What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's Memorial Grow

HAZENACIOUS

At least HzA still lives through the NH. But I do regret loosing it prematurely. Worse was loosing the First Haze female. She was similar in type to HzA, but I suspect a generation earlier. In my mind, it was the Haze archetype. I should have put HzA to that plant. There wasn't anything sweet about FH (First Haze), like the progeny from HzA, she was spicy leathery and people would often recoil if they came into a room where you had been smoking it.
The Haze C was sweeter and generally a better breeding plant because of this, otherwise C and A were equal in quality. HzA hybrids could yield more. In the NH, HzC accounts for 50% of the genetics, yet the predominant good pheno is the HzA type.
Nevile quote
In the NH, HzC accounts for 50% of the genetics, yet the predominant good pheno is the HzA type.
Nevile quote

Nevile called haze 5 never haze C, and obviously he spoke differently depending on who he was talking to.
Hi JB,
As I stated,

To me he mostly called it "5 haze"

But I have heard him call it
" 5 haze C " sometimes when he needed to differentiate, like if we were discussing differences between haze A and C male for example. I have heard him refer to his NL5hazeC line as his C5 line, on several occasions.
Thank you for the Quote from Nevil.
I am familiar with it, he told me in no small terms that he chose to offer Haze C exclusively at the Seedbank, because it was clearly superior in producing hybrids, and most importantly he said the quality of the high was far superior. Much clearer. He said if someone was serious about breeding he always gave them 5hzC, and that the seeds he sold me were the very same, the best stock he had ever produced at the time in his opinion.

Last edited:

HAZENACIOUS

Nevil:
...In the NH, HzC accounts for 50% of the genetics, yet the predominant good pheno is the HzA type...
If you really understand what Nevil was trying to accomplish with his breeding, and his taste, then you understand that what he is saying above was a bit of a disappointment for him regarding his Nevil's Haze, the Haze C phenos are hiding in there but they are not so common as he had hoped, he was expecting haze C to Dominate but that turned out not to be the case. Genetics are a funny thing.

HAZENACIOUS

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts