What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

popular male clone only's

Booyah!

I've been selecting my own males for many years now. To the point that I almost guarantee I won't like the way other breeders males act. I like mine to show extremely late. I don't even wanna see balls til July outdoors. Late! On top of that I have become extremely picky with what terpines the males express. Ill try and take pics of a few winning males I found this year

LizardMan

Late to the party but Booyah! What's the reasoning for wanting very late showing males outdoors... I was about to post a thread about this kind of thing...probably still will...

B

Benny106

My guess would be that late showing males favour drug traits rather than wild, but i would also like to know what the deal is.:lurk:

vanilla dutch

do u find any problems with seed making when using late flowering males and early females and vice versa, Bean? just curious

B

Benny106

I have no data, but always went under the impression the first males to drop arent the best. But this could also depend on the genetics, id like to chemotype test a bunch of males from a multi use var and drug vars together, maybe some hemp and see the spikes and the droopy bollocks.

B

Benny106

B130?

Here is a Rasoli male in my kitchen, soon to be joined by a congolese. They get morning sun there, i want to see if they can over winter essentially on a windowsill. Maybe make a few hybrids, all a bit of fun.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG-20201006-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20201006-WA0002.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 44

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
DJ said he culls the earliest males. So I have always done that myself, admittedly just because DJ said so haha. I like males from DJ's lines. Your results are typically as expected, with the males adding color, speed, and goodness to crosses.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
SFV x Gorilla breath male from Chunkypigs genetics. This male passed on the structure, potency, and the amazing pancakes and syrup flavor. Sadly lost all the plants and seeds in a fire.

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
B

Benny106

picture.php

Kinda left it a day or three too late to harvest these studs, there are multiple open flowers they make such a mess when you touch them now.

Going to do my best to collect as much as i can with a trim bin later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Booyah!

I choose them late because the later males are more stable and also have better terpine complexity or at least that's where you'll find them. It doesn't water down the parent that way either. I found an amazing male this year. My favorite yet. Started with a strong powdered strawberry milk smell and turned into a rich pure kush smell and the strawberry element completely disappeared or got overshadowed by other terpines. I'll try to get some pictures up later. I should have took pictures when he was flowering last year. Very nice spacing of nugs as well as dense. I have a feeling this stud is gonna be around for awhile.

White Beard

No experience, but I’ve heard before that early-ripening pollen is not necessarily linked to any other desirable characteristics. At any rate, I approve of this thread!

Latest posts

Latest posts