What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see that guy all over Instagram trying to discredit Nevil's work just to promote his garbage as super legit and direct from the source.

I spoke with him for several hours a few weeks ago about it and he had no answers for all the direct quotes sam posted here at icmag.com concerning the Haze Neville got from Sam contradicting everything he stated.
It's a joke how some people want to completely bash his work but use it in every 1 of his X's and pair it with Original Haze and try and think all the magic doesn't come from the Nevil Haze ?
Why not just use the Original Haze if it's far superior or even anywhere as good as the Male for the Haze project hit to the 30 Females ? , especially as Neville and Sam both state Original Haze is best X than inbred , because Nevil Haze is the best Haze ever found and seen.
Also find it funny that only after he died does everyone start trying to discredit Neville's ( RIP)work , where were you when he was alive and still churning out more exotic Haze's ? , and reachable on MR Nice ?.

The reason why I spell it as Neville as that how it was spelled for 30 years by everyone Sam , Shantibaba and everyone else in the industry and that's how he will be known.
Go find every post from the last 30 years from everyone and that's how it was written. Yes I've seen his memorial and yes it says Nevil but the man we know as the King of the Haze/seed world is and will always be known as Neville ( RIP) to me and if that doesn't go down well with any of you just pass over my post.

Peace

bigherb

Veteran
Hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. Somebody else renamed it Diesel. 5HzC X Sk1Hz C was not as good as 5Hz1.

Quote from Nevil

I’m not sure where anyone got the idea SSH contained HzA

Nothing sold commercially direct from Nevil contained Haze A with the exception of Nevils Haze

1luvbigherb

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have grown SSH you will note the many Spicy Frankincense phenos also the Purple pheno which is extreme Frankincense not even 1 % on the pine/Church/ Lemon side of the Haze C.
It might of changed over the years but all the old MR mice ( yellow paper packs dated 2002 contain these phenos including the Purple pheno )
I still have 2 packs and will crack them this year looking for that famous Oldschool SSH the 2and best Haze.

I can not be sure of the lineage but they defo contain both sides of the Haze family
Spicy/ Church / Frankincense
Lemon/ Church / Pine

I rate these 3 Haze's as the best we have ever seen in my eyes and again my own opinion from growing for the last 2 decades and smoking even more all through the years in Amsterdam when Neville and crew were still supplying buds around town

1.NL5 Haze The holy Grail
2. Nevil Haze holy grail 2
3. SSH holy grail 3

I started growing NL5 Haze for my first proper Haze grow from Sensi seeds then moved onto Original Haze after falling for Haze and reading everything I could find to read and smoke all over Amsterdam and wanted to try the original.
I made F2 of both and many X's and have seeds still of both.
After growing and making many X's with the Original Haze I realised that I preferred the X's Neville had made and he had already done the work for me.
Dont get me wrong Original Haze is amazing and I prefer it to any Indica or Indica hybrid( only the exceptional original Haze not any old original Haze) but all the modern hybrids produce a far better ratio of winners . Like I say Original Haze is more landrace of the Original strains and breeds very true so after seeing and growing many original Haze and original Haze Haze hybrids you need to really hit the lottery to produce something as amazing as Neville did. And did Neville get lucky sure he did and he isn't the only 1 but man did he produce some amazing strains still around everywhe 30 years later and in everyone's breeding programs. Original Haze has been around for even longer but it didnt make the noise Neville's strains did and wasnt used by every company under the sun , yes Sam's Haze was used by Neville but he selected his own phenos and traits and that's what I see all over the world , not original Haze phenos.

Again people these are my own opinions so no need to try rip me apart just state your opinion in how you see it and we can have a good chat about Haze with my Haze brothers.
Respect to Sam and Neville and any player who helped build our industry to what it is today

Peace

Hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. Somebody else renamed it Diesel. 5HzC X Sk1Hz C was not as good as 5Hz1.

Quote from Nevil

I’m not sure where anyone got the idea SSH contained HzA

Nothing sold commercially direct from Nevil contained Haze A with the exception of Nevils Haze

1luvbigherb

Cannavore

Veteran
Whats the best gene pool to locate metallic haze terpenes? Solvents, woods, metals, incense, cat piss are the smells from haze that I love but dont know where to look for them.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My bad I meant the A5 not the A Male as that was known to die early on.
But Neville had his own plants females selected and that were like A Haze in female form and thats where all the Spicy/Frankincense comes from

AstroTHC

album.php

I found that purple pheno in Nl5xhaze SS it is exactly as you described.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dont post in here if you cant stand spelling mistakes ?
This is a Haze discussion not an English test.

My phone auto correct right words all the time to the wrong word

We here to talk about Haze not spelling and unless you cant understand it at all what is the problem ?

So many haters these days it's joke

Its 1 thing to pick apart the story we discussing but to keep bringing up the spelling dont you have any Haze input to ad ?
Or just Hate
Hempy,

Please go re-do the 4th grade so you can spell discussion. Embarassing.

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

Big herb...if youd be kind enugh...I read some wer you describing the nyc haze/frankies an nevil replied back to you that that was the description of haze-c...maybe you could post that. Haze-a is a dark very rotting putrid type smell..very lethery incense corpse like...its reminiscent of the old thais

herbgreen

Veteran
The reason why I spell it as Neville as that how it was spelled for 30 years by everyone Sam , Shantibaba and everyone else in the industry and that's how he will be known.
Go find every post from the last 30 years from everyone and that's how it was written.

My point was not how everyone else spells his name

Its obviously wrong

When he spells his own name 'Nevil'

It just gets cringe worthy after a while

I changed how I spelled it once I noticed how he spelled it himself

But you cant change just out of habit and because other people spell it wrong too ?...ok

And you dont want anyone to notice it Or say anything.....?

Its just like saying Jack Hererer over and over

He said it Jack Herer... what, he cant pronounce his own name?? Youre used to saying it that way? Everyone else says it that way?

Nevil cant spell his own name right? You want to spell it differently?

Next you will be telling us about all the fine clothing the Emperor Is wearing...:biggrin:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has been spelled like that for 30 years by everyone in the industry so no I wont change the spelling as that's how he was known.

Nevil ( RIP)is the real life person and Neville is his legacy and just because he has died and everyone else decides to call him by his birth name I dont need to follow the sheep , I can do my own thing and dont care how cringe worthy it is to you or anyone else.
If Neville asked me to then of course I would but that legend has gone to the skys with other world famous legends
RIP.

Like I said just scroll past my post or is that to hard ?
You can spell but you cant breeze past my post ?
My point was not how everyone else spells his name

Its obviously wrong

When he spells his own name 'Nevil'

It just gets cringe worthy after a while

I changed how I spelled it once I noticed how he spelled it himself

But you cant change just out of habit and because other people spell it wrong too ?...ok

And you dont want anyone to notice it Or say anything.....?

Its just like saying Jack Hererer over and over

He said it Jack Herer... what, he cant pronounce his own name?? Youre used to saying it that way? Everyone else says it that way?

Nevil cant spell his own name right? You want to spell it differently?

Next you will be telling us about all the fine clothing the Emperor Is wearing...:biggrin:

TheDarkStorm

Wat is it with randoms that keep popping up going on about spelling...wer on about haze and nevils work with haze..we dont care about spelling...cuz wer too bizzy buzzing off nevils hazes...maybe you should try some too...cus I assure you the last thing youll be worried about is spelling

herbgreen

Veteran
Its not about spelling really....

More about just like embarrassing and loss of credibility

You cant spell the dudes name But you know all sorts of inside info on what he did, who he knew, whats in his lines

And every other thing.....yeah, sure!

Fitzera

I dont understand why you're still going about this. Ojd has explained his side and what he is going to do. Done. Simple.

If you dont agree, that's on you and how you perceive the whole thing.

Had he been doing it as an uneducated fool, that would be something else. But he explained it. It's done.

Let's carry on with the subject of this thread

bigherb

Veteran
If you have grown SSH you will note the many Spicy Frankincense phenos also the Purple pheno which is extreme Frankincense not even 1 % on the pine/Church/ Lemon side of the Haze C.
It might of changed over the years but all the old MR mice ( yellow paper packs dated 2002 contain these phenos including the Purple pheno )
I still have 2 packs and will crack them this year looking for that famous Oldschool SSH the 2and best Haze.

