Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2018, 02:47 AM #3671
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
Some foliar K would surely help too!
adding Pot Sili to his lines will raise his solution PH helping acidity, it helps with the Na and gives him the needed K, the Si will also help with the heat.... triple or is it a quadruple whammy ?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:01 AM #3672
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
I prefer to hit from all sides when I have an issue.

Take half a plant and spray it with a foliar K and the other half not, let us all know what happens.

Great test!
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

Old 01-20-2018, 03:03 AM #3673
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Anyone going to the Indoexpo in Denver?
TO THIS WORLD

Old 01-20-2018, 03:06 AM #3674
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:

Take half a plant and spray it with a foliar K and the other half not, let us all know what happens.

Great test!
agreed, the foliar will be super happy - but once flowering then options change - attack from all sides, for sure

Slow, Have you ever used this product

https://andersonshumates.com/products/#HumicDG

Last edited by led05; 01-20-2018 at 03:22 AM..

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:39 AM #3675
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
does improving soil require that you do per acre, or can you do it per plant zone ?

Old 01-20-2018, 03:49 AM #3676
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Acre, cubic yard, cubic foot, what ever numbers you need to make are within your reach. It is just math and obviously what to do with it. Take a read!
TO THIS WORLD

Old 01-20-2018, 03:55 AM #3677
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
i did watch the vid & i'm reading... i'll get an analysis (when i can bust thru the snow) and we'll talk much more when i have something to contribute ..peace

Last edited by ~star~crash~; 01-20-2018 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: sticky fingers

Old 01-20-2018, 03:41 PM #3678
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
You can easily power past it by adding K! It is not that big a deal. It is not that Na is high. The problem is you have low K. I have 400 and 500 ppm of Na, doesn't bother me. Why? Cause it is less than 2% of my bases. Lots of folks call me Mr. Calcium hahaha, it isn't that I have a love affair with Ca. The issue is this works! As you have seen.

You can aim for 3.5% K to start and push to 6-8%. Just make sure you are always dominating Na.

This also shows the reason what the base distributions aren't negotiable. If you leave space by not having high enough Ca, lots of things can get out of whack fast!

Given you have been making real progress, would you mind telling us all how things have been going? Yield? Quality?
Stellar. The last run in this bed was 11 different varieties out of 18 total plants...I am not a mono-cropper... 1.28 gpw or 2.86 lbs/1k in a 2400 watt bed... 6.8 lbs from a 9x4 space.

Terps have gone up, shelf life has increased and density is through the roof... and this is still without getting the K close...

The real shining star here will be outdoors... Since Slow is giving me shit about wasting electricity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by led05 View Post
add 5-10 ml of Potassium Silicate / Gallon and you can thank me later ;0.... 1/4" lines, that's ID right..? awesome !
1/4" ID inserted directly into 1/2 main line. If any type of barb or connector is used on .250 you lose 40% of your volume. Not using connections makes it less costly and allows me to push big particles through without blockage.

Truth be told, I have a 35 gallon res, 400 gph pump/timer on micro sprinklers for H20 and an 18 gallon res with 400 gph pump for feeds. This is how I do it for each 9x4 bed. If I have 10 beds in a room, the H20 will all be combined into 1 large watering system. The feed side will still stay separate for each bed. I can dial feeding for each strain by doing this.

Quote:

Great test!
I will do so. I currently have plants vegging in this mix.

I have already made additions to this soil, I will post what I did later today.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:51 PM #3679
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by led05 View Post
add 5-10 ml of Potassium Silicate / Gallon and you can thank me later ;0.... 1/4" lines, that's ID right..? awesome !
5-10ml per gallon? I use .4 tsp per gallon or 2ml per gallon. I think Avenger recommended those rates....... Maybe I will bump it up and see what happens.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:11 PM #3680
Avenger

Avenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really nice
Quote:
Anyone going to the Indoexpo in Denver?
yes

Thread Closed