What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Cannabis?

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Bluehemp Nepali

picture.php

J-Icky

Like this?
View Image
View Image

"Stay away from the black grass, it will steal your soul and deliver it to the man with the snakes on his head!!! “ LOL :D

I was given bud that looked like that once. It was an 1/8th and when I first got it I just politely thanked the guy for giving it to me and tossed it in a box. It wasn’t for another 3 months til the guy showed me pics of his plants that I finally tried it. I honestly thought it was molded or something was wrong with it to be solid black like it was but nope just the genetics. The high wasn’t anything special, kinda racy in a jittery way, but other than that nothing memorable.

They guy ended up cutting out those plants the next year as he said no one liked it that much. He never did say what exactly it was though.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Gorilla Zkittlez in the back is about as dark as my F13s...

Cheers & take care,
CC

Nice plant. Forgot about the Vietnamese black.
I’ve had Colombian and Jamaican(may have Colombian by way of Jamaica). It was strong herb both times.
I think the black is a rare gene trait from the old strains
I’ve a very dark purple plant that when dried looked black.

lLucky

I've been wanting to acquire genetics that legitimately turn very black for a while now.. specifically 'African Black Magic'.. no luck yet

romanoweed

these are pretty black. I think these two Pics show it bit clearer.
When i went to the spot, i was almost shocked, looked that strange.. I seen purple plants, but these were, like between purple and black. They kind of reflect so few light, its like you look into shadow.

Its purple/black on these, eactly in the middle of purple and black
picture.php

picture.php

romanoweed

This Thai-Pic here is not from me.
I see, this has a perfect black hue, but doesent seem to cover the whole Plant at that moment.

picture.php

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I do all my outdoor plants indoors once, to see what they do. Seems an outdoor thing. I have done many of my strains through consecutive seasons so have an idea of what to expect. One particular year stood out, where all the plants were a lot darker than usual. 2016 perhaps. It's always later in the season as the cooler nights roll in. Late August. Any earlier and the colour will progress through the plant further. One that one year, completely for the black pheno is the Friesland Dew. Only the most sorry looking light green stick of an indoor plant didn't turn at all. Actually, it may of been the stick.

The Red Purps was a solid performer in this regard.

romanoweed

Ok, trying to show accurately how black it looked, i realized last two vietpics were bit dark, cause it was dark weather..

i tried to brighten it to the point it still doesent looks too processed. Again, its not black, but right betwen PURE purple and PURE black. defnitly some shade darkness in it, no question

picture.php

picture.php

In the first pic, watch the Budheads. If i stood there, looked onto it was really like looking into a shade. Very strong Lightabsorbion.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
miraculous meds said:
I do know that a strain ive been running for 10 years turns 30% purple under 11/13 instead of the 12/12 that I have ran that whole time with the same strain.

This is very interesting. I'm open to the idea that weather patterns could move the date when light hours get short enough. Due to cloud or mist. For the date of on-set does move. Maybe a couple of weeks sometimes. But is set within a window soon after 12/12