What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethos Genetics Thoughts

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my Inzanes went full herm. Tossed it. Hopefully it didn’t fuck up the entire grow. Stay tuned.

gmanwho

Veteran
One of my Inzanes went full herm. Tossed it. Hopefully it didn’t fuck up the entire grow. Stay tuned.

thats not good. sorry to hear. how many from seed going?? others stable? full on open umbrellas?

for what its worth the 6 i ran where stable. selected one. what a smell taste an high the durban adds to the glue. i enjoy it. thought about getting another pack or 2.

sshz

That sucks.....how deep into flowering were you. I'm guessing week 3-4, where it usually happens. I was lucky, did 24 of them. Found a few seeds at the end, but nothing unreasonable.

On a different front, I started 10 of their 10th Planet R1's. 5 were mutants, they sprouted but barely grew and what did was strangely shaped and runt formed. I saved 4 of the better ones, which are in their 2nd week of veg.

I'm pretty much done with Ethos now- a few disappointing grows i.e. Member Berry and Apex. Both's quality was average, Apex yields convinced me they are full of shit. Beast mode (their words) produced 3 lbs. total- and I always get at least 4 lbs. on my grows. For $100 a pack, dealing with hermies and runts- and simple lies about THC % levels, final weights, and flavor/taste profiles- I'm done with them.

provolo

Veteran
my two ethos mandarine jack 2 week before harvest time
the big one

picture.php

2 the little one
picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
That sucks.....how deep into flowering were you. I'm guessing week 3-4, where it usually happens. I was lucky, did 24 of them. Found a few seeds at the end, but nothing unreasonable.

On a different front, I started 10 of their 10th Planet R1's. 5 were mutants, they sprouted but barely grew and what did was strangely shaped and runt formed. I saved 4 of the better ones, which are in their 2nd week of veg.

I'm pretty much done with Ethos now- a few disappointing grows i.e. Member Berry and Apex. Both's quality was average, Apex yields convinced me they are full of shit. Beast mode (their words) produced 3 lbs. total- and I always get at least 4 lbs. on my grows. For $100 a pack, dealing with hermies and runts- and simple lies about THC % levels, final weights, and flavor/taste profiles- I'm done with them.

I tried to tell you he was full of shit. Way to many better breeders or chuckers out there to put up with his BS

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Lol there's so many nowadays. The old cannabis seed companies have about 500 breeders coming knocking. Like many know I was off the forums and not growing for nearly a decade. So from around 2009-2017 roughly. I'm trying a few strains from Cannarodo, and several other new breeders. There's a lack of information about alot of newer breeders. I dunno if some would benefit from a subforum, or if there not targeting icmag members as customers.....which is sad if they are. But these US breeders need to understand alot of the older crowd don't have Instagram and there missing out. I was thinking of trying Ethos, but those thc% made me weery.

sshz

Actually, there's not. Most breeders have aligned themselves with 1 (or more) pot forum sites and have on-going threads there. You just need to know where to look. Today I stick with American companies, as I think the breeding stock is fresher and more up to date. The old European stuff, i.e. Sensi, Green House, ******s, tons of others- all their stuff seems similar, from a tired breeding stock that has degenerated over the years.

scrogrow

Hi everyone

Greetings from the UK

Having been on the gram for a while I've become quite aware of the ethos gear and managed to get the gorilla glue s1 and some hulk angry

Will be doing a diary soon

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Lol there's so many nowadays. The old cannabis seed companies have about 500 breeders coming knocking. Like many know I was off the forums and not growing for nearly a decade. So from around 2009-2017 roughly. I'm trying a few strains from Cannarodo, and several other new breeders. There's a lack of information about alot of newer breeders. I dunno if some would benefit from a subforum, or if there not targeting icmag members as customers.....which is sad if they are. But these US breeders need to understand alot of the older crowd don't have Instagram and there missing out. I was thinking of trying Ethos, but those thc% made me weery.

Actually, there's not. Most breeders have aligned themselves with 1 (or more) pot forum sites and have on-going threads there. You just need to know where to look. Today I stick with American companies, as I think the breeding stock is fresher and more up to date. The old European stuff, i.e. Sensi, Green House, ******s, tons of others- all their stuff seems similar, from a tired breeding stock that has degenerated over the years.

Really what it's turning into, is an Instagram based clientele. So that's who they market too. Which in the end is mostly kids or people that are attracted to fancy packages and names.

I still run his Crescendo, and will. It's a killer plant. But on that note, another cut came with the one I have. The other cut, made huge buds, half ounce cola's easy. But it was super fruity smell and taste. So for a Chem/OG lover like me. If I were to have bought the seeds, and only got those fruit type pheno's, I would be kinda upset. I don't put much faith in test numbers anymore. Those are only useful to shut up ignorant people that think that number is all that matters. Give them a test result of a cut you have that is super high, and they shut right up, lol.

scrogrow

Really what it's turning into, is an Instagram based clientele. So that's who they market too. Which in the end is mostly kids or people that are attracted to fancy packages and names.

I still run his Crescendo, and will. It's a killer plant. But on that note, another cut came with the one I have. The other cut, made huge buds, half ounce cola's easy. But it was super fruity smell and taste. So for a Chem/OG lover like me. If I were to have bought the seeds, and only got those fruit type pheno's, I would be kinda upset. I don't put much faith in test numbers anymore. Those are only useful to shut up ignorant people that think that number is all that matters. Give them a test result of a cut you have that is super high, and they shut right up, lol.

Unfortunately the game does seem rigged with the latest trend of "paid to inflate test results" being rampent as claims on the net

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I'm not really up on instagram, I got on and looked at Karma and a few others. I pretty much know what to get and who from, I just like to try new things. But sometimes these new strains definitely have a fimilar taste. I have some plants nearing harvest and took a few buds from the bottom of 5 different strains. I was smoking one and I'm like this taste awful lot like OG Raskals old Fire OG....I was looking it must be the Lemon Dizzle i had I figure....SLH x Wi-Fi, I think Wi-Fi is Fire OG x The White or something. But I definitely got that Fire OG taste like the Fire OG x BB I ran of Raskals over a decade ago. Most stuff I can tell Brazilian, Indian, Affi, OG, as most thats grew for awhile can too. Or some of the Sativas like C99, Apollo, SSH, Amnesia there pretty easy to tell what your smoking or at least some of the crosses. I'll admit I'm suspect on these thc%, or have they changed the way it's tested, thus giving those 35%thc claims. I never knew of anything North or 22-25%. Id just like to see more online grow threads from newer breeders.

LostTribe

Premium user
This Ethos Colorado Chem Rbx3 is taking forever and a day to root. Had hollow stems so the first few tries were unsuccessful, so I am trying again in grow plugs. Really hope this roots I sampled some of this in CO and it was fantastic with a very fuel oriented experience.

CO Chem Rbx3 {(Chem 4 x Chem 91) x Chem D x i95} x Gorilla Glue 4

Interesting says now only available at trade shows, but I found them online. Believe they are still available too. I popped 1 more but its showing Mg deficient so I sprayed undersides of leaves with 1 tsp epsom / gal. New growth is looking good.

Best,
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
This Ethos Colorado Chem Rbx3 is taking forever and a day to root. Had hollow stems so the first few tries were unsuccessful, so I am trying again in grow plugs. Really hope this roots I sampled some of this in CO and it was fantastic with a very fuel oriented experience.

CO Chem Rbx3 {(Chem 4 x Chem 91) x Chem D x i95} x Original Glue 4

Interesting says now only available at trade shows, but I found them online. Believe they are still available too. I popped 1 more but its showing Mg deficient so I sprayed undersides of leaves with 1 tsp epsom / gal. New growth is looking good.

Best,
LT

Plug rooted in 12 days 2 days in 5 inch hydroton net pot fat roots showing! Already taking off. Greener nice colorful grinchy green and growth spurt! Also another transplanted from perlite as seedling to hydroton, doing well.

Lifebreather

Veteran
I ran the mandarin cookies. Two packs.

The ones that had a mild orange smell weren't very frosty. One of them would probably be considered a keeper by instagram custy standards.

The one that was frosty had no smell or taste.

One smelled like cilantro, and another smelled exactly like stink bugs.

All of them had really thick and hard stems.

sshz

A decent strain, but one I'd do once and never again. Another one where the potency just doesn't cut the mustard. I'm done with Ethos after 2 years of growing their stuff- too hit and miss with a lot of misses lately.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey brother. I don't care what he names his strains as long as it isn't a Known clone or strain name like Headband without clone being used.
As for Banana hammock, You don't think its misleading to have pictures of bananas in the ad background of a strain that in no way has bananas in it?

Obviously you don't get it. He can name his seeds anything he wants, but it's wrong and misleading to use a know clone only strain name without that strain even being used in it.

As for my naming, last I checked there is no clone called Dog fart or Noisome. But if you must know why I chose the name it's because they are skunk crosses. The dog part comes from Loompas Underdog og and Noisome is because I expected Deathstar x skunk to be extremely putrid.

Agree on naming that points towards Newbtubers on IG. Still hoping for my CO Chem to come out fire. Will update when it's time. Too hot to toss anything in for a bit.

sshz

I thought the Inzane was the best strain I have done from Ethos, that's out of 7 at this point- but those numbers are surely disappointing. But I have wonder about your grow skills, just don't take it personally.