What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow along with AG and son's

Happy Times

Yeah I like to use a names that makes it easy for me to keep track of parents. I hate when breeders use weird names and I have to click on seeds to see what it is at the seedbanks.

I’m right with ya on that! Plus then you forget what you looked up and what it was, and have to keep rechecking haha

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Y'know, I think your chuckin' makes more than a few "breeders" envious.

IqTyq

Crazy how out of all the seeds I started the Core Banger, SDF13 and SDF13 Banger are standing out. So much for "breeders" being so much better then us lil chuckers.

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm out of rep - but IqTyq - yours is coming. :joint:

As much as I agree. Perhaps, because of the effort I have spent (about 10 years of my life) trying to, as an ignorant pot head, learn the ins and outs of genetics - I have to voice a bit of hesitation for the feel good train. ;)

I truly believe, without any ego involved, I am MORE COMPETENT, than a pollen chucker. It's not just plant selection ability - WE ALL - know what smokes good and what doesn't.

Problem is, not all plants actually pass their visible traits. Factor in that some recessive traits require and are dependent upon dominant trait activators - meaning that the traits you want are only going to surface in the F2, because they are masked by the dominant alleles and aren't activated. That means, you need two plants in the F2 generation expressing the recessive trait. That could be 1 out of 2,000 plants...seriously.

And while I'm making this statement - I am accidentally, circling back around to the point that was made above. It does take passion and love.

There is a absolute soul consuming, attention devouring, mind encapsulating - FOCUS - required to be a plant breeder. It's immensely complicated - and that is only made more difficult with legality issues.

Yes. Pollen chucks can be amazing. They are amazing. It's all we have.

I don't care who it is or what they say, myself included - I do not know of a cannabis breeder following conventional scientific standards or methods - IMPLICITLY - with steadfast rigor.

TomHill - was on this path - he set me down it. It was HIS care and concern for the plant - his PM's and text book suggestions - his desire to share knowledge - that showed me the errors in what I had been trying to accomplish.

The market is growing too fast - the demand is too high. The value is too great.

Welcome all shills, wanna-be's and hacks to the grand emporium that is a grey market.

Our collective past has allowed for such to emerge because while we all use cannabis - we ARE NOT the same.

The TrueTerps debacle was interesting to observe. The most important thing I really grasped, was what Future was/is trying to accomplish, with a LEGIT - grass roots industry/trade organization. Good Life Gang - doesn't really have a great ring to it, so there are some hints of a shadowy past there...

However, it really is perhaps the first example of vertical integration, ie "keiretsu", in the cannabis industry. I became aware of such things working in the pharmaceutical fields - Kiazen - being another favorite.

Anyway - interesting last few posts. I'm on the fence though. :joint:

I have a very poignant vision for a way to upset the balance, simply by playing by THEIR rules. It's a way to win at their game. I'm just not sure how exactly to present the data - and how to get all the right people in the same room for a board meeting. Their exists a very small window in this emerging market - and they don't play by our rules.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All of this is just grower conversation - it IS NOT - an attack on anyone. It's hard to be real - to have open and honest conversation - when everyone is looking to prop themselves up every second of every day.

I hope that response isn't taken as conversational - not as an attack or as accusations or as being petty or resentful or bitter in any way.

It's just conversation. Conversation that needs to be had. The important stuff is never easy.

dank.Frank

Americangrower

Veteran
Well Frank that all depends on what the breeder/chucker is trying to accomplish. To me you sound like you want identical plants to which ever pheno you have chosen, working towards ibl. Which is fine but for me I'm about the spice of life. I like making my own choice as to which pheno I like best. To me it doesn't have to be recessive traits, sometime's 2 dominate traits can merge to form a monster that brings the best of both plants. Just my thoughts.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes. I have something VERY specific that I want. You are correct in that.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

DJXX

Veteran
I see some similarities in these 2.

Riri cut on left (Jahgreenlabel's pic) and Riri x riri f13 on right.
View Image
Man i am gonna have to source a cut of Riri...i have had them all but her...and your pics only get one comment ..."drool"...thanks for sharing the badass pics..DJXX

Americangrower

Veteran
I know some1 trying to get Riri back, if any1 can I betting on him and his lil whorehouse (hint)

I need to get Chacos cuts to add to AJ and ECSD. To be dusted with the Riri F13 male.. Together we will bring that 06 Sour D back.

Americangrower

Veteran
This is Riri F13 #5. Not as photogenic as #6 but she has the beef. I say her calyxes will swell in time. She seems to be a longer flower time then #6
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crazy how sour they all look. Guess Riri breeds like that or the F13 allowed it to come through. Lot of really nice plants!

Not going to lie. Your timing couldn't be better. This has me really hype to see what shows up in these Sour D Bx2 crosses I am currently vegging. I sort of expect the Cheese x to look like your #5 there. :respect:

dank.Frank

Americangrower

Veteran
Crazy how sour they all look. Guess Riri breeds like that or the F13 allowed it to come through. Lot of really nice plants!

Not going to lie. Your timing couldn't be better. This has me really hype to see what shows up in these Sour D Bx2 crosses I am currently vegging. I sort of expect the Cheese x to look like your #5 there. :respect:

dank.Frank

Well these seeds are bx so Riri x Riri F13. I think IqTyq choose a fantastic male. I can't wait to hit ECSD and #6 with a male.
Karma's Sour D is fantastic from what I have seen and read. But not really what I am searching for as they all seem to lean toward the ecsd which obviously is what Karma wanted and bred for.

These are toward the grapefruit/lavender side that I believe comes from the Soma's NYCD in the ibl. Which as I've said before is 1 of if not the best tasting herb ever produced.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FWIW - that is exactly why I wanted to look through the Zkits x Sour D Bx2. I'll be buying several packs of those when they hit market. I just have a feeling. Karma G sold me on them. LOL. :joint:

I get what you are doing now though - didn't realize that was the terp profile going on here.

dank.Frank

S1N1STER

Ive been drooling over this thread for a couple days. Props to you AG.

You seem to know your sours so...do you know the difference between sour d and headband? I thought the original was the AJ and it had a few different labels. Daywrecker, headband, original diesel......

Latest posts

Latest posts