What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fire OGK x C99

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Greetings ICMAG

I hope you're doing great out there, growing tasty resin...

Here's a couple shots of some fem Fire99 from Highrise Seeds. Easily some of the best flowers I've had.

Grown under 600w SON-T and a 90w LED, brand is sun-something, can't remember it... Fed Biobizz Grow, Bloom, Alg-A-Mic and TopMax. Yield was about 20-25 g untopped, topped approximately 50-60 g.

They didn't stretch much, only the untopped did flop, plantlet method, tomato cages or topping is probably needed to avoid the flopping from some genotypes.

They were tropical/fruity/pineapple, but also very heavy scented, minty, camphor, eucalyptus, pine, funk, woods, leather, gasoline/petroleum, insence, freshly opened can of tennis balls, elderly men and women perfume/scents/Old Spice and so on, it's very complex and extremely delicious in the vape as both concentrate and flower/bud.

Fire OGK x C99 F3
picture.php

picture.php

Look at those rails.... ❄
picture.php

These are 3 different genotypes.

She did great outdoors as well, as long as no rain hit her, she will absolutely gleam with resin... The one outside was passion fruit, pine, menthol/camphor/eucalyptus, heavy eyelids/frontal lobe. Awesome seeds, not overpriced, highly recommended.

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ah man very nice, I must say a really love the smell of camphor. Toxic as hell but a great smell.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Thank you

Me too, mane, been smelling it too much as a child, as gasoline, ink pens and so on ��

It works wonders on folks who have asthma including mine, it relaxes and dilates the airways almost immediately it seems, I guess it's mostly a terpene/thiol thing, but high cannabinoid might also help.
The last one pictured was very lemon/citron/pineapple - gasoline/camphor/turpentine like, it was like a little flavor fairytale to inhale ��

I didn't mention much of the high; it's really stony as I hoped for with low eyelids, real stress/tension reliever, with a initial exciting head and eyebuzz, even racy effects which is taken over by wanting to chill after 15-30 minutes, great allround effect if you are used to high THC along with CBG, CBD and CBN, I'm just guessing it's there, because it's so relaxing and a good sleep aid too, especially the Fire dom plants.

They were all more or less dense, but broke up perfectly, not rock-hard or anything.

Flowering time were messed up by several things, they must have received at least 73 days 12/12, they were hit with massive light-stress and cold from power outages, I can't recall I saw a male flower, so they also seem to be quite stable genetics.

browntrout

Veteran
Looks good! Any OGK smells? I'm to pick up a pack of the Fire99 x C99Auto as well as a few of the MOB again. All for outdoor.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Hey Riot :wave: this is pretty impressive >>>

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75216&pictureid=1823955

i've a warm heart for C99 things ...peace

Thank you, C99 sure is great, the sweet tropical funk is somewhat addictive, it paired nicely to the Fire, I think, they augment each other, sometimes I'm missing more deep flavor and potency from C99,
and more tropical scents in the Fire, this hybrid solves this very well.

browntrout
Thank you, mane.
I'm not a OGK connoisseur like some others, my references are street Kush, and a couple of different hybrids from seed, but I would say it is a nice mix, there's sweet and tropical types, but they all seem to have more or less menthol, pine, lemon/grape, humulene, forest smells, fuels/gas/petroleum from Fire. The only ones I've had that rival F99 is a Chem DD hybrid, a Yumboldt x Alpha Diesel, SSSDH and Hawaiian Snow.

And the high is much stonier at points than Cindy, heavy eyelids, dry eyes, semi numb face or just a urge to relax facial muscles and body in general, it's medicine alright. A OGK with a tropical, fruity twist and better structure in some.
I will see if I can find more pictures, but I might haven't taken from the chop, if I recall correctly.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Hello again

Here's a couple of Fire99, there were a very lanky/stretchy lady, and a beautiful, sticky and slim Fire OGK genotype, and a mix of both C99 and Fire that leans mostly towards the OGK in scent, and gooeyness (very sticky - like glue), but with Cindy structure, a C99 genotype as well, passion fruit, pineapple, lime/citron/grape with sligth earthy, pine gas tones also.

