warm temps since the beginning to maximize growth, since being an inbred indica, ErdPurt doesn't have an explosive growth like sativas or hybrids do.
Yeah that's good advice, most probably I will do a warm temperature ErdPurt grow some other time. Now I'm trying a couple of different strains to see how they handle the cold. ErdPurt is doing quite well in my opinion, especially now with about 12c temps.

E.JPG

goingrey

I did give a nice dose of grow last watering (when I took that pic) but the color of the newer leaves is fine IMO, white balance is a bit off in the photo from the growlight. The older leaves have that strange yellowing especially in the middle of the leaf but it was a reaction to the 6c temps. It's interesting I haven't seen such a "middle of the leaf" reaction before. Overall she has recovered nicely now that it's been warmer but they are predicting it will get colder again, doh, will see what happens.