What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Az marijuana laws will never favor nor benefit you.

Drewsif

It's time to wake up, and quit wishing and hoping. Az marijuana laws will never favor the home grower or private purchaser.

The current setup in place assures it will never happen. The DHS will not let the Medical program vanish without replacing it something to fatten their pockets even more. Has anyone wondered why the prices of garbage quality "medicine" have been so high in AZ? Are dispensaries like Trumed, still retailing $17 grams (plus charging the customer their business transaction fees) building new locations, paying their bud tenders more? They've paid off everything, can outright buy a dozen buildings with their income. Where is that non-profit money going?

Its harder to take from these people once they already have it. Name one industry whos players are happy with zero or god forbid negative annual growth. There are none. This includes the corrupt state agencies taking payments from these dispensaries fo keep things favorable to them, the corporations.

Do you expect adhesive backed tax stamps to be given out for free? Just stick them on your baggy and you're good to go? No. Legalization is regulation, the amount of money that goes towards tax enforcement under corporate pinned legalization measures insures that untaxed weed becomes a bigger target than it is now. The Mmj database is nothing more than the forerunner to the tax tracking database. People have already been cited for possession of Cannabis, where the database shows zero taxed purchase. Its the whole reason for the database. The 2.5 oz limit is calculated on sale vs resale probability: getting the most pot sold at retail with the smallest amount resold privately.

Weed isn't legal under corporate legalization. Buying taxed weed is legal under corporate legalization. Its not legal to possess, without a tax stamp. Its not legal to grow, without a grow license. Its not legal to sell without a sales permit. Selling it is just as if not more criminal than it is now.. Unless you want to get get involved in licensing? Win the dispensary lotto? Whatever "riff-raff" sorting measures are applied to keep YOU AND ME out of the weed game? It will NEVER be in the individuals favor. I dont care what show vote is put forward. I stopped believing the legitimacy of ballots a long time ago. Its all just a rigged game, a show. Just like all politics. The corporations get what they want, no matter how they have to pull it off.

----------------------

Between the dates of 7/1/16 & 1/18/17 AZDHS had 5.5million in MMJ program expenses. This money comes from MMJ cards,and dispensary licenses, no where else. Itemization reveals numbers such as:

1.6million to U of A, supporting research/training programs for EMS, First Responder, and Marijuana Poison control. (A Google search could provide the same info needed for Marijuana poisoning!)

150k for temporary employment (??)

50k for "advertising" (advertising what? Job listings filled by imaginary people?)

650k to legal teams (are they getting sued on the regular or what?)

750k for computer consulting services (this program has been on its feet for years! What consulting takes place this far in?)

250k indirect cost transfer (N/A ascribed)

100k to Phoenix (small bribe to single office to reject all requests to ban dispensaries/grows?)

100k to Tuscon (another periodic bribe to allow these dispensaries when the conservative
population wants them out of their neighborhoods?)

22k in state travel. (to what events? Meetings with dispensary owners?)

15k for "edibles" (ok, so they are spending your taxes to get high on their day trips?! Not even hiding it!)

The bulk of the rest is NOT for employment, rather it is comprised of data analysis along the lines of database information conversion, seemingly unrelated to the purchase tracking systems. What other systems are their? Why would the DHS nees geographical/hydrology datas?

------------------

Keep in mind there is ZERO regulation against the dispensaries grow facilities. They can have as many as they want, wherever they want them, as long as the bribes have been paid. They can use whatever pesticides and additives they desire, in any amount. They are supposedly required to disclose, but that is a joke. There is no testing, because in the words of the former director "It would raise prices too much". This is a market where prices have nearly cut in half overnight, after the review sites became flooded with complains, once people saw how much more AZ was paying than other states. I doubt the dispensaries were ever suffering so hard, with 20 dollar grams and the lowest taxes of any MMJ program, that they could not implement testing. (+25-50 cents a gram would have covered it) You will NEVER take this freedom from these producers. Money and corruption proclaims it.
No vote, no lobby, nothing will take from the monopolies free reign.

The entire marijuana program in AZ is and always will be a corrupt fraud. Its not only AZ. All the states are getting ideas from each others programs, its all just a test for corporate interests to see the best way to pull the scam off nationwide, the politicians just need their pockets padded along the way.

Do you think you'll ever be able to afford licencing for private home growing, and be able to grow enough to profit, enough to feed yourself and pay the fees at the same time? Don't kid yourself. You'll have to sell out to Phillip Morris,, and smuggle out dumpsterweed. Get fired for stealing seeds and narced out by your employer. I say PhillipMorris, referring to whoever the green equivalent will be as these monopoly entities consolidate under the same umbrella. Dont believe it?

Harvest dispensaries, the worst bud I've ever seen, (and only dispensary Ive walked out of not even curious enough to make a purchase) owns 7% of the "lottery" issued dispensary/grow licenses in AZ. SEVEN PERCENT. These entities will continue to consolidate through the various loopholes offered to them by outside management (a business expense, a loophole itself for the dispensaries to funnel money out of the current non-profit program)

These conglomos are not going to give up their pie. You cant even have a slice. You dont even get crumbs. You just get to smell it from the window, and it all smells like shit to me!

OZZ_

Veteran
So no chance of getting small plant count home cultivation approved on the Ballots? I don’t live in AZ now, but lived in Flag from 2011-2016 during the time it was legal for medical growers to home cultivate, and also when it became illegal again due to the 25 mile dispensary rule. We are moving to Phoenix in October.

I heard the ballot had a 12 plant per household home cultivation limit in it? Maybe this is untrue? You don’t think a small plant count of home cultivation will get passed??

It's sad that arizona doesn't love cannabis -- there are always constant terrorist threats from landlords about it ---- I lived in Oregon and it was great -- now unfortunately I'm back in arizona because of the weather --- I should be in so cal instead -- or maybe south Nevada

I really can't understand all the hatred for this plant that I love so much

I had my hopes up for legalization in 2018 - that never happened - I've heard a rumor that they're going to try again -
I get sick of waiting on arizona to be cool - I get my hopes up and say I'll stay another year to see what happens - it's a waste of life

I don't really want to be around a bunch of people who call me a criminal and hate what I love --- I think all states that are against cannabis should be boycotted

of course they wouldn't care if I boycotted them - they would just look at it like the riff raff has left - it sucks because I really want to live here - but why would I want to live somewhere where I'm not welcome ?

If I wanted to grow cannabis - I would be one of the most discriminated against people in the world

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Legalized cannabis does not have the user or home grower on their mind.

Cannabis is being incorporated and will never serve anything but the almighty dollar.

The war on home growing is a real one.

Are you in the fight?

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I'm in it for the fight! Been growing this beloved plant for 20 years. Fuck any govt agency or root aphid who wants to stop me:D

OP

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Government is in the business of controlling it's subjects. When you are free to grow your own, they are irrelevant and know it. It is a fight all over the world.

I would try a building a small secret chamber in my home. Panic room but used for pot growing. Tell no one. I realize not everyone can do that.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Government is in the business of controlling it's subjects. When you are free to grow your own, they are irrelevant and know it. It is a fight all over the world.

I would try a building a small secret chamber in my home. Panic room but used for pot growing. Tell no one. I realize not everyone can do that.

Good point here!

A disturbing trend seems to be vote to legalize then go back underground.

I suggest this is just handing cannabis over to corporate cannabis.

Legal cannabis where you need to hide....that just seems like more of the same thing we had.

Who the fuck wants that shit.

I have heard high times is going for a dispensary monopoly here in Detroit.

That will benefit the user, right??:biglaugh:

Do you think they will then lobby to ban home growing to gain market share?

You know they will, it was already tried once by a different group.

The war on home growing is real.

They have already tried to convince the public it is dangerous.:laughing:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
North Dakota is charging $34 to $37 a gram ! That's over $16,000 A POUND FOR MEDICAL !!!!!!!

The street value is $2,400 a pound. Two doctors in the state are finally writing medical cards. They are so busy it's ridiculous. You need the card to carry your street weed.
The same 5 lobbyists out of Chicago and New York run and own everything in the State under two different names. No tax revenue is being generated beyond the first sale. All profit is leaving the State.

Home growers have to be able to participate in local markets. Plain and simple .
Peace farmerlion

shaggyballs

Veteran
North Dakota is charging $34 to $37 a gram ! That's over $16,000 A POUND FOR MEDICAL !!!!!!!

The street value is $2,400 a pound. Two doctors in the state are finally writing medical cards. They are so busy it's ridiculous. You need the card to carry your street weed.
The same 5 lobbyists out of Chicago and New York run and own everything in the State under two different names. No tax revenue is being generated beyond the first sale. All profit is leaving the State.

Home growers have to be able to participate in local markets. Plain and simple .
Peace farmerlion

Here they pay 16-2000 an lb and sell as you have stated.
Legalization = greed

That is why I said to vote no if the plan is not right.
But folks wanted to buy store bought weed.

You can have your $30 a gram swag with flavorings added...WTF?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Shaggyballs, I fully agree. This is one more reason people need to enjoy learning how to grow their own cannabis.
Growers can get together at senior centers that need supporting. Selling their flowers (buds) on weekends and split the cost of one security guard at the door checking identifications.

The money stays local and the economy actually is strengthened from within not another welfare program adding debt. The State pays for any testing they want to perform. If you get caught using pesticides, herbicides or hormone supplements.
1st offense $5,000 destroy your buds.
2nd offense $10,000 fine destroy your buds.
3rd offense $50,000 you lose your right to compete in a free and open market.

For those people all about synthetics? You will never produce more bud with synthetic fertilizers, than you will planting one more seed.

Let that sink in a while. How much do you spend on fertilizers???

How much does one more seed cost???

Good talk
Peace farmerlion
MedDakotabis

Dr. Dank

Haven't logged in here in forever. Please vote Yes on 207. Any amount of weed in az Is still technically a felony if you don't. Have medical card. The bill includes expungement for previous convictions.

roybart

won woohooo
Prop 207 also known as the Smart and Safe Act, was approved by the voters, didd legalize the adult recreational use of marijuana, specifically by allowing adults 21 and older in Arizona to possess up to 1 ounce (28 g) of marijuana (with no more than 5 grams being marijuana concentrate), and to have up to 6 marijuana plants at their home (with up to 12 marijuana plants in households with two or more adult members).[1] It would direct the state Department of Health Services to set forth rules for retail marijuana sales by June 1, 2021, allow marijuana to be subject to state and local sales taxes like other retail items, and would impose an additional 16% excise tax on marijuana products, with the revenue being split between the state government agencies responsible for activities relating to the act, highways, community college districts, police departments, and fire departments.[1] The initiative would provide that employers may still adopt "drug-free workplace" policies and restrict employees' and applicants' use of marijuana, and would provide that the initiative does not permit marijuana use in public spaces.[1] The initiative would establish that the possession by an adult of more than an ounce (28 g), but less than 2.5 ounces (71 g), of marijuana, is a petty offense.[1] The initiative would prohibit the sale of marijuana products that resemble a "human, animal, insect, fruit, toy or cartoon" and would set forth penalties for possession of marijuana by minors (which, for a first offense for possession of under an ounce of marijuana, would be a $100 fine and drug counseling).[1]
The proposition enacted by voters, would impose a 16 percent excise tax on cannabis. The first share of revenue would be used to enforce state cannabis regulations, then the remainder divided as follows: 33% for community colleges, 31.4% for police and fire departments, 25.4% for a highway fund, 10% for a justice fund, and 0.2% to the state attorney general for enforcement

MCGold

I wish States would take into consideration the difference between flowering and vegetative states. They should allow home growers to have the "max amount" in flowering while still allowing the "max amount" in veg. in that way once the flowering cycle is over you can put in the next batch. This is not including seedlings either to replace the ones in veg.. Seems they are more worried about $ than growers getting hamstrung by not well thought out laws. The laws should be made by Jon Q. Public and not commercial growers trying their damnedest to keep people paying outrageous amounts of $ per gram for those that will never grow or cannot grow due to rental problems or those that truly cannot grow to having bad luck growing plants. Just my $0.02.

XxHammer

I am very happy Prop 207 passed but I am still appalled by all the greed in this industry. Prices for medical users are insane and unreasonable. Which is what has gotten me into Cultivation myself. 12 plants isnt a lot but it is enough to at least sustain my personal use.

What I am unhappy with are the Employment protections for Medical Marijuana users. All companies are hiding behind this "Safety Sensitive," clause which basically covers every single industry from fast food to warehouse work to daycare. Its pretty sad.

When Medical Marijuana patients actually get some employment protections, then we will be winning in Arizona.

I was recently denied and black-balled from 3 jobs before finally gaining employment recently. All 3 positions were warehouse, packaging- type jobs so definitely no "safety sensitivity," involved. But they managed to bar me from employment based on THC metabolites in my system. Luckily I was able to change career fields and gain employment but it was a very scary and frustrating process to be denied job after job solely because of my marijuana use.

Yacub

Thanks for your post. I couldn't agree more. l'm an Arizonan. Though growing cannabis is legal here now, commercially it's completely biased towards jillionnaires. Peasants can't do it. There's mandatory jail time now for any of us who tried that anyway and got caught.

What l'd like, myself, would be the six-plant limit for home grows to be raised so l could do more breeding. Oh well. I'll continue to be legal, 6 plants and no selling or 'exchanges of value.' It's a trip when you grow w/o a profit motive.

Latest posts

Latest posts