What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Cannabis?

Syd

ICMag Donor
i gotta admit, that is one of the most unique purple indica doms i've ever seen .
who's version of purple indica? from a seed bank or private breeder?

I dunno. It's a long time Nspecta doesn't pop here. Do a search in his posts and take a look at his old gallery.

esben, now thats the stuff bro!!! who did those beans? the gg/afghanslam i mean.

wow, how could i have forgotten about the Leb27??!?

my prize boy

LEB27_2010_2.jpg

LEB27_2010.jpg

feel free to view the full size and zoom in..... he really is impressive and the pics dont do full justice.... go trichome hunting in those pics... i do all the time :D

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I dont know if this has already been mentioned, but why does it seem to me that most purple or darker strains never seem to have the kick green strains have or the yield potential? Could be just my experience, so correct me if I am wrong.

TGT

TGT i think you are right for the most part.
i think many of the common purple genetics that were used in main stream breeding were not the best potency.

i almost get the feeling the genetic trait that = purple from cold temps, is typically less potent than the genetic trait of Purple Regardless of temps.
that is just an observation from my growing and reading, no scientific backing.

i hope Lala doesn't get mad... :)
IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2462-1.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

that looks fuckin killer to me man :) ... and i'm PRETTY sure thats the non-temp reliant genetic trait, but i'm not positive. Lala, are you lurking around and able to answer that Q?

zenoonez

Veteran
Did mosca find a black pheno of c99? I swear I thought I found a picture of it in this thread.

WelderDan

Veteran
I smoked some weed in the 70's that was purported to be African black. A guy I knew stole a pocketful from his older brother. It was black, and looked kinda like brick weed. Actually, it looked like a clump of dry shit. It was expando all the way, very potent and very strong smelling. Never seen anything remotely like it since.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I have a strain that goes completely black once into flower, calyx and leaves. But unfortunately I do not know the lineage and cannot easily replicate the trait.

If you're looking for guaranteed purple/black genetics, I suggest looking into any Pakistani Chitral. Google Chitrali #1 and you'll find what I'm talking about.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
In 93 I scored some "Purple haze" in Grasshoper Coffeeshop in A'dam, and was lucky to find a seed in the packet. Grew it and ended up with a black plant, which finished 1st week of september, so the color was not due in any way to cold weather.
Pics below were shot in direct sunlight, but the color just absorbed any light hitting the leaves.

Irie !

stashpot

The only time i ever seen black leafs was on NYCD grapefruit pheno
but this girl is lost its funn too because around 2009/2010 was around the time i had this girl

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Blueberry went pretty much black when grown in a greenhouse... but that was due to the cold.. harvested in November
picture.php

picture.php

VG

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
There is a picture, I believe in the Breeder's Bible or perhaps one of Cerventez' books, of a black-leaved cannabis plant from Europe. The leaves are seriously so purple they look black.

Doesn anyone have a lead on seeds for this strain?

Like this?
picture.php

picture.php

"Stay away from the black grass, it will steal your soul and deliver it to the man with the snakes on his head!!! “ LOL :D