What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Groffice

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Have built MANY of my boats from shell and stringers. Also do my own repairs. Keep a bottle of vinegar in shower for just that reason

Vinegar, why?

I always start with a cold shower, to make the skin contract. Raising the hairs and fibers, from the skin and make em easyer to rinse off.

Today have gone with preping for the next layer, sanding down the edges of the glass strips and uneven lumps of glass "web" caught in the first layer of polyester.

Getting into all the corners, took a lot longer then expected.
But this is an important step, to get it watertight and end up with a smoother surface.

Now I just need to vacuum clean and wipe it down, and it's ready for the next layer of polyester.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
2nd layer

2nd layer

After cleaning out the dust from yesterdays sanding, I cut a few strips of glass to reinforce the bottom.
As the bottom is 3 sheet's of plywood, I figured id better lay a few layers of glass on the seems.

And put in a extra layer of glass, to reinforce the corners where the front plate and res devider meets.
Had a small strip of cut off glass, that fitted perfect and better safe then sorry.

Now I just have to wait for it to cure, then sanding a bit, cleaning and then the rest should just be top coatings of polyester.
No more glass work for now!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Last layer before assembling

Last layer before assembling

Finaly done waterproofing the reservoir (I hope)

Put in the last layer of polyester coating for now, before I mount the top parts of the reservoir.
That will be screwed in place, giving it the last bit of stability, tho I don't douth they are strong enough to hold water already.

Sides, edges and corners ,got 6 layers of polyester.
The bottom, got 5 coatings.
Underside of lit got 3 coatings, mainly got to be splash proof.

While I am building the res, playing around with fiberglass high on polyester fumes. I am spending the nights, ordering the little parts on Ebay.

Irrigation fittings, drip hose, electronic timers, wire clips and what not. Stuff I won't need right now, but along the build.
Saving money where I can, and as I have planed everything out fairly well. I know what I will be needing, ordering a head and the shipping time shouldn't matter.

Like these timers are only 1/3 of the price on e-bay, with free shipping. Compared to buying it localy, I simply can't afford not to save 2/3, on as many things as I can.

Tomorrow or maybe later tonight, I will be putting the rest of the reservoirs together. Then I need to do a water test, to see if it's as water tight as I hope it to be. :biggrin:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
First part of the build is the reservoir

It's made from 12 and 15 mm plywood, with 25 mm of insulation in the bottom.

20 mm Styrofoam
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79027&pictureid=1912123]View Image[/url]

5 mm foam with alu IR reflector
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79027&pictureid=1912124]View Image[/url]

This should provide some insulation from the cold concreat floor, otherwise heating the large flat reservoirs.
Would be a big cost, and something I would need to do most of the year.
More insulation would have been better, but I have limited height given I wanna stack 3 grows in the remaining space.

Cutting plywood for the reservoir
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79027&pictureid=1912341]View Image[/url]

Welcome to HighKEA
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79027&pictureid=1912482]View Image[/url]

Bottom sheets, front, back, side and middle pannels.

Predrilled everything with a 3mm drill, before screwing everything together. Working in a narrow space, when building a box you want to go from wall to wall. And screwed together, well enough to hold water, plants and at least parts of a large cabinet ontop.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79027&pictureid=1912125]View Image[/url]

12 mm Bottom sheet, it was supposed to be 15 mm.
But some stoner idiot got lost in the workshop, cut the wrong sheet up. (me)
The 12 mm, was for the back and side panels. That is supported by the walls, and mainly just to make it easyer to break down.
If we deside to sell the house, some time in the future.

I am anyway gonna polyester coat it, so i'll just throw in a little glass as well.
Then it will be strong enough, even if the bottom bends a little over time.

Just the guy I've been looking for!!!!! I need you in my basement fixing it up to start growing. I'm getting older and like to hire somebody to do things. And next to building chicken pins that's about were my building stops......lol......really all joking aside, nice work man. I'm gonna have to roll up my sleeves and get into my basement job so I can get started in Feb sometime:tiphat:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Just the guy I've been looking for!!!!! I need you in my basement fixing it up to start growing. I'm getting older and like to hire somebody to do things. And next to building chicken pins that's about were my building stops......lol......really all joking aside, nice work man. I'm gonna have to roll up my sleeves and get into my basement job so I can get started in Feb sometime:tiphat:

Have fun mate, sounds like you got a borring job a head of you.
Before you can get to the fun part, but hey what can I say.
Besides im not doing it for ya, way to busy here :biggrin:

Better get started, Feb is right around the corner

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Got the top parts of the reservoirs in place, pre-drilled holes for the screws and cleaned up a bit.

Put in a seam, covering the screw holes. Pressed the top sheets in place, after sanding a few edges clean of polyester runnings.

Last I mounted the two cut out's, on a sheet of plywood.
To make a access hatch, to the two reservoirs for daily messurements.

Next will be more frame work, and I have to make the fake bottom/lit's to cover the rest of the reservoirs.
I won't be able to just make one big sheet, as I don't think I will be able to get them in and out of the cabinets.
Due to the middle support beam, so gonna make it in 2 parts, that will interlock on the middle.

Should be lot's of "fun"

Palindrome

King of Schwag
More frame work

More frame work

Got on with the frame, for the 6 cabinets and it's starting to take shape. But still a long way to go, and more materials to buy.

I have to go to IKEA, not that I feel like it.
But it's too much hazzel, making the doors and mounting hindges. Compared to just buying, white cupboard doors.

Moved the power outlet as well, I might have to move it again. So I haven't mounted it to the wall, besides with a few wire clips.
Later I will connect the other end of the wire, to the "grow" breaker in my power panel.
Seperating the grow, from the breakers used in the house and rest of the garage.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Moved on to make the lits, after I droped something into the res. Now I have my first fix ... ffs im not even halfway done LOL

What the hell, the lits and bottom sheets for the shelves will all need polyester coating as well. So it's not like I am done messing around with that, just sucks to break something I just finished.

Easy access for cleaning, just flip the bottoms up after harvest.
Once coated, they will hold plants for many many years.

Now it's time for a fat joint and a ice cold beer!

Cheers everyone!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Nice clean work Palindrome. I love the use of space.

If this works out in reality, as I have worked it out in my head. I should be able to more then double my yealds, on the floor space used.

The total structure, takes up 22 sq feet of floor space.
Where I to estimate my yealds with HPS, on the same sq ft floor area.
I would hang a 400W in each side, as it's not a 22ft light grit. And multiply with 0.8, as a avarage gpw.

This way I estimate I'll have 45 sq ft light grit, along with min 2" space for air circulation, all around the plants and canopy(s).
With 2 ft of head space, there shouldn't be need for that deep a pennetration. To form a solid frosty canopy, with some dence and tasty looking nugs.

It's a gamble I guess, but from the test I have done with the cheap china LED strips. I have been getting the same yealds as HPS, and tho the buds are smaller and maybe not as "impressive" looking as the HPS buds. A gram of the LED grown weed, will get me just as stoned as a gram of my HPS weed.
And once I have grinded up my weed, I can no longer tell the difference.

I keep reading and seeping pictures, from ppl getting 1.2-1.7 gpw with the Samsumg LED chips. But at this point, I don't even care that much. Even if I will only get the same gpw, as I do with HPS.
Im able to minimum double, maybe triple my grow area.

packerfan79

Veteran
If this works out in reality, as I have worked it out in my head. I should be able to more then double my yealds, on the floor space used.

The total structure, takes up 22 sq feet of floor space.
Where I to estimate my yealds with HPS, on the same sq ft floor area.
I would hang a 400W in each side, as it's not a 22ft light grit. And multiply with 0.8, as a avarage gpw.

This way I estimate I'll have 45 sq ft light grit, along with min 2" space for air circulation, all around the plants and canopy(s).
With 2 ft of head space, there shouldn't be need for that deep a pennetration. To form a solid frosty canopy, with some dence and tasty looking nugs.

It's a gamble I guess, but from the test I have done with the cheap china LED strips. I have been getting the same yealds as HPS, and tho the buds are smaller and maybe not as "impressive" looking as the HPS buds. A gram of the LED grown weed, will get me just as stoned as a gram of my HPS weed.
And once I have grinded up my weed, I can no longer tell the difference.

I keep reading and seeping pictures, from ppl getting 1.2-1.7 gpw with the Samsumg LED chips. But at this point, I don't even care that much. Even if I will only get the same gpw, as I do with HPS.
Im able to minimum double, maybe triple my grow area.

I can attest the Samsung strips produce excellent results. I got 9 ounces out of 197 watts. Bud was excellent. I think I can hit 12 ounces with a good yielding Clone only run. This run got to tall and had to ba tied down severely.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Went to one of my favorite places, the Church of S'weed'en, home of shitty and cheap furniture - IKEA!

Ikea is good for cheap cupboard doors, I find it hard to make them cheaper myself.

But turned out, the hinges wasn't cheap at all.
As the cheap hinges didn't fit the cheap cupboard doors, I guess they have to make their money some where.

Sorry IKEA, you got nothing on me.
Came to think about it, the misses have been wanting me to redo our bathroom.
Personal I don't really see the reason, to me it looks nice and not worn down.

First step in the redo, tomorrow while the misses is at work.
Turn the cupboards into shelves, and salvage 8 set's of hinges.
I'll leave the door's under the sink, covering drain pipes and stuff.
I had one set extra hinges at home, so in the end I'll now only need to pick up one set of hinges.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Started to fit the cupboard doors, onto the frame.

I'll go more into detail later, right now I kinda just wanna fit 6 doors in one side. Then add some pandafilm on the side, as I have a harvest and no place to dry my weed.

Maybe I should have started with building the drying closet, but my focus at the time was elsewhere.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Got the last doors in the right-side closet mounted, took a bit of time to get it done. Everything is custom fitted and mirrored in the other side, so it all lines up and is level.

The hinges are mounted on a strip of 15mm plywood, fitted and screwed in place into the frame.

Had to cut a few corners, to get the hinges to fit.
This took a fair amount of time, as I wanted to get it right.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Personal I think it came out pretty nice on this side, everything lines up and all the door's open and closes pretty perfect.

Still need alot of work, but right now I have a harvest to take care of.
So the build is on hold for now, but harvesting is important too. :huggg:

Yes it looks like I build a morgue :biggrin:

How about Mad Mortician Seeds ???

We'll have strains like:
The Vaping Dead
John Doe's Killer Skunk
Dead Jimmys Haze

Thanks you all for all your comments, K+ and PM's.
:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts