What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best grow tent UK

M

MagusMan

Sup Icmag I am looking for a 1m x 1m grow tent in the uk budget is around £150

any ideas on light proof tent

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
there are tons out there and ive only used a few diff ones but 'bud box' are very good, strong quality zips and so on, they do different heights too.

GGNo2

I've always used secret jardin tents. They do tend to get the pin holes after a couple of years but you should be able to pick one up in the size you want somewhere around the £100 mark

HalfArsedFarmer

Make sure you go and look at a tent in a shop.
Over the years I've purchased tents unseen and they have had little issues like doors not blocking out 100% light and other little things.

I stood inside the last tent I bought in the shop to check light leaks!

Blazeee

Veteran
Greenqube, Hydrolab and Budbox's are the best tents out there. I have used them all and would recommend each one. You should atleast be able to find one of these brand tents in your local grow shop.

Just make sure to check online first to check where all ventilation holes are on the tent before you buy along with the sizes of them.

M

MagusMan

Blazeee i like the look of the hydrolab lighthouse max 1mt x 1mt x 2mt

M

MagusMan

i made a mistake i was looking for hydrolab and picked hydrogarden big mistake there garbage
light leaks from every zip and dented corner i had too hammer it out took 2mins but not the point.for £130 i no its cheap but will do a turn i suppose for this grow.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Why are tents so noisy. It's not just the poles that are never dampened with a little expanding foam. It's the clunky zips, and the velcro you have to half cover in gaffer because there's too much. But even when you have it up, and have decided fastening it is just to noisy, the material itself is like Rolf Harris and his wobble board. I just ran the slowest bath ever, to give myself time to drop one without the neighbours hearing (it's a flat, and you hear birds on the roof). A friends neighbours have also commented, which we think is zips. But we stand them on rubber workshop tiles and carpet them.

There is a good case for thin cheap tents, where the noise of a thick one is just too much.

I have some early budbox tents in white not mylar. They're really quite supple. Heavy, but not stiff enough for Rolf to get involved

HalfArsedFarmer

They're noisy things alright.
They have a place & I've used them in the past & will used one again in the future no doubt, but where you can build a room, build a room.

M

MagusMan

i bought a 3x3 lighthouse max. proper light leak from every zip and through holes on stitching
various parts of tent.avoid these tents it was advertised at £170 i got it on sale at £130
utter garbage so i need new tent.plus it only has 1 x extraction vent on top right of tent.
i will put pics up later...

Blazeee

Veteran
Are any of these UK tents odour proof?

As long as your extraction is set up properly and you are filtering the air out with a carbon filter you should be fine. Just make sure all connections on your ducting are secured properly and you shouldnt have any issues with smell leaking. Never try to grow in the tent without a fan + filter, also make sure you size them up correctly and using thee correct sized filter for your fan depending on how much air your fan can move.

Obviously the smell will escape once you open the tent but not much you can do about that. other than to close the door on the the room that your tent is in when you open it, to contain the smell to the room.

I occasionally get the odd whiff near the end of flower, but thats down to the filter + fan not due to the tent. I think if your rooms also too humid then it can affect how well the filter works, more humidity = slight smell leakage.

As i posted earlier, just get a good tent, greenqube, budbox or hydro lab and you wont go wrong, depending which part of the country you are in you should find one of these for sale at your local shop.

R

Rab.C

i bought a lighthouse max 3 x 3 but they light leak bad.(maybe why there called lighthouse)
if your room is dark then it shouldnt be a problem.best tent i have seen is a homebox evolution cracking tents

G

Why are tents so noisy. It's not just the poles that are never dampened with a little expanding foam. It's the clunky zips, and the velcro you have to half cover in gaffer because there's too much. But even when you have it up, and have decided fastening it is just to noisy, the material itself is like Rolf Harris and his wobble board. I just ran the slowest bath ever, to give myself time to drop one without the neighbours hearing (it's a flat, and you hear birds on the roof). A friends neighbours have also commented, which we think is zips. But we stand them on rubber workshop tiles and carpet them.

There is a good case for thin cheap tents, where the noise of a thick one is just too much.

I have some early budbox tents in white not mylar. They're really quite supple. Heavy, but not stiff enough for Rolf to get involved

Honestly if your growing like that with neighbors that can hear that much your being foolish and if you get caught dont be surprised. I hate to see anyone caught with an illegal grow but you have to know when to say when.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Avoid any Chinese made tents,,
They can off gas and cause no end of problems,
Stick with the tried and tested tents,,
All the best,, 944s2

Latest posts

Latest posts