What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I'm kinda leaning toward 4-5 outdoor plants, I'm probably gonna try a few of those totes, around 17.5 gal and see how it goes. Do any of you guys doing any backyard grows?? Ive had the plants start to flower early sometimes. I dunno if I should put them 16hrs

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It's starting to get that feel outside!!!! It's about time to get some stuff outdoors. Since I've got a few plants and clones vegging should help. I'm definitely gonna get at least 1 20gal tote for this Key Lime x Dos. And I'm thinking of transplanting the Auto NL outdoors in a 5gal bucket. Maybe transplant today and wait about a week and put her out. I've also found another place I can probably get a good size plant. I'm looking for places to put a few guerilla plants here and there. Last year I needed some water crystals I couldn't keep enough water to the guerilla site. And 2018 was a wash out but still managed to get a decent harvest. If I do any plants I can't tend to weekly I might add a few water crystals.

It's just now time to put plants out in my opinion. Guys around here want to start putting plants out in Feb lol, In the ground or a small 2gal bucket and it cold and wet, possible snow. So like that Davesgarden.com website gives you like the first and last frost dates on avg. And it's usually around April 15- Oct 15, but could probably go til early Nov. We just never know what mother nature will give us each year. The KISS method works outdoors also lol. Just use a big enough container, I've used 5-10gal and did real good last year. But most were containers I tended to daily

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
picture.php
picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm already thinking could you cut that tree down?? Or can you get enough light around it?? Nice area you got there, glad you shared. I've avoided getting washed out today again. Seems like last year it was to wet early on like mid late April and my plants were small and drowned out. But I'm definitely wanting to get this NL auto from Female Seeds out first in a 5gal bucket, then do me a Key Lime x Dos in maybe the 20gal tote i was gonna get. I've got some good clones I could put in a 10gal grow bag. Or just use my famed 5gal buckets. I don't know if anybody remembered how BOG done that elevated potting method but I'll do that sometimes if the 5gal buckets are root bound, I've got a pot the same size, say 5gal, I'll just put me about 3gal of mix, or if it's really early before flowering you'll want to transplant the 5gal buckets if your plants are big, into at least a 10-20gal pot. Kinda excited about this Auto, I'm not expecting much, just more so wanna watch them cycle.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ive definitely got a few good clones in solo cups i could transplant me about 3-4 of those. The previous years i started seeds later both years exactly. Because the early plants got washed out last yr. But I've got some great clones I could maybe find somewhere to put!!! I Just got everything for my chainsaw, I need to cut a few trees and small stuff that makes a super thick under brush you can't get any breeze of wind. I definitely gotta get some of the under brush, that stuff will over take you in these Appalachian Mts. It's just real thick, dense forest. But thinning out the under brush a few hundred yds up your hill usually helps. And if you had a pesty tree last yr that kept blocking the sun, you might wanna consider now A great time to fell a few trees that's blocking late season sunlight. What's got me is my plants get that morning dew and don't see sun early enough. But it's not bad, you can work with it!!!!

yardgrazer

Last year I put a handful of plants up in a way more conspicuous place that had the benefit of being up above most of the morning valley fog. This year I'm gonna chance the fog.

Realized the last four or five mornings that the front hall of my house stank, decided I'd best put plants out in an unheated outbuilding before my wife notices. Ballast is in there with them and lights run most of the night, so I'm hopeful they'll make it through unscathed.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Last year I put a handful of plants up in a way more conspicuous place that had the benefit of being up above most of the morning valley fog. This year I'm gonna chance the fog.

Realized the last four or five mornings that the front hall of my house stank, decided I'd best put plants out in an unheated outbuilding before my wife notices. Ballast is in there with them and lights run most of the night, so I'm hopeful they'll make it through unscathed.

You should be fine, my indoor grow can get down in the low 60s-high 50s if I don't have my Ink-Bird thermostat hooked to my lil heater. Of course it's not ideal, but should be fine. Just always watch for hermis and you'll be fine

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I seen a guy awhile back that had plants in the tree tops, it was on YouTube I'm not sure if it's still there

yardgrazer

Dunno if you saw it, but there was some guy recently who posted contemplating attempting just that, treetop growing. He was in some European country that was super harsh about cannabis.

I've had mature plants make it through lower temps through that, we shall see what happens.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yeah that's it man!!!! That's not one of you guys is it??? I'd have to brag about my fat ass getting up there lol, even in a illegal state

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

It was damn near drought conditions and I was getting mold on the fat buds late in flowering. I sprayed Greencure on them, that's the only thing I've ever sprayed on buds, I really keep a rule of that, but the Greencure did wonders.

dufous

Treetop Grow 2016, GreenMachine. Takes him three minutes to get up the tree before you see the grow. There's no commentary and no editing. He just turns on the camera and let's you follow him around.

I seen a guy awhile back that had plants in the tree tops, it was on YouTube I'm not sure if it's still there

therevverend

Veteran
Back in the day we'd do tree top grows in Washington state. The perfect place for it. Not surprised there's still people doing it. A lot of watering but the probability of detection is low.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Dunno if you saw it, but there was some guy recently who posted contemplating attempting just that, treetop growing. He was in some European country that was super harsh about cannabis.

I've had mature plants make it through lower temps through that, we shall see what happens.

Sometimes you gotta go to extremes for cannabis. It's definitely not legal everywere. Just like that guy in the treetops. One wrong move and hes a goner. So be careful friend I'd hate to see you get hurt ok?? But it's rough trying to find grow space sometimes

therevverend

Veteran
Sometimes you gotta go to extremes for cannabis. It's definitely not legal everywere. Just like that guy in the treetops. One wrong move and hes a goner. So be careful friend I'd hate to see you get hurt ok?? But it's rough trying to find grow space sometimes

Definitely a game for the young, I can't see a lot of old guys climbing trees all summer. In general you don't want to try guerrilla growing if you're terribly out of shape.

My buddies were tree guys already. They stuck one up the giant sequoia at the Washington State Arboretum, they'd climb up there anyway to smoke joints. Kind of like putting a house plant in your living room. One night they dragged me up there, brought their climbing gear and harnessed me in. Pretty cool, hadn't been that high up a tree before. I've gotten high up in trees but I probably wouldn't have gone that high without the gear. Night made it easy, the tree envelops you and you don't feel like you're a hundred feet off the ground.

Latest posts

Latest posts