What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch coffeeshops - post your latest reviews here!

belgowiet

"frosin" it's just plain old hash-rosin from some standard Moroccan
Yes after 1g of that nasty shit , i had to buy a new dabnail..
it leaves a very dark residue in the nail thats almost impossible to get it clean , never ever had this before with bho/sho.

There is a few extractors around town
I was lucky to get a few samples of H3rby from a contact in the Dam.
but indeed a heard a few good things about Ambro :biggrin: still have to try from them..

I'm every 8 weeks or so in the Dam to drop a few things of .
so while im there i always do a little shopping :biggrin: just to see what other growers are doing - new strains etc...
the Dam its like my second home.:tiphat:

Amsterdab16

Yes after 1g of that nasty shit , i had to buy a new dabnail..
it leaves a very dark residue in the nail thats almost impossible to get it clean , never ever had this before with bho/sho.

As someone who used to avidly produce and dab hash-rosin, this is just something that happens. I don't know if it's necessarily indicative of "contaminants" in the hash (it happens with almost all hash-rosin I've made in my experience), but perhaps some sort of vegetative or "non-melt" matter that doesn't get filtered out in the process of pressing it. I think it's just a small residual amount and isn't as harmful as it looks, nonetheless it is one of the factors that drove me away from hash-rosin.

Funny enough though, flower rosin still leaves some "residue" on the nail too, not black and soot-esque like HR does, but still it leaves a residue nonetheless (almost like an "oil" colored "stain) – whereas the properly-purged bho I get (from Ambros, and the like) leaves basically no residue at all on the nail....

Btw the way excuse my ignorance H3rby?

pengaleng

Veteran
This is from my NYE trip. Nothing else stood out to me.

Scotts OG, Voyagers - nice but not outstanding
RWpi3Uk.jpg

SLH - Boer, my mate got this - pretty good batch
WhfeXjY.jpg

jARONi4.jpg

Kosher - best smoke of trip from Easy Times.
Di4koGt.jpg

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Amsterdam is a touristy town. If you check in other towns there is less of the "kid in the candy store" thing going on and a better quality experience all around. Club 69 in Maastricht was always my favorite.

pengaleng

Veteran
Yeah I know. On NYE it was insane - all the shops had ques pouring out. My mate got some Johnny Blaze for E18 from Green Place and it was crap. I has happy smoking hash.

Amsterdab16

C'mon Peng hi-jack this thread and put in the "quest for diamonds pt. 17" ACD-style! Nice to see back around these parts nonetheless (DeLekkersteNUGS16).

NotYourSaviour

Just back from the Dam and time for another update:

Green Place: Hashwise moroccan particulary brighty blonde and weed-like smelling 'Dom Perignon' for 14€ a gram was on, also moroccan equally blonde 'Cookies And Cream' for 18€ a gram. Not pressed at all.
Got me this Cookie as seemed better processed ; definitely foreign genetics involved.
Amazing skuff-like texture and feel ; was pretty much a pleasure to smoke so easy and rich as creamy on the throat. Greatest hash in those terms this trip:). Bummer it only gave a relatively mellow up-high(even in a bong). Outstandish nonetheless but still overpriced after all! Wish I'd chose that other one instead though as more smelly.

Grey Area: Between their very dark and pliable moroccan 'Skywalker OG Ice' for 14€/g and their classic moroccan 'Golden Soles' for 12,5€ a gram I went for the traditional. Did not have such type of hashish since a while. Trusted budtender gave me a good chunk for examing. Stone hard mostly very dark brown piece of resin which due to great spring weather got softer after carrying it around ; then it turnt to a sticky one. Pronounced taste and stony buzz. Nice one!

Also asked for a strong head high and eventually went for 'Greybone( Evergrey x Kosher Kush )' which set me back hefty 16€ a g. Bit of a scraggy type of bud structure again but kushy smell was there. Which also transfered to the taste big time. Really enjoyed the thick flavour and high was nice enough but again wished for more. No disappointment at all.
By the way their version of 'Gorilla Glue#4' looked better than Voyagers'.