I can not be sure of the lineage but they defo contain both sides of the Haze family
Spicy/ Church / Frankincense
Lemon/ Church / Pine

I rate these 3 Haze's as the best we have ever seen in my eyes and again my own opinion from growing for the last 2 decades and smoking even more all through the years in Amsterdam when Neville and crew were still supplying buds around town

1.NL5 Haze The holy Grail
2. Nevil Haze holy grail 2
3. SSH holy grail 3

I started growing NL5 Haze for my first proper Haze grow from Sensi seeds then moved onto Original Haze after falling for Haze and reading everything I could find to read and smoke all over Amsterdam and wanted to try the original.
I made F2 of both and many X's and have seeds still of both.
After growing and making many X's with the Original Haze I realised that I preferred the X's Neville had made and he had already done the work for me.
Dont get me wrong Original Haze is amazing and I prefer it to any Indica or Indica hybrid( only the exceptional original Haze not any old original Haze) but all the modern hybrids produce a far better ratio of winners . Like I say Original Haze is more landrace of the Original strains and breeds very true so after seeing and growing many original Haze and original Haze Haze hybrids you need to really hit the lottery to produce something as amazing as Neville did. And did Neville get lucky sure he did and he isn't the only 1 but man did he produce some amazing strains still around everywhe 30 years later and in everyone's breeding programs. Original Haze has been around for even longer but it didnt make the noise Neville's strains did and wasnt used by every company under the sun , yes Sam's Haze was used by Neville but he selected his own phenos and traits and that's what I see all over the world , not original Haze phenos.

Again people these are my own opinions so no need to try rip me apart just state your opinion in how you see it and we can have a good chat about Haze with my Haze brothers.
Respect to Sam and Neville and any player who helped build our industry to what it is today

Peace

Much respect to you and all your contributions, I’m very happy to still see Your passion of Haze burning strong . I recall that Nevilles Haze project you started awhile ago , I hope you can do another .

My only experiences with SSH were the available selections in Adam 04 -08 ... some better than others but from my recollection nothing like the Haze I know , nothing Incense type . The closest I’ve smoked in ADAM to NYC HAZE was HashplantHaze from green house Via south Holland.. next up is the Hawaiian Haze from if I recall abraxas ... This was my notes / opinion before learning these were select clones from the king of cannabis himself

Growing up we had Frankies and silvers these were the two first available Hazes I could aquire ... then later we had access to brown / green Etc Etc many different NYC Haze phenos .. the Golden / darker phenos were preference in my circle ... Frankies the most sought after ... After all these years I believe the NYC Haze to have been The 89 Nl5HzC or possibly NL5HzA from a direct sale and last possibly bagseed of 70’s Original Haze

As to Nevil Having top notch Haze hybrids and SamS Hazes never getting the recognition well , I can’t speak from first hand on Sams only on Mns strains . Nevilles Haze is the closest I’ve tasted to NYC Haze in 4 different phenos from if I recall 08 -09 Mns seeds

But I’m a very open minded guy and my opinion / I’d like to think of it in a similar fashion to underground musicians ... There is some Amazing talent , some undiscovered talent better than professionals , who have recognition and airplay because of there marketing and promotion team , but they never got discovered , so there is no promotion or minimal access to the talent

I think Nevils Haze males were Gold , I think the loss of the female was very unfortunate. I think his work still stands with the top strains of today . But I also believe , Thunk / skunk Haze / Original Haze all have some mind blowing Phenos that are top notch in many aspects. Especially Original Haze , clearly shown by some of our fellow Haze brothers such as Madmac / Johnny Chicago / lets not forget CBF

Soo now let’s also remember Nevils males came from Sams , Soo how can we downplay Original Haze in any way

Respect to All the pioneers who spread and preserved Haze in every and any way

1luvbigherb

F2F

How did you go in your quest with MH F2F i have found some interesting phinos in the F2s but no Queeny yet i know shes in there.

@Hempy - since I was turned on to it I’ve only tried MH on 3 different grows (guerilla here) with one success. But the one success has me wanting more. :dance013::dance013::dance013:

She had great hybrid structure, low leaf:calyx, and training her resulted in 3-4 dom colas each as long as my arm, total yield 1lb dried (out-yielded SSH). Chopped 2-3wks early (Nov 6) but reaked of fuelly mangoes, smoked liked sandalwood, clear creeping haze high. I used to open curing jars just to smell her jejeje.:biggrin:

At 38N i can’t finish her well so I try not to waste my beans until I can do her proper. Did get an impressive late male last year from which I’ve harvested and stored pollen. My situation is close to affording some indoor grows, but I’ll likely always include a couple MH seeds in the patch this spring just to smell her again.

Cheers
F2F

F2F

My only experiences with SSH were the available selections in Adam 04 -08 ... some better than others but from my recollection nothing like the Haze I know , nothing Incense type .

1luvbigherb

Just an interesting observation - I grew a pheno outdoors that was skunky (but nice lanky and yielding structure). After sampling a >1yr in the jar bud I realized it is complete incensey haze flavor and smell now!!

Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers
F2F

Status
Not open for further replies.