What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

B

birdman_

^That 1 was-is the biggest Yielder i think,mate

(i recall some yrs ago? A Guy was Holding a casey Bud in Front of his Face..n.. :yoinks: The thing was so big His WHOLE HEAD was Gone!! .. (lol) )
^a pic from here! Think maybe that was the schmoe cut (?)

Last edited:

LouDog420

Think I have to disagree with the later budlet cuts vs reveg... Time and place for everything, as I like to say...

Generally the longer flowering sativa ladies are a bit easier to grab a late cut off of and will still throw roots. However, you get the heavy indica ladies that pretty much stop any and all growth at a certain point... Much easier to reveg with an existing root system in that case. Take a clone of my bubba s1 at 40+ days, and she isn't putting down any roots. I'm inclined to think it has to do with hormones at different levels, but that's just a guess...

Sure, you save a bit of space, but when it comes to keeping/losing genetics, sometimes easier to take up a little extra space but pretty much guarantee keeping the variety around. (Leave a Q on the plant, and she'll reveg with time and feeds... Overall loss is minimal, and if a Q breaks the bank, you're doing something wrong!)

Million ways to skin a cat and always enjoy different perspectives. TG, funny that's your stance, I've been watching those little cuts and nubs in your GB thread, and SB, no doubt, a bit of a bitch when it comes to propagation (whether popping beans or cuts) ;)

No schmoe cut here, but I believe that was a single lady that was found out of a pack. Never had the pleasure, but was always under the impression it yielded like a champ, but wasn't the best taste/aroma/potency profile due to limited selection numbers... Sure some are still holding her...

If looking for a cut, I be looking to get my hand on true's cut or the peri cut personally... Or just go bean searching and pop some numbers :D

Good vibes all

M

mugenbao

If looking for a cut, I be looking to get my hand on true's cut or the peri cut personally... Or just go bean searching and pop some numbers :D

Good vibes all
Wasn't True's cut used in the White Jones? I had two WJ that were decent yielders and smelled absolutely awesome.

Here they are in mid flower:

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's still some of my favorite smoke to this day. I currently still have a few jars of WJ x LF that I made by pollinating clones of the plants pictured above with a HOL Live Fire male, and I smoke that almost daily.

Attachments

• DSCF8296.jpg
    DSCF8296.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF8298.jpg
    DSCF8298.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 8

LouDog420

Yes, all CSG and ojd's gear uses true's casey cut.

White jones was a pleasure for sure... Funny, your pics, round and spear top, very similar with the two phenos I found... Didn't keep either but outcrossed both and I believe have some WJ x CJ f2 somewhere in the vault...

B

birdman_

Nice pics mugenbao.Didnt know true's cut was Used Heavily with ojd's CSG n True's gear (or truecanna Genetics as he Fairly recently set up ) i Do know the Original Exodus Cheese was used Quite often to make Crosses tho.. Your maybe-PROBABLY Correct as I dont know that many of their strains Anymore tbh..
ChemmyJONES i had from them also ive seen the RainbowJONES,(as pheonix shows) an ^ Yes ive heard of the WhiteJONES also.. "LOL" reckon your Quite spot on Ld420 :) ..Gratefull Casey is a reversed trues cut.
Im growing this untouched plant which again was Crossed with True's CJ but The real reason i got this is Because she is also 50% Of the ^Original exodus Cheese (or brightsides Cut) which i once experienced in her Natural form and she was Phenomenally SMELLY a real Security Risk like Nothing id experienced before) yep This is That Cheese ALSO Crossed to the CaseyJONES and Called Cheese n Chong:

She has that great Casey Vigor.. Towers over the Chem4d (which you can make out) and also is Considerably bigger than the 'Slightly taller' Critical Kush

^maybe cus of getting older?? dunno.. but as yet i am impressed with her BUT i Expected more to be Honest! ...Once had a trisel x "^that cheese" n she was more impressive i think...
Great casey vigor tho^.. I was pissed off cus of 5 seeds just 2 sprouted..
1 pheno (^) is cheesey.1 Pheno is fuely type.. both great vigor tho

^^ I would compare her to what we (uk) sometimes call the NELLY or Cxnl which is ^THAT CHEESE x Northernlights..[cut only]
but this 1 has much better vigor.Similar to there Back2cheese that true had OR once had (for x's)

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
way i figure is reveg usually takes a month or so, and two weeks for roots is standard...usually!

I think the hard part with the whole root system is if you overwater, i can be done very easily as there is not much foliage, i killed several nice plants by drowning unintentional!

I prefer to bloom a trained reveg plant, they have this zone, almost like the strecth, a shortwhile after they come out of reveg growth will explode for awhile, good time for ls because it makes em shoot out all over if ya had some nice calyx amount to start.

Tried getting a pic of a tiny leaf shooting from one of my reveg males ball sacks butthe camera is too shit!

