What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

switching light halfway through flower?

happd

I am around 4.5 weeks into flowering with a mars led. I have a quantum board arriving this week and am wondering if the switch will stress the plant. The mars is working better than expected but can't help but wonder what the qb will do.

Attachments

• IMG_20190120_162247_01.jpg
    IMG_20190120_162247_01.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 23

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Good point green-genes77. Though you're going from LED to LED, there will be spectral and intensity differences. Most of my changes have been from flouro to HID, and I keep the light a long distance away. I've usually spent 3 days bringing the light or plant closer, you can probably do it with less time LED to LED. :)

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Hi happd :tiphat:

I often switch from flowering in af 0,8 x 0,8 meter to a 1 x 1 meter.
The light is different in the two tents.
Smallest tent is a viparspectra. The other tent have a bigger Mars.

Girls doesnt seem to notice - I guess they grow a bit more under the stronger Mars :woohoo:

Keep us informed :)

P :smoke:

Wendull C.

Veteran
I always switch from a blue spectrum to a red after 2 to 3 weeks depending on how lanky the strain is. It really helps og kush keep the internodes close enough to grow baseball bats. I have never hit over 2 per light on og or chems without that trick.

Some people like to switch the first day of flower. They think it makes the plant transition faster.

I have never seen stress from either practice.

happd

Thanks everyone. Going from mars reflector 480 to a Alibaba 240qb. Will let everyone know how it goes

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Awesome, good to know it's easier on the plant with LED's. Fried a couple plants over the years, switching too quickly from fluoro to HID. hehehe

positivity

Veteran
cough cough bullsh@t

carry on

*you can early veg with HID, and even germinate, no problem. It's just a waste of such stupendous wonderful light. The plants wll grow beastly quickly though

hehehe (excuse the snarky hehe, just to make a point)

:)

Last edited:

Dankwolf

I would not stress it . spectrum changes are no real issue to be concerned with . as far as intensity / par . I fought there will be a issue if you follow manufacture specs at least to start .