What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

cyat

Veteran
Well, the V+B works better for me than anything else that I've tried. Initially I was dumping it into the reservoir too quickly, and it takes forever to dissolve if it lands in a pile on the bottom. Then I tried premixing it in warm water like I had other nutrients, and that didn't work well. I wound up going through my girlfriend's cabinets and found an old powdered sugar sifter similar to the one in the picture, and it works perfectly. The screen is small enough that no chunks get through, and it scatters the powder over the surface enough that it all dissolves before it hits bottom. My inbound pH runs 7.0-7.1, and after adding the V+B it comes out to around 6.1. Looks about perfect to me.

Sorry you guys haven't experienced the success that a number of us have with V+B, but I would suspect that you are doing something similar to what I had been if you had problems with it not dissolving. I have no association with the company, and sure as hell wouldn't recommend something that didn't work well for me.

*edit* Cyat, I think it's pretty funny that you think people are shilling this product on here. It was your posts at the start of this thread that started me looking into it! Didn't you get your commission check or what? Ease up, compadre'.

View Image

commission check,funny.... I was suckered into it by this thread and paid for all the stuff i got, I didnt even get a sample...

point is : same story different websites same act, pictures just different names chris,biomaster,netprofit,icbudz, whatever other names who cares sameperson/people/company

not saying it doesnt work or its total crap but these guys are actors, just dont being like fooled either, ya they got me, live and learn

just like if big mike from a.n came on here posing as a novice grower killin it... whats the difference?

other people on riu noticed too, but if u like it great

Huh? I think you got some SERIOUS issues if you think these people work for V+B somehow....what a foolish thing to say. I think you need to seriously get over yourself....

I am amazed when ever I see such dumbass statements.......actors huh? ROFL!!

Nobody is trying to "fool" you .....try the product with a FREE sample to see if you like it....

How exactly do you fool a person like that??

What a dummy.....

The reason why I full court press this product is VERY SIMPLE and I am sure even YOU can understand this......I am tired of the marketing BS products like from Advanced Nutrients that cost a fortune and ROB money from good people! I do not like that you see!!

What other nutrient company do you know of that will accept a sample of your source water, analyze it, and then custom formulate the nutrient to YOUR water specs??? HUH??? You will be a long while looking for another nutrient company that will do this for you.

I want people to know you do not have to buy these BS products like from AN especially and spend all your hard earned cash!! IT IS TOTAL BS!!!

When I come across a person like Chris at Hydroponic-Research and a product like V+B I think it is important to let people know about the other options out there. And how there are REAL great working products with NO BS gimmick at all!

It really is a shame that you think this is some ploy.....maybe medical MJ is not the medicine for you....you seem to be suffering from a bad case of paranoia.....think the world is out to get you??? GET HELP!!

Chris is probably the most honest and knowledgeable person I have ever had the pleasure to know or work with......the guy is 100% a straight shooter! You will find very few people in this industry like Chris and the products he has been developing since 1990.

Thats over 12 years ago Cyat in case you have trouble with the math....

Some people are VERY proud of there ignorance I guess....

I cant wait to send Chris an email with a copy of this guys post claiming we are actors and what not.....ROFL!!

You know your shit is good when people start making accusations like this....ROFL!!

Thanks Cyat for giving even MORE proof of how awesome this product is!! Yours is actually the BEST testimonial anyone could give!! ROFL!! Especially the people that know Chris and have worked with him before and thats a lot of people considering he has been in this industry for well over 12 years now.....too funny!

Chris is going to laugh his ass off at this one..........tooooo funnny .......ROFL!!!

dalilguy

I cant wait to send Chris an email with a copy of this guys post claiming we are actors and what not.....ROFL!!

You know your shit is good when people start making accusations like this....ROFL!!

Thanks Cyat for giving even MORE proof of how awesome this product is!! Yours is actually the BEST testimonial anyone could give!! ROFL!! Especially the people that know Chris and have worked with him before and thats a lot of people considering he has been in this industry for well over 12 years now.....too funny!

Chris is going to laugh his ass off at this one..........tooooo funnny .......ROFL!!!

So your agreeing all these pics from a "novice grower crushing all his partners" the first go round are legit? The pictures I'm sure are legit but some of the wording behind it? Coming out saying they don't know anything just that it's killing it? An spreading all the same exact info across all boards.. You should definitely see how some catch this as a marketing ploy.