Edit, just tried again and got it!

pipp

I found the GG4 grows as though its going to be a monster in veg but in flower instead of growing giant colas it grows lots of smaller buds although totally caked in resin reckon the True Cannablis Pheno of Casey Jones yields a lot more. Searched through ,many Critical Kush and found the stretchiest most resinous one is the best it has as much resin as the Gorilla Glue 4 but yields more will be a long term keeper. All three the TCCJ, GG4 and best Critical Kush are are all permanent keepers. Never seen seen as much resin on the best CK and GG4. LED's bring out even more resin. If the TCCJ could be crossed to the GG4 or best Ck then I can imagine one of the seeds would be the rue holy grail.
Still got your Dog Jones Birdman its a nice yielder but reckon the TCCJ or the C4D would be a better option you will be able to judge yourself soon enough. :)

B

birdman_

Im hoping to Cross the l'tle Cj Pollen i got to the C4d,C n C,(back 2 the CJ although not this time) Also the Bm in the future n GG#4 also..

^yes but also ogkush n Cookies cannot be forgot.

TCCJxGG4xOGKUSHxCOOKIES ! :yummy: ?
Many tho!....

True's Casey j ,Current state..

Last edited:

pankynugga

Just did 3 rips of Casey and had my wife take me up to the DMV to get my drivers license renewed. Stonedest mugshot ever, with little tiny red slits where my eyes are supposed to be. Now if johnny law pulls me over and I'm way baked I'll look just like the guy in the picture.

Thought i was the only one that does this!! lol Last pic i had take fro DMV it took 4 tries because my eyes kept shutting when the flash went off . haha My friends get a kick how baked i am when i go ....... it works too!!

LouDog420

Haha, nice shots! Glad you got some roots and saved that male tony. Drowning is certainly a concern. Should be stated I prefer coco for reveg if needed, and that is exactly the reason. Obviously if you can grab cuts before 4 weeks 12/12, that is the way to go, but worse case scenario... yadda yadda ;)

Birdman... Yep, True and OJD started CSG together, back when, before branching off into what is now Truecanna (sp?). So all casey crosses from ojd are using that cut, as it was the basis of many different strains (as you know). She just reverses well and has the pedigree to boot... Adds yield and flavor to just about anything you hit her to...

Your crosses all sound delicious! Keep tossing that pollen :D

I've got a few outcrosses...

All hit to my old colored cut...

Casey x Rugburn OG (Rare dankness)
......Cookiewreck (Cannaventure)
......Arne's Snowdog (Hybrids from hell)
......C-Plus (Chimera)
......Diesel Fire (CV)
......Midnight Madness (HOL)
......Ultra Sonja (Grindhouse)
f2s
f3s
bx1 (Casey f1 x Casey f2)

and of course the cjsb ix1...

Casey ain't going anywhere... Good vibes all!

LouDog420

gth, ghost train haze from moonshine/rd?? That's one pack that never made it to me (post), and I'm still very upset I never got to run it. Surely someone's done it somewhere though, otherwise I think you should!

Tony, GB is one of the first up on the seed sprouting list, along with the DB, some of jm's chem crosses, and a few others on the short list.... You better bet I've been itching and lurking on those beans. I'll know more regarding timelines in a little over a week. If all comes through, just a little time delay in popping, but trust me when I say it will be bad ass and well worth it... Big things for 2016 if the universe will cooperate, but could all go up in smoke! :D

Ya, stay tuned ;)

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that fucking universe!

Keep a look out the DBs have some reds you can find and the GBs have been throwing some colored cuts too, just thought of that sexy ass dark casey!

D

Deadphish1965

Loudog, I will. After all, Casey Jones was a train conductor. It might as well be a Ghost Train. I'm in the process of building a 4x2x6.5 cabinet. I don't have a lot of room. Once I figure out what I'm doing, I plan to cross GTH with Casey Jones. My second cross will be with a Gorilla Glue cross (there's no way I'd be able to get a clone where I am). If I can't get a GG cross then it will be crossed with sssdh.

M

mugenbao

I just popped one of my CJ x SB out of the Solo cup to check the roots, and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed.

I don't think they are fully recovered yet, but they look a great deal better and have doubled in size. The roots are nice and white, thick, fuzzy, and numerous. Not quite as good as coco roots, but they look great. These plants are pretty vigorous.

Looks like I'll be doing selection and transplanting within a few days, this weekend at the latest. Gonna select the best 8 to 10 (trying to include some males), dust the root balls with some Mycos, and put them into three gallon Smart Pots. Should be upgrading my lights be the end of the month, just in time for flowering.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just popped one of my CJ x SB out of the Solo cup to check the roots, and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed.

I don't think they are fully recovered yet, but they look a great deal better and have doubled in size. The roots are nice and white, thick, fuzzy, and numerous. Not quite as good as coco roots, but they look great. These plants are pretty vigorous.

Looks like I'll be doing selection and transplanting within a few days, this weekend at the latest. Gonna select the best 8 to 10 (trying to include some males), dust the root balls with some Mycos, and put them into three gallon Smart Pots. Should be upgrading my lights be the end of the month, just in time for flowering.

I have been experimenting with legume and rhizobacteria innoculants.

Latest posts

Latest posts