What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humidity Problems!!!!

Lnasty360

I’m in week 1 of flower and I’m inside a 6x6x8 tent inside of a barn I’m struggling to keep humidity below 70% I have a dehumidifier but not causing a drop. I have cloudline T4 fan exhaust and just bottom screens open on tent for intake. Should I keep those bottom vents closed since outside air is humid? But then there will be no fresh air coming in? Any help much appreciated

Fixer

If you can control the temp. I'd try sealing up the tent and running the dehumidifier. Unfortunately if it's in the tent it will add to the heat. If it's too hot and humid run the vent fan on full and add small fans below and above the canopy. Good luck!:tiphat:

RockinRobot

You're going to have a very hard time keeping the humidity any lower then the barn's humidity if your pulling barn air through the tent with a fan.

OldSSSCGuy

You don't say what lighting, but if its HID light then allow your air intake to come in through the light. An HID light can almost 'cook' the water out of the air. Also, check the filters (if any) on the dehumidifier and be sure it is sucking full flow.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You are going to have days like that. The weather is changing weekly from high humidity to low humid dryer days because of the change of the Seasons. ON wet days put an oscillating or box fan in there to keep the air moving a lot. Keep your watering down and on the minimum side during humid days. ON dryer cooler days water your plants with heavy saturation. If you keep in touch with the weather and work with it daily you can manage it.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It sounds like you have some space. Try and picture this. A second tent beside yours. Both piped together, so that your tent gets it's air only from this new tent. Within this new tent is your dehu. Situated so it's blowing at that connecting tube.

Now this image needs a little work. The new tent need only be a box and the connection pipe needs to be no length at all by placing the box right against your tent.

Now again we change that image. The box need only be a valance sheet hanging down the side of your tent.

The basic idea is to supply your tent with only treated air. Conserving that treated air within it's own enclosure means anything not taken by the tent will be going through the dehu again and again.

How warm is the barn? Are you having air lingering in the tents corner against a cool tent wall? just being cooler outside the tent than in will mean the air by the walls is cooling and it's RH increasing. You may need to find some old bedding to drape over your tent to keep the walls warm.

First thing to establish is if the air leaving your dehu is actual dry enough. It may need to go in a box so it can treat the same air quite a few times, while you just draw off a small amount for your tent. Or maybe the dehu is useless. They tend to last a long time though.

Any decent setup will have humidity control for that dehu. Either built in or as a 'plug in' style separate stat. Which can be awkward with newer dehu's that won't come on when simply switched at the wall. Which can be solved but you would need some electrical knowledge to control the dehu at it's float switch

RockinRobot

You don't need to worry as much about daytime humidity as long as you have good airflow. You really only need to worry about humidity during dark period so shut down fans at dark and dehumidifier should be able to keep up.

Latest posts

Latest posts