Not saying netprophet, illeagle and which ever other name with the same pics aren't killing it.. The pictures show they are..

Being on the industry side of things I have no doubt u can make this stuff work. I mean shit folks are getting good results with jacks.. But to deny some of these names are behind the marketing is ridiculous lol. I'll be running this along side Maxi an canna. Unfortunately for me I can't "Just get a sample an test it" a 1lb bag won't fill one of my Rez and a 5lb bag will only last me about 4 tanks which won't go a full 30 days for me. 70-75$ for a 16lb tub of maxi is hard to beat these days. But v+b has some goodies in it that maxi definitely doesn't have an should make up for the extra cost if it is in there. :joint: we'll know how it works out soon down the road :tiphat:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You will find very few people in this industry like Chris and the products he has been developing since 1990.

Thats over 12 years ago Cyat in case you have trouble with the math....

Ummm, about this math.......

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In a thread like this ... its good to have negative feed back as well as good . it gives the unknowing new user both sides to look at and consider before buying , but to call the users that like it .... actors or accuse us of working for the company is just .... childish . come'on cyat you had a bad experiance is all , why make it something its not ???

Being on the industry side of things I have no doubt u can make this stuff work. I mean shit folks are getting good results with jacks.. But to deny some of these names are behind the marketing is ridiculous lol. I'll be running this along side Maxi an canna. Unfortunately for me I can't "Just get a sample an test it" a 1lb bag won't fill one of my Rez and a 5lb bag will only last me about 4 tanks which won't go a full 30 days for me. 70-75$ for a 16lb tub of maxi is hard to beat these days. But v+b has some goodies in it that maxi definitely doesn't have an should make up for the extra cost if it is in there.

The expense for a large grower is more than likely too much compared to nutes like Maxi ..... but for us small perpetual growers .... the extra expense is worth it !!! especially when i see such a big difference in my plants when using it .

I will be the first to admit that for large grow ops, using a powder could be problematic....it all depends on the environment and the needs.....

As far as calculating cost, you have to think about some things.....for one additives. This is a ONE PART COMPLETE formula including boosters, enzymes (very expensive), fulvic isolates (the best and lowest molecular/bioavailable), PK Boosters, vitamins, amino's, ect.....you start adding those cost up into the mix and V+B becomes CHEAPER and the best value for what your getting.

Maxi does not EVEN compare to the contents of V+B.....run a side by side and see for yourself what is better.....

Now consider time....most people are very concerned with time....time is money right?? The ease of use that V+B brings to the table needs to be calculated into the mix.....

Now consider maintenance....because V+B is such a CLEAN formula you do not need cleaning and sterilizing products or at least you will not need to use as much.....this saves you money and time in cleaning and prepping systems.....all needs to be added into the equation of how much V+B really does cost......

Do the math and you will find it hard to find a nutrient formula, powder or otherwise that cost as LITTLE as V+B and yet delivers a COMPLETE package......

V+B is not the end all be all of plant nutrients and there are several good brands that can make a first time grower look like a pro....many variables at play here obviously....

I also can not vouch for others on here about what they post as being true.....would not even try. I have no vested interest in V+B or any other brand nutrient for that matter....

Have done many independent studies and product evaluations over the years, and speaking of years, that was a typo and not a error in math.....give me a break....

Anyhow when the product test well, that is what is reported, when it does bad then that is reported as well....when it does exceptionally well like V+B has proven to do, I think people should know about it also.....PERIOD.

This is an exceptional product and does not need actors or any false testimony to prove it works as well as claimed.....ANYONE can order a free sample and see for themselves how well it works.....I urge you to do so in fact! Make your OWN mind up!

MANY years have went into developing this product and I think that should be respected as well.

The test results that have been posted on boards looks about average for the results of a user using V+B....VERY sorry that the product tested so well across a multitude of growing environments.....again try it yourself and have your eyes opened!

And your source for information is RIU???????? REALLY??? ROFL!! Ya, that place is so full of BS and monkeys I would not know where to begin......good luck getting accurate information from that zoo.....LOL!!!

RIU has to be one of the WORST websites ever known to man.....ROFL!!! That place holds more myths and bad habits that any other website ever in existence!!

