What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Camdawg's Corner or Nights in the Dawg House

Camdawg

Hello ICMag! Recently signed up after years off the forums and some years off growing anything but those weird occasional hairs poking out the tip of the nose. Seriously, what's up with those and why are they always so long by the time it gets yanked out.....

Anyways, this grow diary will follow the adventures around the house and yard. Everything is still in a state of flux but winding down and coming together, although some stuff is still in boxes/ scattered around the soon-to-be flowering bloom room.

The nugs and bolts

STRAINS: OGKB, Wedding cake(?), 20+y/o OG kush, Bubba, and soon as I get everything set up and running Chemonade from Tru Canna, but those beans are still in their bag.

The cuts were all refugees from a now defunct GH that a friend hooked me up with. They were all unlabeled but I'm familiar with the strains although the wedding cake is somewhat of a guess based on the cuts they were running. Other possibilities include WBOG and grease monkey but I don't remember the GM ever getting purple tips.

As with most refugee plants these all came with a couple hitchhikers including thrips and spider mites. I'm proud to say after individually drench spraying each plant with Plant Therapy and examining under microscope I appear to be bug free. Weekly maintenance sprays in veg and first week of flower will be a SOP.

Medium: Promix, BM6, sunshine #4 whatever is available and cheapest.

Nutrients: Jack's 3/2/1, fulvic acid, tribus. Soon to include silica, if anyone has any input on using silica please feel free to speak up.

Bloom Room Setup: (2) HLG550 LEDs over (2) 4x4 trays, (2) layers of trellis, the first set ~14" above (9-13) 5gal pots per 4x4 tray. Still sleeping on how many plants to run per tray, but I keep coming back to 13 in a checkerboard pattern. I'm a big fan of heavy training through the lower trellis.

Veg Room Setup: (1) 8Bulb T5 over (1) 2x4 tray containing (24) 6" square pots, (1) 4Bulb T5 over (1) 2x4 tray containing (24) 6" square pots, (1) 4Bulb T5 over 2x4 tray containing (50) 4" pots, (1) 2' Single bulb T5' over single clone dome.

Plants that don't get used in the bloom room are given away or put outside to flower depending the time of year.

More pics coming soon until then here's how the moms are finishing up outside

Attachments

• IMG_20201009_114949.jpg
    IMG_20201009_114949.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20201015_094024.jpg
    IMG_20201015_094024.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20201016_222602.jpg
    IMG_20201016_222602.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201016124048136_COVER.jpg
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201016124048136_COVER.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 30

Camdawg

Sorry about the sideways pics, is there a HOW TO on posting pics on ICMag? Is it possible to put them in the text or only as a collection of thumbnails at the bottom? Sorry guys I'm still new around here.

Fixer

Sorry about the sideways pics, is there a HOW TO on posting pics on ICMag? Is it possible to put them in the text or only as a collection of thumbnails at the bottom? Sorry guys I'm still new around here.

To place them among the text you need to save them to "Pictures & Albums" under My IC. I'm not sure how many posts you need to access this feature. Good Luck!

Camdawg

To place them among the text you need to save them to "Pictures & Albums" under My IC. I'm not sure how many posts you need to access this feature. Good Luck!

Gotcha! I'll try to take plenty of pics as I hopefully finish the build out over the next 5 days and practice posting them within the text.

Lots of fun stuff to come in the next week. I think I've finalized my plans now just a matter of figuring out how to make it a reality.

Camdawg

Here's a quick photo dump/update!
Sorry the pics are sideways, I think I need to just start taking all pics horizontally, I'll do my best to remember. Until then please just turn your heads sideways as best you can. I am not responsible for any neck injuries that may occur as a result of head tilting.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Welcome. I usually make post with thumbnails. On desk computer, the thumbnail will become large when you hit it.

Camdawg

Welcome. I usually make post with thumbnails. On desk computer, the thumbnail will become large when you hit it.

Do they show up oversized on a computer? I just use my phone. I kinda feel like there was an exodus from forums and everyone went to instagram because it was easier to just post a quick pic. Sucks because forums are much better for archiving and discussion where things on IG are lost to the masses in a matter of minutes.

Camdawg

Here's a couple quick pics of the veg room. I'll be putting up the panda and final touches in the next week or so.

picture.php

picture.php

I'm seeing what I believe to be excessive nitrogen but it could be due to the heavy spray of Plant Therapy they got hit with on 10/16. I use Jack's pro 3/2/1 with filtered tap water. The tap comes in around 500ppm I believe. My ppm after mix are usually 1350 I ph down to 6.1 in veg and 5.8-6 in flower. Considering either bringing the ppm down closer to 1200 or doing a plain water flush every third feed. Any thoughts or opinions are more than welcome!

Camdawg

I see pics in the initial post but none in any of the other posts.

Well fuck, that's not a whole lot of fun to look at! Seems posting them as thumbnails is the way to go.... I'm not trying to be a dick or get myself in trouble with anyone in charge of anything but does it seem like this site is due for an upgrade? My website design skills are pretty weak and as outdated as myspace or neopets but I feel like a few updates could really do some good.

I'll repost pics in a second, gonna try to edit the posts so it's more fluid but I'm not sure I'm able to edit posts yet.

Fixer

I gave them a sideways glance and they look good to me man! Good luck finishing the build. :woohoo:

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't pull this off without your trusty sidekick. What's your dog's name?

Camdawg

Can't pull this off without your trusty sidekick. What's your dog's name?

Doesha dawg puptato tub tub! She is my pride and joy, had her since she was 6 weeks old and could fit in one hand. At least that pic worked! Question: are all my pictures showing up now that I made my album public?

Camdawg

Whew! What's up Mag fan, I've been working on the build out of the bloom room and other than how much I hate going to lowes it's coming together smoothly so far, we'll see what happens when I get everything plugged in, got a feeling I'm gonna have to get just a little creative with some electric.

In veg the nitrogen issue is causing some clawing and burn so I decided to skip jacks and cal-nit and fed (1g agsil 16h(silica), 1g epsom salt, 2ml tribus)/gal

pH after mix was 9.7 due to the silica, had to use 30ml pH down in 15gal of h²o.

Since I'm having what I'm pretty sure is a nitrogen overdose issue I checked the run off, pH:6.2 ppm: 1850. Going to water down my mix to 1200ppm in the future and see if that levels everything out, if that doesn't do it I'll go down to 1000ppm and work my way up if needed.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, more pics coming soon.

Fixer

So you're growing in peat moss. Have you grown in coco? If so how do they compare? That Promix is a lot cheaper than the coco I'm buying. :good:

Camdawg

So you're growing in peat moss. Have you grown in coco? If so how do they compare? That Promix is a lot cheaper than the coco I'm buying. :good:

I did coco once like 10 years ago. It was I think my second indoor grow and I was in a studio apartment. It came in a hard ass brick and the dude at the hydro shop told me I had to soak it in water and it'll plump right up. So being young and dumb I put it in the bathtub, I ended up fucking up the tub in my place and the plumbing in the lower floor of the building. So I can't really tell you how it went other than that. Tried a waterfarm, DWC and hated it, then I started learning about promix and Jack's pro hydro and haven't really looked back. I was actually going to ask about using jacks in coco as I was told that was a no no but I see people doing it.

Some thoughts on promix: the initial watering is a bit of a bitch, gotta make multiple passes to get it to soak. Peat moss is hydrophobic, the trick is to water it twice. First pass is just a quick splash to get it moist, second is the soak. I still have issues with the stem being weak at the base, I think I'm going to try placing my transplants more shallow, basically having the rockwool cube sticking out above the peat moss, also one of the reasons I'm adding silica.
Promix shrinks up when it's dry, I don't like it in fabric pots, the water just runs down the sides. Also the perlite loves to float to the top and find its way out of the pots and into the trays and drains so that can be a bitch. Other than all those things I don't like about it I love Promix because I find it simple and affordable. I always dreamed of having an aeroponic setup but then I remembered california has rolling blackouts along with every other problem active hydro comes with, I prefer a less to go wrong setup.

Fixer

I've never used bricks. The loose bagged coco seems really easy. I had only grown autoflowers in DWC before I started doing photos in coco. I initially had quality issues but even then the plants grew really vigorously.

Camdawg

I've never used bricks. The loose bagged coco seems really easy. I had only grown autoflowers in DWC before I started doing photos in coco. I initially had quality issues but even then the plants grew really vigorously.

I'm not knocking what DWC can do, it's a hot rod setup, as long as everything is in tune it's a beast. But I'll keep driving my Toyota getting my 30mpg.

Camdawg

Update Time!!!

So first off WOW silica is the tits! As I previously posted I used 1g/gal agsil 16H and in a matter of days my main stems seem to have doubled in size. These of course aren't actual measurements but I think it's a fair visual guestimation. Everything seems to be standing up a bit straighter and more ridgid. I think the 1g/gal is a decent enough dosage to use regularly but if anyone has any input it's always appreciated. I'm pretty pissed I've never used it in the past.

Outdoors the plants are almost finished, projected harvest is Nov 10th but with the bud worms eating away at my hard work I may harvest early, possibly the 1st. They've had two flushes and most are showing their fall colors. Which leads me to my current predicament: where to dry them.....

My dry room is in my bloom room, I know it's not ideal but due to spacial limitations that's the way it's gotta be for now. I think I'll be able to keep the temps in the blacked out drying section around 70-75ish and humidity shouldn't be an issue between a dehumidifier and my exhaust fan. The real issue I'm for seeing is bringing in plants from outside that I know have some bugs into my newly built bloom room. If my plants in veg weren't getting so damn big and unruly this wouldn't concern me much as I could just wait until the outdoor stuff was dried, bomb the room and then flower but if these veggers have to wait another 2-3 weeks they're gonna be 4' tall and no amount of training is gonna keep them down. It's possible I could dry my outdoor at a friend's place, looking into that tomorrow. Oh the pains of having everything in different states of progress. But as they say that's the waaaay she grows!

picture.php

Got her gangster lean on
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts