What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Durban poison

Arf

I have grown several different Durbans over the years, and they are all not very high THC like I think 10% was the best. People go for the aniseed smell, that's the hallmark. An interesting experiment would be to take say the Dutch Passion Durban Poison, and cross it with some Haze to get the potency up, then spend some time selecting the offspring for the aniseed smell.

Last edited:

PDX Dopesmoker

I have grown several different Durbans over the years, and they are all not very high THC like I think 10% was the best. People go for the aniseed smell, that's the hallmark. An interesting experiment would be to take say the Dutch Passion Durban Poison, and cross it with some Haze to get the potency up, then spend some time selecting the offspring for the aniseed smell.

The highest testing Durban Poison I've seen locally is from a place called TJ's Organics in Eugene, gets into lower 20% on THC, so you might also get the potency up just by popping more DP seeds until you find that really good one.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
High THC does not always equal potency. There are some really potent Durbans out there. It is a Sativa high so don't expect couchlock indica loaded effect.

need4weed

Veteran
High THC does not always equal potency. There are some really potent Durbans out there. It is a Sativa high so don't expect couchlock indica loaded effect.

I agree, some of those old pure sativa lines like thai were somewhere in the region of 8 to 13 % but still very potent

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree, some of those old pure sativa lines like thai were somewhere in the region of 8 to 13 % but still very potent

Tis true...

A friend & I were trimming the other day and we got stoned as fuck just inhaling all the terps that were off gassing in the drying room. We weren't smoking much but we were blown away all day long. It was really difficult to maintain focus!

baduy

Just ordered my CBG Durban. Looks like the real deal,long thin buds with the aniseed smell and a reasonably long flowering time. Looks exactly like the phenotypic expression I'd be searching for if growing a raw version like SOA's but already worked by a respected breeder towards sexual stability.
I feel spoilt :biggrin:

A friend crossed Durban Poison with Utopia Haze..was one of my favorites.Very potent,euphoric and also had a nice lime-taste.
Recommended !

baduy

A friend crossed Durban Poison with Utopia Haze..was one of my favorites.Very potent,euphoric and also had a nice lime-taste.
Recommended !
This anise smell seems pretty recessive.
The only cross I've tried which kept it was the pre 2000 dutch Dutch Passion and it seems like it didn't survive generations.
Something to keep in mind if I'm tempted to try a Durban cross.
A Durban without the anise/fennel perfume would be pointless to me,even if stronger

soil margin

Veteran
Hey there Land, nice pics mate.

Anyone else growing Durban these days? Ordered some seeds recently and looking forward to starting a few plants. Would love to hear people's experiences with growing her.