What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lazyman's 16KW Headbanger

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks for all the kind words folks!

So the bulbs are staggered because it's like a non-moving light mover, the plants only can use about 6-7 hours a day of very bright light, so this way this is exactly what they get. 6 hours of bright, 6 hours of dim. Cut the power and cooling in half! The girls don't seem to notice the difference, they are growing big and bushy to be sure.

Yeah the ceiling height is not great, but the plants are literally on the floor so they'll never max it out.

Oh forgot to mention nutes:

AN Sensi 2 part, grow and bloom
Overdrive, Big Bud and Koolbloom
Oh i have some Bloombastic too, good stuff.
Final Phase for the flushing period

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
You don't fuck around do you Lazyman:lurk:

Nope, at least not when it comes to growrooms! :dance013:

I can screw up a plant just like anyone else, but I always try to design my rooms so they exceed MY abilities. That way the only thing holding me back is my knowledge and experience, and not some stupid shortcoming in hardware. ;)

Z

ZenArcade

Goddamn!!! This guy is no joke!!! Lazyman, how do you like the Quantum Ballasts? I've had my eye on those. I've heard good things over the years about the staggered light timing. Have you done it before? I'll stay tuned for sure!!!!!

mcattak

Thanks for all the kind words folks!

So the bulbs are staggered because it's like a non-moving light mover, the plants only can use about 6-7 hours a day of very bright light, so this way this is exactly what they get. 6 hours of bright, 6 hours of dim. Cut the power and cooling in half! The girls don't seem to notice the difference, they are growing big and bushy to be sure.

Yeah the ceiling height is not great, but the plants are literally on the floor so they'll never max it out.

Oh forgot to mention nutes:

AN Sensi 2 part, grow and bloom
Overdrive, Big Bud and Koolbloom
Oh i have some Bloombastic too, good stuff.
Final Phase for the flushing period

Do you use these together or seperate...

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Do you use these together or seperate...

I try to do one at a time so I can just pick one, but Bloombastic was easy, worked well and I got a big bottle of it free, lol. All seem to work about the same in my garden though, I just start with plain water, add the booster per the label, ph it, and then add more bloom nutes if needed to get the ppm's up (usually not needed.) Watch the new growth and tips for burn and if all is well feed a little harder, about 100ppm up every 2-3 days. Go by what the plants tell you they need. I also do one day of plain water every time I change my res, every couple weeks or so.

I have tried mixing a couple boosters at half strength but it's hard to tell what works without a control.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Goddamn!!! This guy is no joke!!! Lazyman, how do you like the Quantum Ballasts? I've had my eye on those. I've heard good things over the years about the staggered light timing. Have you done it before? I'll stay tuned for sure!!!!!
\

Love the Quantums, buying 8 more next week! Not one hiccup ever.

Staggered lighting is new to me, as is bare vert bulbs and Blumat auto watering. Everything else I've done and used many times in the past.

I just try to make it so whenever I fix something, I do my best to ensure I never have to touch it again. Fix it once and fix it right, learn from your mistakes and design better next time. Overkill is a very comforting friend. Knowing that your room can handle this heat wave, or can withstand a power outage without catastrophe helps me sleep at night. The girls may be in the dark for a while but they will ALWAYS be watered and alive.

Wanted to list some chems I keep on hand, some preventatives and some are just in case:

Floramite SC as a foliar spray, 1.2 ml/gallon mixed with 30ml/gallon DM Saturator, spray every 3 weeks until week 5 of flower and never have mites.

SM90, good for aphids, surfactant and bugs just don't like it.
Phason20 kills algae, bacteria, viruses and funguses, good for most systems that have any kind of reservoir.

Safers Garden cure fungicide, good shit, I mix this with DM Saturator as well and it does seem to penetrate better. Cures powdery mold and budrots

30-35% Hydrogen peroxide, just handy to have a bottle laying around for res issues and it also worked well on root aphids with SM90 mixed in the res at 2ml/gallon each.

Yellow and blue sticky traps
Pyrethrin aerosol spray
Case of pryrethrin foggers
Vitamin B1
Clonex gel
Gnatrol WDG for fungus gnats, good shit there if you can find it.

Oh and tons of leftover nutes and freebies to try, always nice to have extra nutes in case you run out of something and can't get to the hydro store or you're broke. Heh.

RedDeer

Awesome setup. I love seeing your setups lazyman. You put so much thought and planning into your setups, it shows.
:tiphat:

mcattak

I try to do one at a time so I can just pick one, but Bloombastic was easy, worked well and I got a big bottle of it free, lol. All seem to work about the same in my garden though, I just start with plain water, add the booster per the label, ph it, and then add more bloom nutes if needed to get the ppm's up (usually not needed.) Watch the new growth and tips for burn and if all is well feed a little harder, about 100ppm up every 2-3 days. Go by what the plants tell you they need. I also do one day of plain water every time I change my res, every couple weeks or so.

I have tried mixing a couple boosters at half strength but it's hard to tell what works without a control.

Ok ...So no secret big bud - Koolbloom combo recipe..

Floramite SC as a foliar spray, 1.2 ml/gallon mixed with 30ml/gallon DM Saturator, spray every 3 weeks until week 5 of flower and never have mite.

Week 5 of what a 10 week strain...Has it ever turned the hairs brown/red prematurely that late into flower???

When you say staggered vertical do you mean

xoxox
oxoxo
xoxox

Thanks

mc

Z

ZenArcade

\

Love the Quantums, buying 8 more next week! Not one hiccup ever.

Staggered lighting is new to me, as is bare vert bulbs and Blumat auto watering. Everything else I've done and used many times in the past.

I just try to make it so whenever I fix something, I do my best to ensure I never have to touch it again. Fix it once and fix it right, learn from your mistakes and design better next time. Overkill is a very comforting friend. Knowing that your room can handle this heat wave, or can withstand a power outage without catastrophe helps me sleep at night. The girls may be in the dark for a while but they will ALWAYS be watered and alive.

Wanted to list some chems I keep on hand, some preventatives and some are just in case:

Floramite SC as a foliar spray, 1.2 ml/gallon mixed with 30ml/gallon DM Saturator, spray every 3 weeks until week 5 of flower and never have mites.

SM90, good for aphids, surfactant and bugs just don't like it.
Phason20 kills algae, bacteria, viruses and funguses, good for most systems that have any kind of reservoir.

Safers Garden cure fungicide, good shit, I mix this with DM Saturator as well and it does seem to penetrate better. Cures powdery mold and budrots

30-35% Hydrogen peroxide, just handy to have a bottle laying around for res issues and it also worked well on root aphids with SM90 mixed in the res at 2ml/gallon each.

Yellow and blue sticky traps
Pyrethrin aerosol spray
Case of pryrethrin foggers
Vitamin B1
Clonex gel
Gnatrol WDG for fungus gnats, good shit there if you can find it.

Oh and tons of leftover nutes and freebies to try, always nice to have extra nutes in case you run out of something and can't get to the hydro store or you're broke. Heh.

Hell yeah!
I do it just like you my friend, fully prepared down to every last detail!!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Ok ...So no secret big bud - Koolbloom combo recipe..

Floramite SC as a foliar spray, 1.2 ml/gallon mixed with 30ml/gallon DM Saturator, spray every 3 weeks until week 5 of flower and never have mite.

Week 5 of what a 10 week strain...Has it ever turned the hairs brown/red prematurely that late into flower???

When you say staggered vertical do you mean

xoxox
oxoxo
xoxox

Thanks

mc

No I usually do 9 week strains, so it has 3-4 weeks to flush out typically. If I stop any earlier I have mites by the end. Nope no hair burning or anything.

Yeah that's the idea, except it's 4 lights X4 rows:

XOXO
OXOX
XOXO
OXOX

The o's on one relay, the x's on another. Each on a 50A circuit.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Looks like somebody is movin' on up. Break a leg. :lurk:

I'll take some of those used 4x4 trays from the last show and put em to use.

D

dunkybones

Every time I see your posts, I think "And he calls himself Lazyman?" I got a thing or two to show you about being lazy...

As for banging your head, wear a bike helmet. You'd be soooo cool...

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks guys! Trays from last op are long gone amigo, sorry about that!

Yeah I though about wearing a helmet, gotta wear sunglasses and kneepads, might as well wear me some floaties on my arms too!

NEVER go full retard! ;) hahaha

I like a lazy man's garden, but it sure is a lot of work to set up. Took about 4-5 weeks I guess total, if I didn't have a day job would still have been 2-3 solid weeks of work. Not too bad though, considering it should pull 8-12# every month.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
drooling-2.gif

subscribed :joint:
ArcticBlast

Latest posts

Latest posts