Voyagers: inspected a couple of tubs which the names of escape me at the minute but went for their 'Gorilla Glue#4' which indeed was frosty like grass should be but a bit scraggy for my taste in opposite to pictures from overseas. However, full taste and stony high(could be stronger again).
Price was 15€/g. Recommended!

Siberie: Had some light brown moroccan 'Tropicana' which was 10€/g and the best buck for money this time, very strong body stoned and nice head high. Bit of a mongy state even. Taste was not traditional but as smell. Very good overall package.

Greenhouse, Barney's, Dampkring II, Bluebird, New Times, Original Dampkring, Bushdocter and Boerejongens had nothing on I fancied or haven't tried before.
Kadinsky took the biscuit as having 'Strawberry Banana Sour(sp)' for horrendous 19€ a g on offer which looked and smelt very, very average.
Also by chance ended up at Bagheera where they showed me their showpiece moroccan named Mango Haze for 14€ a g which looked similarily interesting to the one from Green Place for the same price but for some reasons I skipped it:biggrin:. There is always next time.

Last edited:

cheesyman95

Last weekend i went to amsterdam again and i was so dissapointed of the weed qualitys.
Some of it wasn't clean ,some were just low quality for a high price which isnt ok.

The only Coffeeshop where i scored good quality weed :
1e Hulp
lemon haze: super lemony sweet hazy taste for 12€
blue cheese : very cheese with a tick of sweetness in the aftertaste for 12€ also
s5 haze : i cant even remember , i was to high ;)

There were some kids from england who smoked moonrocks and almost passed out, before they left they gave us all their weed so we tested it also, everything was great this was by far my favourite one from all this time.

wasgedn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
1g each strain coasts 12€
funny thats the same price you have to pay on the street in germany for the better weed when not knowing the good guys...
[/FONT]

wasgedn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i guess s5 haze in coffeedhop is pretty cool for nowadays.....
over here the lemon haze has push out amnesia a bit from blackmarket...faster,more yield,more indica
i bet some pay same price for lemonhaze as for amnesia which is top price...5500 but mainly 6500 per k
[/FONT]

Tipunch

Just went at Voyager, Dampkring and Bluebird, caught some temple hash, chocoloupe, sage, gorille glue, trainwreck, Casey jones and allegria. My favorite smoke was Trainwreck. Honestly I was expecting to be more surprised by CJ or GG but TW stood out for taste, aroma, smell and high.

Was A Nice trip, ended at hunters, took A Nice orange juice and smoked like A train!!

Bluebird have A nice hash selection compared to others.

Cheers

NotYourSaviour

Just back from another trip to Dam.

Original Dampkring:

That moroccan Asli(14€/g)was indeed a classic blonde hashish from that area as the menu suggests. In fact best resin I picked up in town this trip:).

Blue Sea:

wanted to check out that place anyway at one point so it was handy it's located next to moroccan restaurant Mozo as I looked for a traditional moroccan dish but was refused elsewhere because of a family celebration going on so ended up here.
Even though the couscous was great apart from some so so mint tea and the place being packed I wouldn't go out of my way for returning here, bit too modern and expensive me thinks.

Anyways, Blue Sea is under moroccan management and down-to-earth owner in his sixties recommended Caramello(10€/g)and something else from his relatively big list of moroccan hashish to me.
Nice enough smoke and the basic place itsself is ok for a quick consumption but nothing more.

Tweede Kamer:

got me some Sketch Block(14€/g)from Morocco. This one is that type of black resin I posted about in the beginning of this year as someone just brought it from the Rif as well(and I know what was paid there as it was top-range price segment). However, Tweede's batch was way oilier and so really hard to work with.
Strength was there but overall impression is a bit sketchy indeed.

Bagheera:

Vicarious embarassment again as that supposedly hashish from Morocco was named Strawberry Banana(15€/g I think). Though I went for it just because it had a special smell. Very sweet and I can see why they used this lame suggestion. Definitely not tasted like those fruits though. Hashish itsself reminded me of those types of classic compressed moroccan still being very resinous if that makes sense.
This one here was obviously from foreign genetics and all in all wasn't too memorable. Nice enough smoke though.

Los Angeles:

another moroccan coffeeshop I frequent every now and then. Run down place but hey at least you can have a fresh moroccan mint tea and they use a proper size of glass for their servings here. Friendly mixed crowd of mostly local arabs and berbers and a bit of a stereotype place with excess of men but there are women going there,too. Owner recommended their light Super Pollen(7€)this time which also was nice enough.

Boerejongens:

Super Silver Haze Block was 9,5€ for a gram. Even though they have this rule of 'At least 10€ for every purchase' they only charged me for that very gram. How generous! Another supposedly light moroccan with foreign genetics. Nice enough smoke again.

Utopia:

Tried that gooey Kashmir Dream(20€/g)because of a bit of variation and all that and it was nice enough charas but a hell of a lot overpriced as usual. Mild uppish high and nice enough taste.

Greenhouse had some moroccan Critical Cream on the menu for relatively okish 10,5€ per gram considering their disgusting price policy and coffeeshops in general so this is really saying something about the availability of some of those new moroccans with foreign genetics.
Couple of years back this type could have been the Gelato from back in the day(crazy how times have changed in the last three to four years).
Especially this nice enough Critical Cream seems to be all over the place in the whole country and elsewhere(except for my neck of the woods of course) if you get my drift;).
Green Place taking the biscuit again this time(and many times in the past)as selling supposedly imported Gelato from the Usa for cheap 40€/g. Took a look at it and it indeed smelt different and looked promising. Not as promising as this would justify this insane price though but more like that this grass is at least looking like grass should look and smell like in opposite to many schwag grass sold at dutch coffeeshops these days for a now standard price of 15€/g and more(while still not be able to compete with it).
Wonder who's to blame here either those ruthless businessmen or customers 'cool enough' to fall for such nonsense:biglaugh:.

Kadinsky, Barney's, New Times, Siberie, Resin(shop should be renamed at that poor selection and quality), Bluebird, Katsu and Stone's had nothing on I fancied. Just realised I didn't get any grass this trip but am sure didn't miss anything at all;).

Spent some time for the very first time after the closure at De Graal which reopened as a bar about two or three months ago according to staff(didn't see many familiar faces though).
They also offer some french stuff like quiches, too.
All in all even though they changed a small bit about interior they in my humble opinion maintained the atmosphere of back in the day well, also spotted some regulars if memory serves me right.
Nice one:).

nattyroots

1e Hulp
Soma Haze - cheap at 10 - really well grown, no weird aftertastes. clear soaring high. lovely.

Lately i've noticed the Dutch tend to buy the cheaper weeds on the coffeeshops menu and at quality shops I find that to be a good deal strategy although I've been know to make a few impulsive purchases especially if Tangie is involved.

krood

I was there in january and the dr. Grinspoon from amnesia was the best i smoked. And it looked just like the photos with those giant spaced out calyxs. 21 euro/g but worth it imo. Bulldog was the worst out of all the shops as far as quality. But it was kindof convenient for me, so i usually just brought weed from somewhere else and bought a coffee.

Trippy how all the shops have different rules. Some you can only smoke behind a glass wall or back room. One told me i could just only buy hash or buds. Some didnt serve drinks, some did. Some had full bar, and some did not. And i went to one bar that i could burn inside of, but they didnt sell weed.

Dampkring was nice but crowded, there was one, i think it was grey area, had a line out the door. We didnt even try.

I dont smoke hash so i probably missed out, but i had a great time

Latest posts

Latest posts