What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orient Express x CBD#1 - Test Grow

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Wow, flowers are almost dry and are coming out as a straight up very crisp woody pine.

Kissgardens

Wow, this looks fantastic. Nicely done Kalbhairav!!!

Hello all :)

My OE x CBD1 was harvested yesterday. I think it could of gone longer but it’s been quite a long time overall. I didn’t keep track but I think it’s probably around 70 days.

The smell is hard to place. Woody hash, sweet musk with just a very small touch of citrus right in the background. I was going to say incense but it’s probably not floral enough for that. Very nice subtle aromas throughout.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

As you can see, resin coverage is quite impressive. A lovely amount of heads that are quite small.

I’m really looking forward to this being a day brightening smoke. Nothing racy but just lifting the body and mind to sail through a dull winters day.

We’ll see...

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Some dried flower tops. Lots of resin on these :D

picture.php

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Looking lovely Syd :)

The aroma of mine reaaally carries. I have to be careful opening up the jars as it lingers for a good couple of hours after. Still haven’t tried her yet..

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
So I’ve had a little sample :)

This one is nice and light. Seems the CBD is definitely present throughout and leaves you with an uplifting feeling that’s humming away in the background. You can smoke this all day and does seem to focus the mind. Not sure it would be good before sleep though.

The aroma of mine has quite a heavy sharp solvent twist. I would say it’s pine terps mixed with something else - not very sweet.

I’m going to try a larger dose and see what happens then. First sample was pretty light just to get the essence of the flower.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your early smoke test Kalbhairav :) glad you find the effect pleasant and well focused.

It would be very interesting to bring samples to the lab to confirm the chemotype.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
This flower as been sitting for some time now in glass and smells pretty good. It’s a complex mix of astringent musk, pine and a little citrus. There’s sometimes a little chemical element to it too. It’s sweetened just a little more for it’s time in the jars.

The non everyday smokers who have tried it have noticed a light manageable high whereas those with heavy THC tolerance can’t feel a thing. I’m sure there’s a good deal of CBD present in the resin chemistry. The high is light and inspiring but with the relaxing quality of CBD.

I’m really happy with the outcome. One of my friends (who has a very high tolerance) is using it throughout the day time to lessen his tolerance.

It has been well received throughout :)

Looking forward to what others might find in these seeds. I will do another grow at some point to see if I can find a different pheno.

G

Thanks for the report Kal!

Mine is pretty ready I 'm just waiting for some ambers.I screwd the fade a bit but no biggie.

Really peculiar aroma,first was some peachy stinkbug,now it has some greasy rotten fruit with some orient exress essence...

zrAuHN7.jpg

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Yep, the smells are pretty complex. They shifted around a lot for me.

Looking forward to your thoughts Syd :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Syd! Looks great, and her terpenes sounds like a delicious mix of both parental lines :yummy:

Thanks also Kalbhairav! Very happy to hear your Orient Express x CBD #1 seems to carry good amounts of CBD and that your harvest is being well received among your friends :huggg: