What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Marijuana Market

Buddha1

Veteran
Shame QWISO didn't ever catch on...quick cold rinse....makes for a nice oil...

I know one old timer who still refuses to do a quick wash.....he just keeps adding trim......he adds trim waits a few weeks....strain...add more trim....repeat...till the shit is black as tar.....definately gets you high......but BLEH....i had one hoot and that was enough....

I remember it as extremely nice oil...Good color, flavor and very potent, and its simple to make too. ISO is much easier, than Butane to remove from the catching container after its been rendered down, as well, because the maker controls the consistency and the evaporation of the ISO from the oil, not just letting it do its own thing, like Butane extraction. The Butane just keeps evaporating until its finished...Period...with those big bubbles of flammable gas. A "Quick Wash ISO", the maker can leave a little ISO(5%-10%) in until it is transfer to the final container, then finished to the final product or leave it runny for coating rolling papers and such...Its the makers choice.

And you're right...To bad it didn't catch on.

IMO...ISO has much less residue and is better tasting than Butane extraction methods. All the Butane oil, I have ever made has had that gas smell as an after taste...Even the recommended Butane's from the Head Shop.

Course the same guy refuses to use gloves when trimming cause he just loves his finger hash....:pUKE: extra skin for the added flavor I guess

Don't forget the dirt, for extra weight...lol...Personally I use gloves.
Cannibals and Cannibalism...its a life style choice, that's not for everyone...lmfao...:laughing:.

Peace...B

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
well thats not the normal viewpoint. most people would say their experience gives the opposite results. if i thought IPA extract was tasty i would use it, but it has never been as purely tasting just like the bud smells as well made BHO extract is. i have had lots of IPA oil, some made by a pro, and side by side with it and BHO of the same stuff there was a marked difference in flavor. most people who have tried both prefer BHO it seems.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
any bho i have tried tastes like butane so i tend to steer clear of it. right now i am doing daily iso washes and getting back an average of 4.5 g of shatter from an ounce of shake. 4.5x $60 is 270. not bad for an ounce of shake. it works out to an o of shake being worth $270. not bad imo.

55 gal drums of ISO are around 500ish in my parts...love it! Frozen ISO + frozen trim + quick wash = greasy awesomeness.

Last edited:

Ras Mason

Veteran
any bho i have tried tastes like butane so i tend to steer clear of it. right now i am doing daily iso washes and getting back an average of 4.5 g of shatter from an ounce of shake. 4.5x $60 is 270. not bad for an ounce of shake. it works out to an o of shake being worth $270. not bad imo.

Hey bud!I have never tryed the iso method before and am quite interested to try it...
Wuold you be so kind as to answer a couple questions please?
1: Do you purchase straight up 99 iso from shoppers drug mart or is there a cleaner source in canada?
2: i have about 200g of pure nebula buds cured for 2 months i am willing to wash, if you would give me a few hints on insuring utmost purity, i would be gratefull and post tons of nice pics of final product.
«Blessed

Ras Mason

Veteran
hahaha! vapey vapey.....you know me, if i buy anything it s gonna be critical......
Plus i am curious and don t really like butane....read some guy that got lab test on his iso and no iso was found....
and i m itching, me luc and soma have put some efforts in this bud...

Oh wise and pufferfull master vapes!

Ras Mason

Veteran
i used to do it with 94 % alcohol from the SAQ...
back in the days....
filtered it through activated carbon...
quick frozen wash...

i am more wondering on the last evap or manipulation techniques...
anyhoo.

vapor

Veteran
how sensitive was the iso test? If we tested it at a lab with more sensitive tests and equipment would they find iso?
Butane that is winterized in ethanol would be the first choice for me{butane making the best initial extraction, ethanol to get rid of waxes} which ever tech you use it comes down to thin films to purge the solvent the thinner the better{3mm or less thick}...
Just use the iso the way you do a quick wash with ethanol{94%} cold and frozen and quick contact with material.You could probably winterize in the iso i have never tryd it....Good luck...

Ras Mason

Veteran
how sensitive was the iso test? If we tested it at a lab with more sensitive tests and equipment would they find iso?
Butane that is winterized in ethanol would be the first choice for me{butane making the best initial extraction, ethanol to get rid of waxes} which ever tech you use it comes down to thin films to purge the solvent the thinner the better{3mm or less thick}...
Just use the iso the way you do a quick wash with ethanol{94%} cold and frozen and quick contact with material.You could probably winterize in the iso i have never tryd it....Good luck...

Herein lays all the fun!!!! what would life be without it? Oh...wait a minute...been there.....bah!

the local clone sellers are saying that the demand for cuttings is at a all time high FWIW

That was a while ago after the injunction. It is still busy for them but its leveling out now as its gets into a regular cycle with the growers.

ATM there's not much risk in getting a knock on the door as long as you're not an idiot so people will keep growing but not as many. There's a chunk of them that had their ATP expired before March 21 that shot down, while some lost their lease on houses because the land lords were afraid of letting them grow since the injunction wasn't concrete.

My store is surviving on selling GH, Grotek, shit load of Promix about 8 skids per week (which rally is nothing when you're making $2 per bail.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I had a few people asking me for clones and I don't sell clones (recently). Then again, they wanted something not Kush and I do have a lot of varieties not related.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey dudes

i had the pleasure of hanging out with my organic chemist today in toronto

he said its virtualy impossible to get all the sulvents/ and or additives purged from extracts

he is a power nerd in the subject, not just with resin and canna

i wonder what the overall effect on bidy/brain this is having on our community

seen a ton of black eyed, depressed, psychotic, and zombie like dabbers over the past 2 years.

does anythink this could be sulvent mixture related?

i myself love dabs, but on occaission. not morning eve night :)

food for thought

med-man

Savage Seeds

the local clone sellers are saying that the demand for cuttings is at a all time high FWIW

Fuckin right it is last year I was overstocked on clones couldn't give them away, this year now middle of June and 1500 sold later people are still cryin for the fuckin things!

Call me a asshole but I keep seperate lower grade mothers for clone sale stock and keep my high grade mothers for myself. Its a awesome business if you play it right.

Latest posts

Latest posts