What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Rosin(solventless hashoil)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i hope you don't mind comphashon, but i just had to post this pic of yours full size, it's so beautiful...

these pics are by comphashon:yes:

76681_005.jpg

76681_011.jpg

peace out:wave:

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
more full size pics from comphashon...

more full size pics from comphashon...

here ya go mate as you requested, my favorites in full size.

76681_035a.jpg

76681_039a.jpg

76681_041a.jpg

76681_050a.jpg

76681_052a.jpg

these pics were shot by comphashon

simple

comphashon are you still only useing 2nd or 3rd sift keef to do this? have you used 1st sifting? also after you spread the hash around and get a even coat couldnt you reuse the hash again for more rosin?

ps thanks for the great pics and great info

comphashon

hello out there i thought i would stop by and stick a foot im my mouth...ie...water hash rosin...i said in a few pages back that waterhash rosin wasnt as good or tasty...well i must admit the waterhash i tried it with in the past was not mine and well you can imagine it wasnt the best...i have since run a few water extractions of my own with good quality stuff...and well i'll say that if you got good hash water or not it will make superb rosin!!!and im sorry for slaggin the waterhash rosin....its the same old same old....start with crap finish=concetrated crap...start with good it only gets better!!!well here are a few pics of the waterhash and the rosin that it made...oh and that big bubble was about the size of a dime!!!!
thanks for all and again sorry waterhash!!!

c

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
haha, good to see you again compashorn, been missing your rosin thread and pics. hey dude are you coming to 420 in amsterdam? would be cool to meet the inventor of rosin. great little trick, which i still haven't gotten around to trying, lol.:joint:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Tried this with some moroccan hash and the end result was just like in those pics, just amazing, way to go!!!

G

Damn....these are some amazing pics. I cant wait to try this method out! Clever name too Comphashon. :)

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
just got done with my first & second runs with your method, great results but very small returns and nothing that looks at all whitish. ill be refining my methods

Papulz

Veteran
finished yet another run this evening before bed here, and achieved my goal of white looking flakes almost looks as good as your comphashon ;). anyway i took about 2g of 73u full melt bubble and did one run on it thus far turning out approx .2 of the craziest oilest stuff ive ever seen. had to break out the 3 screen set just to keep it from falling through immediately.

my question is this why are my returns so low?

just an observation, my first run ever yielded what i would call jelly as it was super sticky and behaved very much like pipe resin, however its similarities with pipe rez were purely physical... she melted through 2 screens for example. 2nd run i did ended up not yielding what i would call oil but rather fmcd, which is still terrific. the 2nd run was also rather puddy or jelly like as well but a little less sticky. then finally the 3rd run i just completed was like powdery and kept the texture of ridges from building up on the razor as i said it looked a bit like the razor shavings that are mostly white. i pressed these lightly into a little tannish whitish lookin bead. this bead is not in any way oily at room temp but as soon as its hit with flame it melts like buttah! im just confused by the fact that this final extract shows no real oil to the eye as the others very clearly did. I should note the 1st and 2nd runs i did originally were made with what i guesstimate to be 160 micron bubble, and the 3rd was 73u full melt bubble.
blame it on genetics and maybe variety in hash manufacturing or processing?

DoobyYooby

I've been using the technique with hash that won't melt. The rosin I make is top notch but I'm not getting the yield that compashon is either. Since this method relies on heating the resin mixture to a temperature high enough to release its essential oils but low enough to keep contaminates solid; what is that ideal temperature? Play around with the plate temp. and the amount of water you're using (if you're using a double boiler). Test how that affects yield and quality.

PS: Have any of you tried true distillation? I use a steam distiller that I assembled from a $600 educational chemistry kit and it produces a golden liquid that is as concentrated as I've had. Rosin is more conveniently formed back into a solid though.

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
yea i still would like to know the step by step process is there someone who can show me how to do it? i go some kiff id like to use and soon ill have much trim

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Can someone help me with the process?? i have about 8 or 9 grams of fresh bubble hash i made fom Strawberry cough trim(80 grams), i used a 3 bag kit and my 120 micron hash is very poluted, i wanted to make it into rosen. Can someone show me how to make it??? also can i use two pirex dishes? instead of the aluminum bowl double boiler method?? i could do the same thing with the pyrex dishes and i like to scrape on glass rather than aluminum! can anyone give me a little more detail? comphasions description is very cut and dry.

Again id like to clean the 120 u hash i made(wich has lots of polutants) and id also like to clean up the second runs of this bubble.

Pics of the material im using up soon!

Papulz

Veteran
theres not much to it my man, just get your double boiler set up with glass or metal (i have glass pyrex 4 qt) bowl and begin to boil water under it...

i get my bowl nice and hot and then remove it from the boiler placing it in a makeshift "bowlholder" i manufacture by using a bathtowel, this little holder is helpful to me because i can spin the bowl within the "cradle" of the towel and also avoid touching its still hot surface the towel also prevents damage to my table.

anyway we are at the point of having a hot bowl fresh off the boiler. at this very moment as it comes off i like to throw my hash in and start a rubbin. all you do here is rub your hash with pressure on the wall of your vessel.

youll know how much pressure to use because not enough will not produce anything and too much might cause sticky issues. anyway figure out what pressure you need to apply and rub your hash until it stops producing film OR you run out of vessel to film up OR your vessel cools down to the point where you cannot work any further.

as a note, you can always run the reformed piece of hash thats left after making rosin again especially when learning or when working with high qual material.

when you have completed rubbing and the bowl is cooled to a workable temperature, you can scrape the rosin off the walls of the vessel with a razor and enjoy it at your leisure.

adjusting variables here and there like temperature or all sorts of things can be done to better coincide with the nature of your hash. basically experiment a little if things dont go just right

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
cool i have pyrex dishes(ill get pics of them in aminute) here are some pics of the hash i want to use to make rosin

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
i used this method and the yeilds sucked..i got one nice hit worth of shavings wich MELTED nasty!! and the hit and taste was great...but i think im doing it wrong (either that or my 120u bubble hash was horrible quality), i looked at my hash under the microscope and i did notice alott of stalks in the trichome concentration!

can any one show me what im doing wrong?

Latest posts

Latest posts