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The expense for a large grower is more than likely too much compared to nutes like Maxi ..... but for us small perpetual growers .... the extra expense is worth it !!! especially when i see such a big difference in my plants when using it .

A quick search didn't turn up the pricing for Maxibloom that Dalilguy is claiming, but for quantities that I would buy in and from suppliers that I frequently use, the V+B is almost exactly 3x as expensive as Maxi. Of course, as Cyat said early on about his experience, Maxi doesn't work with my water.

By the time I supplement enough CalMag to get equivalent amounts of Mg, the Maxibloom is at 75% of the cost. Unfortunately, the Maxibloom/CalMag mix still only has half of the calcium that the V+B does at that point, so if enough CalMag is added to make the Ca equivalent, the cost of the Maxibloom is now 175% of the cost of the V+B and the Mg content is far too high.Then the pH needs to be adjusted, and whatever other supplements added, etc, etc.

I just completed my first full run with V+B a few weeks ago, and used nothing with it other than Drip Clean for my Blumats. This is the first time that I haven't been chasing deficiencies at some point throughout the grow. Sorry it isn't working for you guys, but I'm sold on it.

G

Guest 18340

Ahem,
EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion but not to the point of slander.
I did a little digging around and while I see no proof of a "scam" I do question if a certain individual here has a vested interested in "HR".
Regardless though, that person has not violated the TOU in any way nor is that person openly marketing. And thats IF that person indeed does have a vested interest.
A thread on another board insinuating a scam does not make it so.
The OP's question has been answered and then some.
Thread Closed.

Y

YosemiteSam

I find meself curious...does this formula use both epsom salts and K2SO4? I am wondering if really high sulfate along with that much Ca is what causes the precipitation

never mind, I see.

dalilguy

I find meself curious...does this formula use both epsom salts and K2SO4? I am wondering if really high sulfate along with that much Ca is what causes the precipitation

never mind, I see.

Would you say it's leaps ahead of maxi? At least on paper? Received some samples. Won't be able to run much with it so got some on order to try out along side the maxi.

Y

YosemiteSam

I am a huge fan of Albrecht's work...so i am for anything that gives a Ca base cation saturation of 65-70% and allows the pH to fall around 6.4 I think Veg + Bloom comes closer to that than any bottled nute on the market

So yea, it leaps ahead of other stuff. My opinion though is it has way too much K which does not quite allow the cations to work together properly...at least not in an Albrecht way

Why do I think Albrecht works...if you are ever around any of the monster plant mixes that produce quality and weight check out the base cation saturation of Ca...wanna bet what it is close to?

I could, however, be totally wrong.

tenthirty

I have been running a perpetual sog grow with the Dyna Grow lineup for quite some time and I bought a 5 lb box of V&B to try.
The harvest that is about to happen has been running V&B for the last 30 days and the tray behind it has been running V&B from the start of flower.
We are running RO and V&B RO version.

What I can say about V&B in my situation.
1) It has saved me about 2-4 hours per month in monitoring and mixing time. I have a little cup that is just the right amount for a rez, so I don't even have to weigh it any more.
PH and EC come out basically perfect every time. (I am using no additives at this point)

2) The health and overall look of the plants is noticeably better. I even think that the flowers could be bigger. (I always measure trimmed weight of each plant as I trim them to get a feel for g per plant.) I will know when I trim.

In summary, V&B has not killed my plants and is stupid easy to use.
My only complaint is anything over about 1.2 EC starts to show signs of tip burn.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
My only complaint is anything over about 1.2 EC starts to show signs of tip burn.

this. i am in coco under a 600w. the first week and w/1.5EC started getting little tip burn - backed off to 1.2EC

i suspect if i watered more and had 1000w w/CO2 i could run 1.5EC

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As with ANY nutrient .... the amount of nutes used is affected by the amount of light used . someone using 400 watts is going to use less nutrients than someone using 1000 watts .
just like most new comers don't realize the lucas formula is for 1000 watts & are getting over fed conditions cuz they're running weaker lights .

Y

YosemiteSam

again....imo, the tips burn when you go above a certain EC because of all the K, reduce it down to about 40% of what it is and you could run higher EC, get much faster growth and lose nothing in flowering.

goes against the theory of ever single nute on the market...does that make it wrong?