What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone here familiar with Santa Barbara, California?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, I made it. I am officially a resident of the State of California. Bought a condo in the Coachella Valley. Wow! Fucking paradise. Beautiful sunshine every fucking day. Beautiful women wearing as little as the law allows. More restaurants, shopping, bars and entertainment than I'll ever get to discover if I live 100 years. Fucking love it here.

The pot in the dispensaries really sux. I brought some of my pot with me from Ohio but it ran out the first month so I had to start buying commercial pot. These people are idiots and have no clue about cannabis. Not a chemist or a biologist in the whole group. I have been in 10 different dispensaries and nobody in any of them ever even HEARD OF Sam the Skunkman or the Haze bros. They have no idea about their heritage or their roots. LOL The worst part is that they don't cure any of it. According to the dates on the packages, they dry it in about 2 or 3 days and then, bang, into the package. No curing at all. That's why it all tastes like straw. As soon as I bought a place, I put some seeds in dirt. LOL I am harvesting tomorrow so in a week or so, I can start testing my own stuff. Here are a couple pics....

Well, it's awesome to be here living my dream come true. Just thought I would pop in and say hello and thanks to everyone who helped me decide where I was going.

Peace,
Ringo

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Sounds great, except the weed part.. but looks like you can handle that pretty easy..

St. Phatty

I would much rather live in the mountains than on the beach but the Winters in the mountains are exactly why I am leaving Ohio. Fucking hate cold, rain and snow. I looked at the mountains East of Santa Barabra and they were totally beautiful. However, the fucking Winters are worse than they are here. LOL

Once again, thanks. :)

Well at least you don't have to deal much with forest fires.

Are many people pursuing Alternatives for Air conditioning ?

e.g. when they run pipes deep enough in the ground, blow air through them, use that as the cool air for the People space.

Sort of like living in Arizona or Texas, people depend on the AC.

Is there anything like a Sawyer Camp Trail there ? That's a SMOOTH SURFACE paved trail in the valley between 280 and the Santa Cruz mountains. It used to be 6 miles one way.
They don't discourage skate-boarders, they encourage it.

Anyway very good for Roller Skating AT SPEED, which I highly recommend, subject to certain caveats.

If they don't have a trail where Old AND Young people can get some Healthy Road Rash ... if you build it they will come. :bow:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hey, glad to hear from you Mr. Ringodoggie! Good to hear that you found your way to Cali, although the high desert is a fer piece from the beach and the waves.

Wishing you the best out there.

brickweeder

Congrats on your move! Coachella Valley has some pretty cool thunderstorms and crazy lightening, but the dust storms are not so cool. But gotta take the bad with the good. If you ever land in Blythe, hit up Rebel bbq.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, Sunday I am headed back to why oh why Ohio to sell my condo and get my ass back here to the desert. I don't want to miss a single day here but I need to get my shit and close my life in why oh why Ohio.

I was going to take I-70 but fucking snow and storms and shit made me figure I would try the Southern route. I-10 to Phoenix then I-17 to Flagstaff to I-40 and home. They have some fire watches around Albuquerque but nothing like the snow up North.

See you guys in a few days.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am a fucking machine. I drove non-stop for 35 hours. LMAO Being manic has it's advantages. LOL Got in about midnight (3AM Ohio time) and fucking CRASHED. 70 years old is too fucking old to do shit like this. LOL

The ride was actually awesome until the last 6 or 8 hours. Everyone after Oklahome City drove like a total fucking asshole. Fucking St. Louis was under construction everywhere and Indianapolis was a fucking nightmare with a 2 fucking hour detour in rush fucking traffic just right after it got dark. The last 3 hours, I was splashing bottled water on my face and driving with my head out the window. LMAO Thank you, God for getting me through that one. LOL

Totally sux being back in why oh why Ohio. Hoping to sell my condo, pack, get divorced and be back in Palm Desert by the 4th of July. LMAO

woolybear

Veteran
I have a good 25 years or so to catch up with you, grats on escaping Ohio. Also, the perspective on cost of living is interesting.

Latest posts

Latest posts