What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

unpolluted landrace strains

G

growhigh1233

doing a recent grow with lots of landrace african seed lines and have been surprised by how many are clearly polluted with indica ..........indica phenos popping up, and strange suspect leaf shapes

thought this could be a list for the lines that by every objective measure are pure landrace

holysmokes seeds Mozambique Poison!!! ..................is the only pure line from this grow

a grow which includes

seeds of africa zam and duran

holysmokes malange gold,...all 3 of these lines are polluted imo

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you been to the areas of question to see what, exactly, is being grown?
Or to the breeders chambers to see how tight is the ship they run?
Pics?

i am just going to list a few african landraces that are most likely pure from a few well reputed breeders

ace
ethiopian
malawi

cannabiogen
ghana
durban

you probably can't go wrong with selections from both of these breeders as they have a high reputation

cannabiogen also offers mangobiche a south american pure landrace from colombia
with a stimulating effect

and ace used to offer guatemala a pure landrace from guatemala but have now discontinued it, i think realgorillaseeds.com still has a few packs in stock and is rumored to be happy in effect

there is also lebanese from ace which can have high cbd phenos

and ouzbekistan from usc which is rumoured to have nice indica effects

hazeman has molokai frost a rare hawaiian you might need to contact him direct to find them his contact info is on his instagram
instagram.com/infinitygenetics

these are a few strains i have thought about working with myself
and even though i haven't described everything perfectly i hope you find something you enjoy on this list

thejact55

I found tropical seeds senegal to be legit. I would trust their zambian also (running this winter).
French touch k1 and mangu carot for some super sativas off the coast of africa.
Ethiopian from ace seemed legit when i ran it. I dont really dig their malawi personally, super worked at minimum. So maybe its not crossed, but far top removed and selected for me to enjoy it as a "landrace" type. Hella frosty though.

Its tough to find good african seeds from banks or breeders.

St. Phatty

I think the press brick mersh, the Mexican compressed Herb with all the seeds, is often an example of Prime Sativa genetics, not always well grown (understatement ?)

IOW, the seeds in 'seedy shit' that you see in San Diego, from Mexico - those seeds represent something good genetics wise.

I grew out 100 once and got one really nice very skunky resiny gooey Sativa.

Does that qualify as land-race ? "Sativa they grow in Mexico for the US market".

Does land-race mean it was native to the area ?

From our side they seem kind of careless but I think they exercise some care when they pick seed mothers. They don't pick the runty ones, they pick the vigorous ones at least.

Carraxe

Veteran
i am just going to list a few african landraces that are most likely pure from a few well reputed breeders

ace
ethiopian
malawi

cannabiogen
ghana
durban

you probably can't go wrong with selections from both of these breeders as they have a high reputation

cannabiogen also offers mangobiche a south american pure landrace from colombia
with a stimulating effect

and ace used to offer guatemala a pure landrace from guatemala but have now discontinued it, i think realgorillaseeds.com still has a few packs in stock and is rumored to be happy in effect

there is also lebanese from ace which can have high cbd phenos

and ouzbekistan from usc which is rumoured to have nice indica effects

hazeman has molokai frost a rare hawaiian you might need to contact him direct to find them his contact info is on his instagram
instagram.com/infinitygenetics

these are a few strains i have thought about working with myself
and even though i haven't described everything perfectly i hope you find something you enjoy on this list

I've planted some of these. Malawi is not a landrace, I've grown it and it is clearly an hybrid. I didn't like it. Ghana is a landrace indeed, and also Durban.

G

growhigh1233

I've planted some of these. Malawi is not a landrace, I've grown it and it is clearly an hybrid. I didn't like it. Ghana is a landrace indeed, and also Durban.

ghana has peaked my fascination...................and for those asking im determining there purity by flowering speed, height, leaf shape,pheno differnce and bud formation

the mozambiq posion stickx out..with freakishly long brances very tall very uniform buds forming uniform, and very slow !

then the zam and durban have short fat leafed fast folowering, taller slow flowering,all phenos diff

im just saying what i say guys take from it what you will !

will try and get pics

ace malawi im doing has very thin leafs and seems pretty uniform..........this is second time of growing it ! the first time was very differnt

grayeyes

The confusion caused by seed sellers is amazing. I recently acquired landrace True Durban Poison with a flowering time of 14 to 16 weeks.
In the dozens of seed sellers I found NOT ONE that actually has this race. EVERY one was selling something hybridized to complete flowering in 8 to 10 weeks.

And THEY ALL SAID IT WAS LANDRACE.

Sorry, but that is the truth.

grayeyes

I have not popped a seed yet. Right now I have some other projects that are going to take my attention. Maybe next summer.

H

hard rain

The confusion caused by seed sellers is amazing. I recently acquired landrace True Durban Poison with a flowering time of 14 to 16 weeks.
In the dozens of seed sellers I found NOT ONE that actually has this race. EVERY one was selling something hybridized to complete flowering in 8 to 10 weeks.

I found the same in a recent search for Thai. Not many people understand what a sativa is, let alone a landrace. Seed makers actually think they are doing the grower a favour by crossing them to dirty indica's. Reduces flowering times but man you lose something in the process.

I am growing Ace's Ethiopian and they are clearly the real thing.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Got pics of the SOA Zamal? Pretty sure pure Reunion would be skinny leafed. Ran Zamadelica and have looked into Gerrits cut and the french touch Mangu Kariot.

grayeyes

Hard Rain,

When I get a few more posts I would like to clue you where to get the 'real' thing. My source let it flower 18 weeks and was grateful his males missed. But I am sure he has seeds.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
If you want landraces you better do some travelling.
Funny how something very hard to sell 10 years ago has this type of hype nowadays.
My main worry is that most of us, tokers, are not ready to deal with those ancient,powerful and trippy highs ;)

W

Water-

CBG and Tropical seeds both have long flowering Durban versions.

Are you saying that they are not legit and what you have is?

what makes yours "real" besides the irrelevant point of how long it flowers for?

Latest posts

Latest posts