What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rip Ross Johnson (Lone Waddy) co-creator of gg#4

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Just heard he passed from the flu. A GoFundMe is setup to help cover costs.
I'll try to put the link up in a few.

R.I.P

bit.ly/Ross-Johnson-GoFundMe

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Ross Johnson, Co-Founder of GG Strains, Dies at 61
https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/ross-johnson-gg-strains-dead-at-61/

Johnson, co-creator of the Original Glue GG4 cannabis variety, passed away May 23.

May 29, 2019
Brian MacIver and Melissa Schiller
News State by State: Nevada
Ross Johnson, the co-founder of Nevada-based GG Strains, passed away May 23 at the age of 61.

Johnson, also known as Lone Watty, co-founded GG Strains with Don Peabody (aka Grizz), and the pair co-created the Original Glue cannabis variety (formally known as GG4), which won first place in the 2015 World Cannabis Cup and was part of a now infamous cannabis legal case.

“The industry lost one of the last straight shooters,” Cat Franklin, director of operations and marketing at GG Strains, told Cannabis Business Times. “He was an honest, honest man and it makes me sad that this is the one that has to go. We’ve got some big shoes to fill.”

Peabody’ and Johnson’s creation was initially named Original Glue 4, which prompted a high-profile trademark infringement lawsuit from Ohio-based adhesives company Original Glue. GG Strains settled with Original Glue and rebranded its cannabis varieties in September 2017, and the case has served as a warning to other cannabis companies to carefully consider the names of their brands and products.

In founding GG Strains, Johnson’s overall goal was to ensure quality and consistency for all cannabis consumers and medical marijuana patients by enabling them to receive the same high-quality genetics each time they purchase products, according to the company’s website.

“Being in the predicament that we are in, we are very fortunate to have two breeders,” Franklin added. “As much as I’m sad, I have to look at the positive and the positive is we still have Don [Peabody].”

A GoFundMe campaign was launched on May 23rd to help the family with funeral costs. Donations can be made here: bit.ly/Ross-Johnson-GoFundMe.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I met Ross a cpl year back at the Emerald Cup ... we traded some buds and conversation. Very nice fella ... RIP brother

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. Like the Roar of the Lion

del...

I am driving to Vegas in a few weeks and was trying to contact him when I learned the sad news this morning. Known this kind gentleman since 98 when he was selling those Pass-It kits and stayed in touch off-n-on through the years.

My sunny day has clouded over...he will be missed.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You truly were one of the good guys. Sad day.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RIP Ross, never knew him but much respect for blessing us with the glue.
Thank you Sir.
CC

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RIP Ross,
Condolences, prayers and light to family and friends,,,,944s2

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
The Flu, dam man......RIP

As a tribute to Ross and our community, all you old codgers either need to distribute your good genetics before you pass, OR go get a fucking FLU SHOT.