Gassy lemon forest with a nice structure, topped, the white/grey stuff on the left side on a leaf is probably fabric from my clothes, bit will check up on it
picture.php

C99 pheno - her resin is kind of dry, but still puts a smile of my face and mind every time, just a dank, funky fruitbowl. Sometimes its more rotten fruit than fresh, it changed
picture.php

2 pics of the mixed/hybrid genotype that leans towards Fire.
Gassy, fresh tennisballs, rubber, solvents/dissolvents, mint/camphor/lemon-like freshness, cured meat with the humulene/pinene forest scents.
I cant quite pinpoint every scent, it's so good, this one especially is complex, "deep", kind of masculine, very satisfying and moreish, I get (more) stoned just by smelling her, especially if I just had a session.
And the most sticky along with the recessive Kush/Fire pheno (which looks like a Cookie to me, I've been watching those Cookie hybrids for a while...which isn't pictured this time around, wet and gluey,
The one below is probably the winner for most out there, got the yield - also in resin, not so lanky/spindly/stretchy, but strong branches, wonderful terpenes
picture.php

picture.php

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
You know, popped some Sour Bubble BX3 x raunchy afghani NL to maybe see a male, but all female, what can you do, lol. Cloned all, including the F99, but lost some, and didn't categorize them, I knew I would regret not marking them..., but at least a couple is alive.
Of the SBxNL there were this rather wonderful mix one with ammonia, dank basement, garlic-like maybe, with a slighter sweet lemon bubble backed. Beautiful single cola, very symmetrical and dense, picture>later

This is the Kush genotype, can't get enough of her scents, minty, earthy lemon/pine, wet and greasy resin, leathery foliage. I have a sense of she's very special and worthy of preservation. The mix F99 pheno is also like this, worthy. I really want to keep them around. Just can't have a bunch of reveggin plants for maybe 6 months.
picture.php

picture.php

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
I can't help to speculate that this one is Raskal's Fire pheno. Excuse me if I'm wrong.
It's all mint, lemons, fuel, pine etc. High bract-to-leaf ratio, I'm in love with this lady...
picture.php

This is the recessive Kush pheno. It is like the above with more earthy, but still mint, lemon scent. Her structure is very pleasing to me, all bud more or less, like the Fire pheno
picture.php

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Thank you kindly, Smug_Pepe

They are a blast for the senses. I hope they get to mature wholly or at least somewhat properly, it's a very ghetto grow, without air exhaust or anything but draft from windows.

There's a real lanky stretcher too, some more knowledgeable than I, would maybe call her SFV/Ghost/Triangle Kush dominant, depending on what Raskal used... Pics later

Easy7

Veteran
Why hasn't bodhi worked with c99? Not trying to get off topic. Seems the most respected breeders worked c99 into further generations. Some of those breeders I doubt have a good representation of the original. Then I don't see a lot of c99 worked into crosses. Which is odd because people love her.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
I might be judgemental/prejudice, but Americans or rather the american market, seems to dislike racy, heady sat doms, even though Cindy is a great growing and tasting hybrid that deliver big flowers. Some like it ofc. I think Swampboys have used her, Mosca/Seedbay/Seedboutique have spread some nice Cindy seeds in USA, if I'm not mistaken. And now Bro Grimms have reentered the scene, so she's coming back and getting into peoples consciousness again. The guava, pineapple, passion fruit taste and scent are exquisite, a true uplifting antidepressant.

But the Kushes, afghanis etc dominate, with their full flavors and stony and anxiolytic effects.
Bodhi uses a very nice SSH, which is along the C99 alley, as C99 apparently is a bagseed Jack Herer.

Easy7

Veteran
Some like electric sativa. I think also depends on the medical aspect of people. Mostly it's hard to find north american climate that can grow electric sativas. Not usually cash crop strains. 70 days out is the flowering limit for me.

No real benefit to electric buzz. It's been rare to come by. However very curious and hopeful more electric strains hit the market. It's better than brain dead stone for thinking and social/creative effects.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
I see. The electric buzz can be excellent to alleviate ADD, PTSD, depression and so forth. The THCV seems to be a main component in these effects.

I suppose Haze was "invented" in North America by BOEL etc, so a great sativa heritage/tradition/history there.
Like where it might come from, South American nations and India, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Australia etc.

Here in Europe Hazes and different sat dom hybrids are a major part of the markets. Most heads here have tried SSH, La Niña/Moby Dick/Alaskan Ice/White Widow x Haze, Amnesia and Amnesia Haze, which are two different lines, Grinspoon, Jack H, Hawaiian Snow, Panama Red all exquisite plants, especially Hawaiian Snow and La Niña, the HS reminds me of what went by OGK sometime, very full bodied great taste like "Kush" and instant, but still creeper high/stone. Very recommendable, if you ever see some. Too long floweringtime for you unfortunately.
I want to try a Nevils, NL and Mango Haze...

Lemon mint pledge, gasses/fuels, fresh tennisballs, rotten fruitbowl/warm garbagepiles.
picture.php

Stretch pheno, topped once, she got the best of me, should've topped at least one more time.
Pine, fuels, lemon n all that funk, nice big bracts/calyxes, shovel/teardrop shape.
picture.php

picture.php

Stay safe, bless :tiphat:

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Thank you kindly
They were all from seeds, it's not necessarily what you can call stabile, but all phenos are desirable, depending on preferences and such, not everyone would want the stretchy ones, but keep the high yield + great low structure phenos, they're all true keepers, good effects and flavors.
There's the chunky and very resinous Fire pheno, big yielding C99 and Fire phenos, the stretchy OGK with great smell/flavor and beautiful triangular flowers, some semi stretchy mixes and a nice mix pheno with minimal stretch and fat, white and light green flowers. All stink...

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Greetings, ICMag

Here's some pics of the Fire pheno, I guess, probably the one with densest gland cover ie most sticky, flavourful (mint, coffee, fumes, lemon and especially glue or something in glue, and couple of hits is all it takes for some, it is very relaxing and anxiolytic, but still with an exciting head, a little trippy, while wrapped in a Kushy cocoon
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It's some of the best herb I've tried.
True medicine without a doubt.
The ones of you with sharp vision might spot the male stamen, these plants were stressed each and every day, mostly with light and heat, and they all performed very very great regardless!

Greasy Glands

Absolutely Gorgeous Work!! I have several High Rise Seed varieties ive ran the Auto Fire 99 with great results. Tasty potent herbs. Great job!

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Absolutely Gorgeous Work!! I have several High Rise Seed varieties ive ran the Auto Fire 99 with great results. Tasty potent herbs. Great job!

Thank you very much for the kind words ?? it really is some of the best herb ever, I miss it... Clones were stolen by leo... I did get to consume most of the harvest fortunately ??

You're a lucky dog having several of Highrises lines, keep them close, I beat my self for not buying more as I don't have any more F99 seeds, although there are some reg seeds from at least 3 of the F99 females, pollinated with either a Stardawg hybrid male or a fragrant and fast growing La Niña male (Black Widow x Haze), but no more fem. Be sure to clone, pollinate and and all that. Edit: I think it was a understanding in regards to Kirks passing, internet can be a wierd thing, forgive me.

One keeper to stick to is the one I think is the Fire Kush pheno - limey, gassy, mint, baked goods, musky, grass, soil scents as far as I remember. One to hold tight, and share. The two headed stretchy OGK pheno somewhere above is another keeper, more insence'y and meaty, kinda more sleepinducing.

Latest posts

Latest posts