What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4x1000k hps vs 7x600s?

They say 600s are more effecient less heat ect. My new grow room is going for 4k lights... Is it really worth the investment for 3 more lights? Will i get any real benefits from the extra 3 lights for an extra 200watts? And little more efficiency?

eebbnflow

personally I like 1000s . In this case bigger is better IMO . Bigger buds more penatration .
With 600s you’ll be replacing 7 bulbs instead of 4 .

The Phillips brand 600w hps bulbs are 90$ in the Toronto area vs 40-50$ buying 1000s by the case . That’s just my 2 cents

Cost is not the issue in my case . I just preferred 1000s after using both 600 and 1000s together I swapped out the 600 for 1000s

personally I like 1000s . In this case bigger is better IMO . Bigger buds more penatration .
With 600s you’ll be replacing 7 bulbs instead of 4 .

The Phillips brand 600w hps bulbs are 90$ in the Toronto area vs 40-50$ buying 1000s by the case . That’s just my 2 cents

Cost is not the issue in my case . I just preferred 1000s after using both 600 and 1000s together I swapped out the 600 for 1000s

That was what i was thinking also.. Cooling isnt an issue i have 2x 12k btu window a\cs that should beable to cover 4 1ks wing reflector.

Dankwolf

That was what i was thinking also.. Cooling isnt an issue i have 2x 12k btu window a\cs that should beable to cover 4 1ks wing reflector.

Weather 600 or 1000 is better is. About penetration . how big are plant going to be ?

I personally would take the 600 over the 1000 any day . better spread of light . ie more coverage

Unless you are going to be going 3ft + plants there is no need for 1k . and why would you want a long veg , time is,money and with the 600s there is no resin to have long veg .

600s for sue :tiphat:

Put those 4k on a light mover. That would be awesome!:woohoo:

Light mover will be nxt grow. This grow is just to get me and a few patients by. I liked my 1st grow [personal] with my 1x600. But needed to expand. If i went 600s id need up to 7 to cover similar light print and not sure if itd be worth it. Room is 16x9. So i figured i could run 2 rows of 9 plants... As far as light pen 1ks should have more than enough power to penetrate specially how i like to groow and train plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts