What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MrNice Super Silver Haze

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Yea. People will dispute my claims but many of the parents used for Shantis lines have been replaced over the years with others, albeit suitable replacements. I am not saying that’s a negative or positive but just stating the facts.

Well unless you know the plants and work for Shanti and have accesses to the plant library you wouldn't know.

JetLife175

Veteran
Well unless you know the plants and work for Shanti and have accesses to the plant library you wouldn't know.

That’s exactly where you are wrong Hempy. I’ll take a quote from shanti himself. “Proof is always in the seed.”

When you release a line and it is one thing for a few years, and is so good that it garners a following, then all of a sudden isn’t the exact thing that it was the previous years.... logic would tell you that at least one of the parents changed at some point.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
That’s exactly where you are wrong Hempy. I’ll take a quote from shanti himself. “Proof is always in the seed.”

When you release a line and it is one thing for a few years, and is so good that it garners a following, then all of a sudden isn’t the exact thing that it was the previous years.... logic would tell you that at least one of the parents changed at some point.

Well JetLife i would have to agree with you but i would have to ask people not seeing the same from today's seed how many did they grow in the past and present to make the call.

JetLife175

Veteran
Well JetLife i would have to agree with you but i would have to ask people not seeing the same from today's seed how many did they grow in the past and present to make the call.

You don’t have to grow any of them.
Don’t need to be a grower whatsoever to know. The final product speaks for itself Hempy. SSH today is nothing like the 97’ era SSH. I feel the same for the widow. G13xhaze was obviously not g13, but from what I remember a g13xskunk selection. That was some of my favorite MNS gear I ever ran. I knew it wasn’t pure g13 and I still bit at it and was very happy with it.

Mightyka

Veteran
That's what I figured... and not even saying what's available now is worse/better but I'd really like the older version of SSH...
Our circle bought about 120 beans of 99 SSH from Shanti. Will see how they germinate but I am worried it will be necessary germinate them invitro. So honestly it will take long time to make some F2 but when I'll do I'll happily share some with you.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Our circle bought about 120 beans of 99 SSH from Shanti. Will see how they germinate but I am worried it will be necessary germinate them invitro. So honestly it will take long time to make some F2 but when I'll do I'll happily share some with you.

This is from 1997 f3 current pics >>>
picture.php
picture.php

unnamedmike

My case; definitely not what I expected. Half of the males autoflowered at 18/6 with just 3 pairs of leaves. And the females don't seem haze at all. I keep two plants as a mother, one that looks super skunk, 8/9 weeks. And another very northernlight, 9/10 weeks. In quality it is what I expected from mrnice, my two keepers are part of my 3 best plants. Very silver, very super, but no haze xD

great plants anyway, but at most, they are distant cousins of what I smoked at the beginning of 2000.
I would not like my words to be misinterpreted, I would spend 130E on another 18 shh seeds without hesitation. And I have holy grail and the doors on my way home.

2020 mrnice super silver haze
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My case; definitely not what I expected. Half of the males autoflowered at 18/6 with just 3 pairs of leaves. And the females don't seem haze at all. I keep two plants as a mother, one that looks super skunk, 8/9 weeks. And another very northernlight, 9/10 weeks. In quality it is what I expected from mrnice, my two keepers are part of my 3 best plants. Very silver, very super, but no haze xD

great plants anyway, but at most, they are distant cousins of what I smoked at the beginning of 2000.
I would not like my words to be misinterpreted, I would spend 130E on another 18 shh seeds without hesitation. And I have holy grail and the doors on my way home.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image
I’m still getting to know my female ...the seed mother threw sterile nanners inside under 12 and 12 , but outside in the natural sunlight in the natural photo-period She performed flawlessly.. still going almost done ... holding onto the clone obviously...

T

TakenByTheSky

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

That's an odd outcome. Of all the ones I've grown they typically go towards haze and haze/nl phenos. Usually longer in the flowering time and the plants are either very good or pure crap. I prefer the haze leaners myself, had quite a few NL Dom and they don't interest me much. Never had a skunky type.

It looks like you're right on the money calling your phenos, that's dead nuts 2 NLs and a very skunk pheno.

Some times I wonder if they keep tinkering with SSH to make it shorter flowering to make it more popular. If you look thru the old threads on SSH it seems like every year the phenos are wildly different like it's more F generations and not a pure f1 anymore.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Hiya Mike yea they look nothing like the SSH i grew and was a custom to seeing people grow out for years if that is what is called SSH now clearly something has changed.

JetLife175

Veteran
Hiya Mike yea they look nothing like the SSH i grew and was a custom to seeing people grow out for years if that is what is called SSH now clearly something has changed.

Thanks for having a civil and honest discussion about this Hempy. Means a lot my boy.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It is nice to just have a conversation and not have it implode mate i do see from Mikes pics no way that is the SSH we all knew.

B

Benny106

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Wow nice work but damn.

JetLife175

Veteran
It is nice to just have a conversation and not have it implode mate i do see from Mikes pics no way that is the SSH we all knew.

It’s unfortunate but true. I really feel that if the line represented more of the clone that star crash has it would be a bigger contender in the market. I walk the line between legality and not so legal so I am seeing both sides of the fence, and I can tell you that where I am at the market is demanding high yielding Sativas like I’ve never seen before.

The legal market is bringing the sativa back into relevancy in the modern US genepool.

HAZENACIOUS

I’m still getting to know my female ...the seed mother threw sterile nanners inside under 12 and 12 , but outside in the natural sunlight in the natural photo-period She performed flawlessly.. still going almost done ... holding onto the clone obviously...

Hi Starcrash

Shanti used to say that a few days of sunlight can regenerate the genetics of an old clone, and the plants repair DNA, could be true of some older stressed seed, that's been grown indoors for generations, maybe you should take cuttings of that outdoor one or save bottom branches when you harvest dig it up repot it, and regenerate it for a clone line to preserve the sun's work..perhaps it has repaired itself in some critical way when it was exposed to the sun, if so this would be a realistic and practical example typical of epigenetic response to environmental factors.

T

TakenByTheSky

I noticed with the few I have going they behave much differently as clones than the original mother did. The original mother's grew slow as molasses where as the clones I've take have normal vigor.

lLucky

If anyone has some extra old school ssh beans let me know haha, I'm really not interested in whats offered today...

Beanhoarder had some good SSH in pure form years ago I grew but its been sold out for a long time